Mailing packages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mailing packages?

I know this maybe doesn't work exactly with this part of the forum but I thought more people who might know the answer will be looking through here... Okay, so I get sent a package from my SO nearly 8 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived he sent it international airmail but without a tracking number. I've heard stories of mail getting stolen and all this terrible stuff and I REALLY hope it didn't happen to me I was getting sent one of his sweaters ( for cuddles!) and a letter. I didn't think that this was worth very much other than obvious sentimental value to him and I. What do you guys think?.... Thanks!!! <3
    sigpic

Distance tears couples apart. But if we can get through over a year without even meeting... Thats special...
    -Connor<3

It's possible that it didn't get stolen but got lost instead. I actually have a ridiculously hard time getting anything to or from Canada for some reason. O.o;; And I live in the U.S., but when I was sending things to Australia, it took around 2-3 weeks to get there from California. So maybe it got lost?

Comment

I also did send a package to my girl. A tshirt to use for here matura. As a suprise. But when i expected it would arrive i told her about it. To look for it at the post. But now its already more then 3 weeks later and still not arrived. The time before i sended something it was there in a week. Or even less.... But yeah, maybe it will arrive. I hope it

Comment

I'm really sorry, but I think 8 weeks is WAY too long I'm betting it got lost somewhere. When I send to Finland, in only takes about a week through regular mail, except once when it got flagged in customs. Even then, he had it in three. It could still show up, but it could be a while.

It's always worth getting a tracking number, even if it costs a little more. I hope you'll get it eventually, that sucks.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I wouldn't take chances on the mail. I had a package I sent to my ex get lost once and it was very disappointing. I'd rather pay for tracking because honestly Canada Post is notorious for misplacing things. I really do hope you get it eventually!
          “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

i forgot to add that he put cologne in there too... would that be a factor? could it be at customs or some silly thing? i really hope so, that was a really special sweater to him, and it was a really big deal for him to give it to me...
            sigpic

Distance tears couples apart. But if we can get through over a year without even meeting... Thats special...
            -Connor<3

Comment

i dont think it will come.. the last time i mailed something it toke 4 weeks and normale it only takes 2
              normale it takes a wekk to send me something, but this time i am waiting
              you could try to call the postal or customs? sometimes they can find it..
              good luck i hope it still gets there!!

Comment

Oh no, I'm very sorry to hear that After 8 weeks though I'd say the chance of it turning up is pretty slim - I mailed my SO a care package last year which never arrived either. I'd put in a claim for a lost item now if you haven't done so already; your parcel might still turn up at some point in future (you never know!) but... it's definitely worth paying that small amount extra for a tracking number in future, for your peace of mind's sake.

Comment

well bein he is in australia it might take awhile cause i know for me to send a friend of mine stuff to canada from the usa it can take up to 2 months cause canada has strict ideas of goin through all the stuff sent out as well as in at least from the usa thats what they told my friend in canada so hopefully you get it seen

Comment

Working...
                  X