Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I haven't heard from my SO, and he's usually all i hear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't heard from my SO, and he's usually all i hear.

Hi Guys,

I'm a Newbie ^__^ This is my first post. I've actually been reading a lot of threads but have never really felt cause to write a post until today. I am excited to become part of this community...

I live in NYC and my S/O lives in Glasgow its a really tough distance but we've been doing quite well. I'm deeply in love with him and am learning to how to be open again after some rough relationships. Not just SO's but also family and close friends. I've recently had hesitations about all love, especially long distance. But for this one I can put all that away. He's the most gentle creature. Always caring, always attentive, and keeps his promises, it's the first genuine love I've felt for some time. Constantly and with every sense of want reassures me he is with me. I ramble...

I have a pretty high stress job and so does he. We usually keep each other company throughout the day. We are both fairly clingy. We aren't wild about it, we just constantly have each other on kik messenger there to speak to one another if the mood should strike, or if we need each other...or just want to express things we feel... or to tell the haps on the other side of the world. ~__^
    With the amount of distance between us this is kind of how we get through the days. We're 2 months out from a long visit we've been planning, we just bought tickets last week... It's Great.

But now, I haven't heard from him in a few days. This amount of worry and anxiety I have over this feels a little crazy. But as I described before it has become our natural state since committing. We talk from when we wake up to when we fall asleep and it's beautiful.

At first i noticed on Kik that his messenges were stuck on S and not being delivered. So I thought 'It could have been a phone accident.' (last time we spoke, he was at the pool and is clumsy like me -.-) I just don't understand why I haven't gotten an email... when I cracked the LCD on my phone we just skyped one another from my tablet. He has a tablet and laptop too.

Then, when his messages went from sent to delivered I thought 'There was also a death looming in his family and it could be that person finally passed and he had fallen into grief?' So I checked the app we use to call eachother and he's online... at last! i call... no answer. I try a direct Call still no answer. That's when I started to freak. Selfishly I'd feel sad not being given an opportunity to at least try to prop him up while mourning, but Ok screw me in this situation, why not just let me know?

I could go on and on for paragraphs and paragraphs about why I'm feeling so frustrated, anxious, and sad about the whole thing. I want to stop freaking out so...
    Any tips?
    Advice?
    I'm hoping someone understands.
    Last edited by Mill6038; June 10, 2013, 11:17 PM.

Welcome to lfad
    That's indeed all very strange.
    You haven't had any issues in the relationship recently that made him back off?
    I was first wondering if he might be ill and whether you could contact a family member but now that he's been online...
    I don't know how close he is with this family member but in my opinion that isn't an excuse not to even send a quick text and let your partner know that right now you would prefer to be left alone for a bit.
    Everybody reacts different to a loss and he might be one of those people who need their space and mourn alone. I assume you have sent him texts, asking about what's going on?
    If so,there is nothing you can do at this point apart from waiting until he contacts you. He needs to know that you're not ok with this behaviour but if he's grieving, be careful with your words or wait a while before you bring it up.

Comment

If it is a death then he doesn't have to give you an opportunity
      to prop him up. That's a very personal and subjective experience that he may want to share with family or even independently.

Inviting another person into your grieving space even if you love them is incredibaly hard for some. He'll contact you when he's ready and I'd just prepare yourself to let go of the fact that he didn't include you.

Be there for him.

If its not a death he could just be busy doing something and didn't have the opportunity to talk.

Comment

Hmmmm...that really is strange. I'd give it a day or two before you panic, since there could be an emergency (though I don't now why he'd be online then), but after that I'd bombard him until I got some answers. Even if he's grieving, it's not fair to leave you hanging like that
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Huh...I agree with Moon on this one. That is really weird. He should at least be considerate and tell you that he's unable to talk to you for a bit. Was there any problems the last time you two talked?

First met: June 2012
          Became Committed: June 04, 2012
          Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
          Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Still Nothing guys...

I saw that he was online on Viber which is weird... so I started calling. It was just going straight to voicemail.... Also there wasn't really any online activity the past few days.

To answer what I think everyone is wondering... We haven't any problems going on for months and even then it was such a tiny thing. We are really happy together. We just bought tickets like 4 days to see each other in both of our areas at different times this year... I am not someone who's oblivious to signs and signals. Literally the only reason we stopped talking is because he said he had arrived at the pool and we'd speak later. When I hadn't heard anything in like 5 hrs messaged to check in and still haven't heard anything.... I don't understand why he would do all of those things and then just hide out from me. I'm worried that he is.... and if not that something's happened. I don't really know what to do... I love him so much.

*waits*

Comment

Originally posted by Mill6038 View Post
              Still Nothing guys...

I saw that he was online on Viber which is weird... so I started calling. It was just going straight to voicemail.... Also there wasn't really any online activity the past few days.

To answer what I think everyone is wondering... We haven't any problems going on for months and even then it was such a tiny thing. We are really happy together. We just bought tickets like 4 days to see each other in both of our areas at different times this year... I am not someone who's oblivious to signs and signals. Literally the only reason we stopped talking is because he said he had arrived at the pool and we'd speak later. When I hadn't heard anything in like 5 hrs messaged to check in and still haven't heard anything.... I don't understand why he would do all of those things and then just hide out from me. I'm worried that he is.... and if not that something's happened. I don't really know what to do... I love him so much.

*waits*
              That's actually like really scary. I would just wait and let him make the first move to contact you back. In the meantime, go and hang out with some friends if you can! The best way I don't worry about my boyfriend is by hanging out with my best friends.

First met: June 2012
              Became Committed: June 04, 2012
              Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
              Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Welcome to the community

Considering you're clingy and are used to speaking to each other daily, no doubt its worrisome! Give him at least a week before you panic. I find it even more bizarre that you've seen traces of him online yet he seems to be ignoring. Even if he had been away from the computer/phone at the time I'm sure he would have seen the missed calls/message and tried to reach out to you. I hate to say it but maybe he's getting cold feet about the trips you booked and is hiding out? Is there a mutual friend or family member you can reach out to make sure he is okay?
                “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Is it possible that someone stole his phone?

Comment

Have you been calling only or have you left a voicemail? Maybe you could try e-mailing? I know you've mentioned calling but I'm not sure what other attempts to contact him you've made. I agree with digitalfever though, on all counts.

Comment

Originally posted by commasplice View Post
                      Welcome to the community

Considering you're clingy and are used to speaking to each other daily, no doubt its worrisome! Give him at least a week before you panic. I find it even more bizarre that you've seen traces of him online yet he seems to be ignoring. Even if he had been away from the computer/phone at the time I'm sure he would have seen the missed calls/message and tried to reach out to you. I hate to say it but maybe he's getting cold feet about the trips you booked and is hiding out? Is there a mutual friend or family member you can reach out to make sure he is okay?
                      Ya i'm trying to calmly get to the week mark but its weird and difficult. I can't believe i'm seeing traces of him either. I just am discouraged by the fact that I've text him and called directly and gotten a ring and no answer. I hope he's not getting cold feet about it. i would rather he talk to me about it and not hide... Its just scary cause it doesn't really seem like him I only know one person and I don't really have a contact. We were excited (so i thought) to meet people we know but it hasn't happened yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiedPiper View Post
                        Have you been calling only or have you left a voicemail? Maybe you could try e-mailing? I know you've mentioned calling but I'm not sure what other attempts to contact him you've made. I agree with digitalfever though, on all counts.

I left my first voice mail Ive ever had to leave for him. I just asked if he's ok if he wouldn't mind getting in touch with me even if briefly. i did send an email on Monday asking what was up but he didn't answer. I am open to suggestions about other ways to find out whats going on but i feel like i've exhausted my options.

I am with digital fever too on all accounts too, except the fact that he might be too busy. for the prop up comment i was just like emptying my brain because no one really understands this situation. My friends look at me funny. That's why i said I'd want to prop him up but that's selfish and i can completely put that aside if he'd just say hey this happened give me space i'll be back or not even...I just want to know. It's not like i can pop round his house

Maybe his phone got stolen. but why wouldn't he just cancel it? I thought it was just broken before i'd seen him on and offline... idk

hey thanks everyone who's indulging me. i've been kinda wrecked. i'm really looking fwd to talking about other subjects when this is all over.

Comment

ya.... maybe... I did think it was broken before panic sunk in but now that he's been on and off the phone it does seem like it might be stolen... idk

Comment

Working...
                          X