Please help! I can't stop crying!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help! I can't stop crying!

He's going off right now and making me doubt that we will make it. A brief history of our relationship is that we have been together for 2 years despite having not met each other yet, despite my family being totally against it and slamming me for it to the point where I moved out of my familys house and am now living on my own in an apartment trying to support myself. I've been applying for other jobs so that I can work 2 and have that money to go and visit him for the first time in August WHILE trying freelancing on Elance during my freetime at the job I work right now. So all in all I am trying to work 3 jobs so I can come see him. I don't mind and I don't care. I'd do anything to be able to go and see him.

It jsut seems like I can't do anything right and its driving me INSANE!!! I try sooo soo hard to keep this right and perfect but in his eyes its never good enough.. or so it feels like. This last week he got onto me a crazy ton because I had a babysitting job and fathers day so I couldnt spend the weekend with him. I apologized over and over telling him that I love him and trying to find time for him and I and saying that there are other days and life happens and next week I am all his. He didn't listen and just ignored eveyrthing I sadi and had his mood and then eventually got over it. Only for him to do the same exact thing to me this entire week. Not purposefully but it happened. He jsut seems to be very sensitive and EVERYTHING gets to him and he neevr listens to me when he gets feelings.... So why am I crying right now? Well because he is going off on me again and saying things that are taking all hopes away from me. We were having a simple conversation, laughing and talking. I told him that when I was younger I wanted to move to Califronia because I don't want ot live in Texas my entire life. Well lately I have been watching this girl on Youtube that I really like and she lives in Calirfornia and its beautiful and fun and makes me want to move there. I also said that it would be perfect because thats where he will be moving when he is finally able to get his Visa to the US. It was jsut simply an idea, a fleeting thought in my head byt fun to think of and I told him about it. All of a sudden he said he wanted to go to bed and I knew I had done somethign wrong in his eyes. He thinks thats all I want to do is have fun and not focus on us. He is saying all the wrong things about how what if he cant come here next year or the year after. That his life would be easier and more simple there where he lives and he could jsut start a small company where he lives and get a car and move on with his life. Not that he would want to but sometimes he gets frustrated. Totally understandable but you don't say that to your girl! Then he is saying how we won't last if I dont focus on us and just think of having fun outside of us. You guys have NOO clue how I tried to tell him that I am focused and im NOT moving to California that I was simply saying a scene and change int life and experiencing something new here would be fun. He just moved to a different city where he is at... So he moved but I cant even MENTION moving and he thingks I dont care and am not focused. He gets so sensitive and NOTHING i can say is changing his attitude right now. We spend every single day together besides this last weekend. We video chat while Im at work, we video chat when I get home, we video chat on the weekends, we send messages, we are btoh saving all of our money, ect ect! Im trying so hard! I told him that I am focusing on us and I love him so much and he is my future but that I also need to do things here as well. That if I ever was to move that it wouldn't change a simple thing about our relationship. That we woudl still haev all the time together and we would love each other and be working towards each other but that doesn't matter to him. He doesn't get the fact that I need to do things to and focus on here as well. That I need to balance it out and he needs to work with me. Except if I tell him that then he says I don't care abotu us and don't love him as much and put as much into this as him. I just need some fun here too! I need to experience life to a degree. I am young and need to do some things but it doesnt mean that I am not putting that same amount of efffort right back into us and more. I mean, Im trying to work 3 jobs! How crazy is that?! Thats focusing on us and trying! UGH! :'( I jsut simply told him that moving to California would be fun and he goes off and says all of these things and its just... crushing me. I understand that he s burdened and I tried to help in the best way I can but it jsut feels like he doesnt see a single thing that I do. That he gets one idea in his head and goes crazy over that thoughts and throwing it at me. I honestly don't know what to do. PLease help calm me down and give me some advice!

It is NOT okay for him to pout over you missing a weekend with him when you're working. It isn't okay for him to treat you like this over every imagined fault. If he can't see that you're working hard in order to save money, have lost your family and your home over him, and it still isn't good enough for him, then he doesn't deserve you. You have to put your foot down and remind him that you do many things for your relationship and that it hurts when he says you don't do anything or don't care about him. Tell him that you love him and when you'll talk again, and don't let him guilt trip you over working or having silly day dreams. Please do stand your ground when he overreacts like this. Tell him that it's hurtful, remind him that you love him. But don't let him continue to browbeat you like this.

Comment

Ok,so first of all,your boyfriend needs to understand that there's this thing we call life. We all have to live it even when in relationships. If we don't live our lives and maintain a certain amount of individuality when in relationships we lose ourselves,this is in no shape,form or fashion good. It will lead to you resenting him if he does not stop trying to make you make your whole world revolve around him. So what if you missed a weekend with him? especially if you guys talk non-stop 24/7. He needs to find something to do to occupy his time and live his life too. It is unrealistic to expect you to make every single waking moment about him and your relationship.

You also need to stop letting him guilt trip you every time you say or do something,hypothetical or not. If you continue to let him guilt trip you every time you want to say or do something then he will think it is ok and continue to do it because he knows it gets him what he wants. You need to put your foot down as Shepard-Fowkes said and not let him continue doing this. You should not have to feel guilty for wanting to have a life outside of him and for him to make you feel otherwise is ridiculous.

Also as Shepard-Fowkes said,if he can't see that everything you are doing is for him and that if you didn't care or love him you wouldn't be doing it,then he doesn't deserve you. The fact that you're working essentially 3 jobs,not having a life for him,and have given up your family should be proof enough to him that you love and care about him. If he doesn't see that then he's blind.

You need to stand your ground and let him know how this makes you feel. Be nice and let him know that you love him but that things can't continue the way that they are. But,under no circumstances back down because of his reaction or let him browbeat you.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
      Back Together: August 1,2012
      First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
      Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
      Engaged: January 17,2013
      Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
      Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
      We Got Married! - July 3,2014
      SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
      Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Talk with him, tell him how you feel. You shouldn't constantly cater to his emotional needs while he's not doing it back.

You are okay to have your own dreams, life and time. You can't allow him to treat you like that, it's emotional blackmail.

I understand you try to do everything to make him happy, only it takes two to make a relationship. In a relation where only one person do that the other is an emotional abuser.

I'm sorry for strong words but I feel very strongly for this kind of thing

Think if you want to be with a person who abuses your good heart.

I wish you strength and self confidence.
        “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
        ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
        Closed the distance >21.03.2015
        sigpic

Comment

sorry this screams emotinal abuse to me... atleast talk to him and good luck!

Comment

... And what is it that he does for the good of your relationship? For your future, for you two meeting and eventually closing the distance?

Comment

Thank you for responding and saying all of that! I really appreciate it. So, I took until later today to speak with him about it... and I just tried and .. it definitely did not go over very well. I started with the fact that I love him and I know he was feeling down yesterday so I understand why he said some of the things that he said. He thanked me so I went on... I told him that even thoguh someone is in a weak moment it doesnt give them th right to say some of the things that he said. Such as that his life would be easier without me in it. I told him that that crushed me and I love him so much and want the best life for him, that I know he would never choose easy because he loves me but that I don't appreciate him saying that at all. I then I brought up the part that he was saying about how he may never be able to come here and that scares him. I asked him what he meant by that and what would he do and what would happen if he can't. He didn''t talk about it. So I brought up the next point where I told him that if I wanted to move to California right now then I can move to California. If I wanted to move to some other country then I can move to some other country. That it wouldn't affect our future. That I would still be here and we both would be workign towards our goal of being togetther forever and our relationship wouldnt change bad at all. I also said that it was JUST a thought. A simple statement that I said it would be fun to move to california. He said that in decisions liek that I should respect hima dn come to him with it and get his input. I said that of course I would talk to him but I dont see the point in what happened yesterday given the fact that I AM NOT moving to California. That I simply stated a fact. and then that got me upset and I said if I wanted to go then Ihave the right to go. So he jsut said "whatever. Do what you want to do. I just won't care anymore. I'll just focus on myself and getting there whenever I can." Which crushed me again and I ended the video chat. I've received a ton of messages since but havent checked them because its him going off on me saying how he doesn't appreciate this and that and ect ect.... Should I jsut not contact him for a few days. Should I jsut leave things alone right now? Whats the best thing?

Comment

Yes! Absolutely step back for a bit but do it for your own peace, not to get back at him or give him space. He sounds incredibly selfish and immature. You need a few days on your own to reevaluate what this guy and this relationship is doing for you considering all that you've done and sacrificed for his sake.
                Our separation so abides, and flies,
                That thou, residing here, go'st yet with me,
                And I, hence fleeting, here remain with thee.

Comment

Thanks Phoenix! I'm going to do that. I really need some air right now and can't keep dealing with this. thanks thansk and again thanks!

Comment

Honestly he sounds like he's trying to guilt trip and control you. I lost a friend that way. Her boyfriend literally CRIED when she wanted to hangout with me instead of him and she fell for it. If he really loved you, he would want you to be happy no matter what.
                    Made it official: 12-01-10
                    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
                    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

It's so hard! I get so confused and twisted because now he is saying that I"m the one with emotional outbreaks and can't listen to his feelings and all he was trying to do was communicate with me but I led it to this and how can I ever expect him to open up his bad feelings with me in the future and communicate since I can't listen and cause this. That now since I am asking for time that I am running away from the issue and until I can admit my mistake and apologize for them then yes we can't have a conversation about it.

Comment

Exactly what BH and Phoenix said. It sounds like he has a little growing up to do. He needs to realize not everything is always about him and what he wants. If he can't deal with that then maybe he doesn't need to be in a relationship.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                        Back Together: August 1,2012
                        First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                        Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                        Engaged: January 17,2013
                        Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                        Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                        We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                        SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                        Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Thanks Lady Daemon

Comment

This thread just made me so ANGRY. Seriously. You're trying to communicate with him and all he's doing is being really rude by either not replying to you or saying "whatever I won't care." That's immature, and now he's trying to turn the tables on you and say YOU're the one with a problem? Unbelievable.

Please please please realize that you have every right in the world to express the wish to move to another state, go out and see your family (he was mad that you were busy on father's day? wow.) and your friends. You're obviously trying really hard for this relationship to work, I couldn't imagine trying to work 3 jobs. Don't let him feel bad about yourself, and stand your ground. He just needs to stop pouting and realize that everything isn't all about him.
                            So, here you are
                            too foreign for home
                            too foreign for here.
                            Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Halloween View Post
                              Honestly he sounds like he's trying to guilt trip and control you. I lost a friend that way. Her boyfriend literally CRIED when she wanted to hangout with me instead of him and she fell for it. If he really loved you, he would want you to be happy no matter what.
                              Relating to what black_halloween said, his behavior is out of line. I might be making the wrong assumptions here and piecing things together wrong but I can't help but express myself on this one. Your info says your SO's location is in Africa.. is he African, or just living there? It's very common for African men to behave this way because of the culture. I don't know if you know a lot of about how things are over there but women pretty much get no say in anything and what the man says goes. He probably expects you to conform to this as well considering you're his woman. I dunno, just something to think about. I'd be careful in this relationship.

Comment

Working...
                              X