No announcement yet.

Optimism & Pessimism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm the pessimistic one. I believe if your pessimistic it can only get better..

Comment

Originally posted by digitalfever View Post
      I believe if your pessimistic it can only get better..
      You often need other people to play their part for something to work out. And a negative attitude can be so off-putting it turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy. People think, why should I care when you don't believe in it?
      But an optimistic perspective can motivate others to put in effort and help you make it happen.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by Malaga View Post
        You often need other people to play their part for something to work out. And a negative attitude can be so off-putting it turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy. People think, why should I care when you don't believe in it?
        But an optimistic perspective can motivate others to put in effort and help you make it happen.
        I agree. This is what I meant when I was talking about perception. I used to have such a negative and cynical frame of mind because I felt that it protected me from being hurt, but all it did was create more negativity in my life. Sure, hurt still happens, but since gaining a more realistic and even optimistic perspective on life, I have found that I struggle nowhere near as often as I did when I was a cold hard cynic.

Comment

Working...
        X