Girlfriend troubles, she wants to break up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAegis View Post
    I don't know but I feel quite hollow and empty. The first girl who actually showed any interest in me other than to use me for my skills. (Example to have me fix their computers/technology help) Girls don't seem to appreciate nerds/geeks/whatever label for the people that make the world go around the everybody seems to dislike. Due to my choice of career and schooling and I guess my overall interests I don't really run into many girls as it is so she was kind of special to appreciate me for who I was and not trying to change me. I know you guys say that it isn't the guys fault, but according to her, he is fully aware of the situation. Yes it isn't completely his fault, but I believe he is still accountable to a certain extent. As for sending back the gift... I would but I'm too cheap and not motivated enough to package it up and spend $15 to mail it. I may end up giving it to some homeless person or burying it in my closet. In a sense my a good portion of my life revolved around this one sided relationship and in hindsight it was a little pathetic I guess and I should have picked up on the signs a long time ago. I still can't believe she's sending me mixed signals as she's running off with somebody else and after so long. I know she is still young, but heck, so am I. The wonders of teen drama I guess. I think I may block her number and start erasing her from my life, putting away things that remind me of her and such to make getting over her easier. I know that splitting up is the right thing to do, but a good irrational part of me still doesn't want to let go and wants to fight until my dying breath for her.

I really need to work on writing more coherently on here.
    Anyways thanks for all of your guys (and gals, but I believe guys encompasses both genders) for your kind words of advice and support, this forum is awesome for that.
    Though I'm a lurker on here I'll kind of miss you guys D:

You will find the girl for you, who treats you like you should be treated!
    As for moving on, I also suggest you could write your feelings down on paper about the situation with her and Burn it. It may sound like it doesn't help but believe me, It really does help a lot. ALso for the gift she sent you, you could either give it to someone or burn/throw it away in the trash.
    *hugs*

Comment

I'm so sorry, it's never a good situation to find out that the way you feel is no longer returned. *hug* stay strong!

Comment

Things will be tough without her for awhile, but honestly the best thing to do is to distance yourself from her. If I were you, I wouldn't try being just friends with her, because that will only make you hurt more. Like you said, you should just block her number, and delete her from Skype or anything like that. Things will get better over time, and you should just focus on yourself for a while and not worry about anyone else!

Comment

Transferred universities this week which kind of sucks since I don't know anybody and have super long breaks where before I'd be texting her. On the bright side it is one less distraction from my studies which is for the better.
          I wanted closure and got it when she told me she went out on dates with him, made out with him and that she was in love. Also when her boyfriend texted me which to my surprise I found more amusing than anything else. He swore at me, told me I was a horrible person and to stop texting any of them or he'd report me to the cops lol.. I don't think the world works like that but whatever makes him feel good I guess and I was planning to stop talking to them anyways so that was that. I could have lived without knowing any of that, without knowing she was leaving me for another man but I guess that's the nature of life. Days have slowly been getting less sad, and I removed her from my contact list, and using an app, am throwing all of her texts she, or her family/new boyfriend, sends into a folder that I'm trying not to check. Time to try to fill my time with something else, it's quite hard not to get sad because so many things around me remind me of her but only time can really heal that. Just thought I'd give a conclusion to my story in case anybody was interested, I've always been one for closure and it looks like this is it. Good luck to anybody who's in a long distance relationship and hopefully you guys don't end up like I did.

Wow my life is depressing :P

Comment

In the end she is a young girl and enjoyed the attention she got from you and now the attention she gets from another man and who knows how long that will work for her.

All you did was reasonable and there was nothing wrong with it. You're still very, very young and just because you're into IT does not mean you will never find a nice girl who will appreciate you for who you are! Continue being a good man, the way you are now, and you will find someone who will make you happy.

[As a side note: both my brothers work in the IT business with few females around them and yet both of them found a nice girlfriend, it's possible. Nerds are sexy!!]

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
              In the end she is a young girl and enjoyed the attention she got from you and now the attention she gets from another man and who knows how long that will work for her.

All you did was reasonable and there was nothing wrong with it. You're still very, very young and just because you're into IT does not mean you will never find a nice girl who will appreciate you for who you are! Continue being a good man, the way you are now, and you will find someone who will make you happy.

[As a side note: both my brothers work in the IT business with few females around them and yet both of them found a nice girlfriend, it's possible. Nerds are sexy!!]

This. The nerds I went to school with are the ones who are successful in great jobs now!

Your ex sounds like she is very silly and immature and if she has an ounce of decency later in her life she'll regret treating you like that. I know it hurts like crazy, but you're taking all the right steps and time is the biggest healer. One day you'll look back on this and it will seem like it happened a thousand years ago.

You're 20 years old, you have all the time in the world. Get out there, have fun, see things, do stuff and when you're least expecting it you'll bump into someone who will appreciate you. I promise.

Comment

Working...
              X