We're on a break...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're on a break...

For those of you who have been following up with the up and downs and the drama of our relationship, we are on a break now. We are going non-communication until October 1st. I think this will lead up to a permanent break but we've tried breaking up so often and the heightened emotions just lead us back to each other each time... I thought this may be a more calm and subdued way to deal with it. I told him he's free to date other people, but he says he won't... he'll just concentrate on his life and figuring out if we can make things work... I have no hope anymore... He took it all away from me, again. There is just so often that he can tell me he doesn't know what he wants before I have to stand up for myself and say that I DO know what I want...

Who knows, maybe the time apart will do us good, but I doubt it... I am feeling more and more detached with every passing day... I think we finally found a way to leave each other without drama or theatrics... just in a calm, gradual process...

I know the hurt will hit me later, but that is part of breaking up... I know a part of me will always love me, but I think I'll manage to not be in love with him anymore... When I think back on us, I won't idealize the relationship or concentrate on the negative. I'll see it for what it was: One of my life's big love stories that helped me define who I am. This relationship made me a better person, but I think it has reached it's end point...

I just wish I was excited to embark on the next adventure, but I'm not. I think I'll need to be alone for a while...
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

I'm really sorry to hear this, but you're right, if you know what you want from life and he can't decide, you need to follow your path, even if it's alone. You'll be OK, just remember to be kind to yourself.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about that
      I sounds like you made the right decision. Take it easy and be good to yourself. It'll hurt a lot but eventually, you'll start healing. Sending many hugs your way.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this Vero.
        If you need to talk you can send me a message. Not sure how much help I could provide but I'm a good listener.
        *hugs*

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Like everybody else said, if he cant chose then you need to stand up and chose for him. Im sorry this is happening sweetie. <3
          Made it official: 12-01-10
          First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
          Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

I think you've been more than patient and I really hope this break gives you both some perspective. You're strong, smart and damn well worth more than this.

Comment

Sending good thoughts your way. Focus on yourself, and you'll be alright

Comment

Sending hugs - and just keep taking care of you

Comment

I'd like to add to the hugs, too. Looking out for yourself is the right thing to do.
                  So, here you are
                  too foreign for home
                  too foreign for here.
                  Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

I sort of know the feeling. I am trying to save the relationship. But she says she can't give me what I want, yet she says she loves me. Then she won't tell me what 'she thinks' I want. She also doesn't communicate. I am getting used to feeling detached.

First Visit: September 2016
                    Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
                    Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
                    For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                    John 4:12
                    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

I'm so sorry it's come to this for you guys. At least you're able to focus on yourself now and move on from all of this!

sigpic

Comment

You're entitled to a little "me time" take care of yourself especially when the reality of it all begins to sink in.
                        “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Originally posted by digitalfever View Post
                          I think you've been more than patient and I really hope this break gives you both some perspective. You're strong, smart and damn well worth more than this.

Basically this.
                          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Sorry your going through this, but if it's for the best then I am kinda happy for you! Always here if you want a chat =)

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                            2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                            3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                            4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                            5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                            6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                            7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                            Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                            UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Adding to all the hugs. Take some time to focus on you. It's well deserved at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X