Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we couldnt do that lol

Comment

trust is never an issue with us, the only reason we dont talk or miss a day is because of life situations. its never been a question if we miss each other because we do everyday =(

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
        I don't like the name "free day", it sounds kind of like your LDR is imprisoning you in some way It's good and healthy to do your own thing, there is nothing bad (or worth freaking out about!!) if there are days where you don't talk to your SO. It shouldn't be a test though, it's just life.
        I agree with you! Don't call it a free day D:
        And I don't know about you guys, but I get super cranky if I don't talk to my boo at least once a day. Communication just too important in an LDR.

Comment

Originally posted by TooFarAway View Post
          I agree with you! Don't call it a free day D:
          And I don't know about you guys, but I get super cranky if I don't talk to my boo at least once a day. Communication just too important in an LDR.
          I concur, I also get cranky when I haven't spoken to him in a few hours good to know it's not just me.

Comment

I agree. I tend to be cranky if we don't contact each other at least once daily, but i def. miss convo after a couple of hours..

Comment

What's wrong with saying "do you miss me?" or asking for reassurance?

Originally posted by marentora View Post
              Once I tried this thing in my life, when my boyfriend hurt me and I felt really bad. I decided, that I had to see his feelings and I log out from facebook, skype and I didn't listen music on last.fm. In first day I hadn't gotten any calls, but in second day my boyfriend tried to connect with me 10 times by phone, so I picked up the phone and talked with him. It was really important for me, because he often forget about his phone - I'm calling and he isn't receiving. I'm feeling so awful, so useless... At such moments I think, he forgets about me... He forgets about the fact that I'm worried about him... He says that it is human to forget your phone, but I told him, that I need it to have contact with him. However, he still often forgets about his phone... I hate it, but I don't know what should I do to change his mind.
              @marentora: If you've tried talking with him about it, then I think at this point, all you can really do is accept this as a quirk of your SO. If you talk on Facebook and Skype, maybe that's enough for him and maybe you simply have to accept that? I know my ex wanted more phone talk than I could afford and so until he was able to figure out himself, that was one way in which I had to put my foot down and say I simply couldn't do it. He had to accept that. He also liked to Skype a lot less than I did, and that was something I had to learn to accept. Sometimes you have to be content with what modes of communication you can get, y'know?

Comment

couldnt live without hearing his voice everyday hehehe

Comment

I love having space and doing my own thing BUT I never test my SO. Why don't you just say I'd
                  love a day to myself and explain that you think it's fair that you both get a break from consistently being on your phone.

Comment

Well,I will echo what a lot of others have said here,it's immature in my opinion. This to me is like the relationship equivalent of the "Let's Play The Quiet Game" that 5 year olds play. It's good to have a day to yourself,but it's the manner in which you go about it. You don't just not speak to them out of the blue for one day and call that a "free day". You can get wires crossed with your SO by doing that and the fact that you would even have to go to such a measure "to see if they miss you" says that there is something wrong in your relationship that you need to fix.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                    Back Together: August 1,2012
                    First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                    Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                    Engaged: January 17,2013
                    Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                    Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                    We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                    SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                    Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Louise_B View Post
                      a 'Free day' can come round and bite you back in the butt. i think its a dumb idea personally!

personally i wouldnt tamper with ignoring your SO for the day. He may become pissed about it or start getting things in his head that you must be TOO 'busy' to be replying to him. and he'll just do it to you the next day.

I dont think its fair to be playing games when there is distance between you both! Dont get me wrong my SO will text me and il give it a few hours before i text back but he knows if i dont text im busy with work. I guess its up to you what you want to do.
                      I think this definitely is good advice.

First Visit: September 2016
                      Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
                      Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
                      For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                      John 4:12
                      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

As my SO and I are still in school we talk leave messages on facebook for each other when we can, then we talk for about 10-15 minutes during the afternoon on facebook and then we skype from 9-10 my time (his parents rules). It means we both can have our freedom and get on with our lives but still talk. Admitedly it's annoying sometimes if we go out and don't get back in time to skype but I always try to make him videos when I can as I don't know when he will have wifi so he knows I miss him still. I make videos and he sends me letters The arrangement works out okay, as i've just finished my exams I needed to focus on, and it gives me something to look forward too. My friend was in a LDR as well and they just broke up because they spoke every minute of the day and eventually the conversations got boring and meaningless for both of them. I wouldn't do a "missing day" as I think it would just worry my SO so much as he worries about me anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiedPiper View Post
                          What's wrong with saying "do you miss me?" or asking for reassurance?
                          @marentora: If you've tried talking with him about it, then I think at this point, all you can really do is accept this as a quirk of your SO. If you talk on Facebook and Skype, maybe that's enough for him and maybe you simply have to accept that? I know my ex wanted more phone talk than I could afford and so until he was able to figure out himself, that was one way in which I had to put my foot down and say I simply couldn't do it. He had to accept that. He also liked to Skype a lot less than I did, and that was something I had to learn to accept. Sometimes you have to be content with what modes of communication you can get, y'know?
                          I think, I should accept his strange phoning behavior... It's really hard for me, because I need his interest and I'm sick to death of his behavior ;// Maybe, you're right, that skype and facebook is enough for him, because we spend a lot of time there. But I take care of him and I need to know how's it going in his life. Sometimes I think with my friends, that he takes me for granted and forgets about my sacrifice ;( Because I always find time for him, even as I have important tests at school. I can't imagine my life without seeing him, hearing his voice, talking with him. I thought, that I get on with him and everything is perfect, because I love him and he loves me, but I miss him so much... Perhaps the fault is in my character and upbringing... I don't know. Fortunately he has a new money on his phone and yesterday he sent me some short messages and called me! I was so excited! Perhaps, I'm a bit jelous of my friends, who are in LDR and their boyfriends call them everyday, sometimes a few times a day, also to say 'good morning' and 'good night'.

Comment

i only speak to my SO a text or 2 a day and then skype maybe once a week if we are lucky.. sometimes 24 hours go by and we dont speak just because... i miss him everyday regardless! you shouldn't have to set yourself tests... bad idea in a normal relationship let alone an LDR

Comment

Working...
                            X