Not being able to be there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not being able to be there

My SO told me tonight that he has been dealing with a lot of anxiety & had a panic attack the other day which he didn't tell me about until this email. He knows I want to know what's going on in his life, but I feel upset that I can't be with him when he's going through difficult times. I myself have anxiety/depression & PTSD so I know a little bit about what he's going through, I had a slight panic attack the another day to when I got lost coming from somewhere & told him about it, so I feel it was a step for him to tell me about his panic attack. I worry about him though & being so far away from him doesn't help at all. But he also told me that he has it under control as well. So I have to trust he does, even though I feel helpless. I love him so much, & I hate to know he's going through difficult times. But all I can do is pray for him & be there for him as much as I can through emailing him everyday day to check up on him.

I think there are times where we just have to accept that we actually can't help - and that is why we feel helpless. I mean, even if you were there WITH him he would still probably go through things that directly effect him and you can't change or do much to help. In relationships we just have to learn to support the person when they're going through a tough time, a lot of the time your support and love, just knowing that you are there for them is help in itself.
    Met Online: February 2009
    Feelings grew: January 2011
    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Thanks, I understand, that my support & love means a lot more & knowing I'm there for him. I just told him I praying for him & that I want to be there for him as well & he says thanks & that he appreciates it a great deal.

Comment

If you only knew how much we all feel ur pain! In someway or another.

Comment

I'm so proud of my SO. He is really opening up to me & it's not like it was in the past. When he was having anxiety in the past he would disappear on me & I wouldn't hear from him for months, in which I would be so worried about him, I would leave him voicemails & pray for him, & hear nothing for months. Well he's is still going through anxiety & is not doing too good, but he texted me & told me this. He hasn't disappeared on me, I told him in so proud of him for talking to me, even though he may not talk to me about how he's feeling or what's causing him anxiety, he's still talking to me, & that's a HUGE step for him. I'm such a proud girfriend!

Comment

Working...
          X