How often do you talk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you talk?

Long distance relationships are, for obvious reasons, different and perhaps more difficult than close distance relationships for some people. Especially if the couple is located in two different time zones.

Me and my guy are in totally different time zones, but I talk to him everyday. Even if it's only by text (which most days that's usually all it is, though hopefully we can increase phone/video chats as we grow...). Sometimes it's only a small conversation though fortunately most days we are able to talk on and off throughout the day. The thought of zero communication, even for one day, freaks me out a bit.

But I realize that there might be some couples out there that, for one reason or another, must deal with this.

Out of curiosity, for those that do not mind answering... do you and your SO communicate in some way everyday? What's your most common form of communication (text, phone, video)?
    If you cannot communicate daily, how often do you?

Thanks in advanced!

Hi there! I am in a relatively new ldr. We've known each other since 2011 but admitted feelings back in early June. We talk everyday if not multiple times throughout the day via text and by phone. We've video chatted before but we usually talk and text on our cell phones.

Comment

We talk everyday. While I'm at school and he's working, we text and talk on the phone. At night we skype or, recently, use google hangouts.

Comment

Everyday, even if it's only a few texts. We are lucky.

~

Comment

We use whatsapp to text as much as we can during the day (good when you're international) and skype almost every night.

a gente se completa neste abraço

Comment

My SO and I are newly long distance, so we're still getting into the rhythm of things, so it varies from day to day about how we communicate/how often. Before he ran out of minutes on his phone, he'd call me in the morning before he left for school, then we'd text throughout the day, maybe he'd would call me for a few minutes on his lunch break, and then he'd call me at night around 11 (9 his time). Now that he is working, and he has internet, we'll just text throughout the day, then he will skype me when he gets home from work (12 my time). But now he has his minutes back so I'm excited for quick phone calls. Once I start school, though, things may get a little more difficult to find time to talk, but I'm sure we'll figure something out that works for us both. I honestly did not think 2 hours time difference would be difficult, but it's certainly not easy, I applaud those of you who are in LDRs with big big time differences, I don't know how you all manage, ahah.
            started dating: 12/08/12
            "i love you": 04/12/13
            el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
            montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
            el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
            montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
            el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
            el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
            el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
            san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
            san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

There's a seven hour difference between me and my SO. Most of the time it's fine, we just text during the day... but there have been some late nights/early mornings for each of us just to talk to each other!

Comment

We have a seven hour time difference, too. We also work in an industry that simply doesn't allow being able to chat personally in whatever way during the day, so most days we chat for about an hour, immediately when I get home from work. We've been together for over four years, so having to skip days on occasion, or even the rare several days, doesn't phase us too much. It's a sacrifice, he loses a lot of sleep in order to make sure we can do this, and I have to shuffle things quite often to be home on time, but it works for us.

Also, just as an FYI, there are tons of threads about this already, you might want to use the search function at the upper right of the screen, you'll get a lot of info from past threads, and you can always add to them
                Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

My SO and I talk twice a day. Once on her half hour ride home from work and our big 7+ hour conversation at night once we've both settled into our rooms and bed for the evening. Besides the twice a day every day phone calls, We text nonstop all throughout the day.

Comment

Everyday 2-4 times depending on how busy or tired we are that's on the phone, and we send message through LINE or facebook through the day ^^

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                    2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                    3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                    4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                    5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                    6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                    7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                    Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                    UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

We Skype everyday for hours on end
                      Sadly, that'll change when I go back to Univercity in September, and he starts work soon too.
                      We can't text right now since his phone can't call/text to England. Hopefully we'll find something!

Comment

Once a week ...

Comment

Everyday. Text. Talk everynight and fall asleep with the earpieces in our ears lololol

Comment

My SO and I both have school, and he works late nights 5 days out of the week. He doesn't get home until 1-2am and usually I try to stay up but I end up passing out anyway. The only window of time to talk that we have that lasts more than 1 or 2 hours are Thursdays. We're both free on Thursdays. Other than that, we talk pretty much everyday but the time varies from as short as 30mins and as long as 2 hours on average, predominately through phone calls or Skype.

Comment

We talk everyday on whatspp for a while. Phone calls are limited to once a week at the most, because they're too expensive and we haven't skyped for 2 months. So very, very rarely because of terrible internet connection. Fortunately, we're lucky to only have a 2 hour time difference in summer and 1 hour difference in winter. I respect all of you that have a 6,7,8 hour time difference to think about as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X