Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your 'trigger' sad thing, and how do you make it hurt less?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sounds so lame, but during my first trip to Canada, we watched the first three seasons of Chuck within 9 days. I came home and finished the series on my own, but now anytime I see Zachary Levi or something about the show, I get sad. It has easily become one of my favorite shows, but I can't watch it without him because it just isn't the same.

Also, Caribou Coffee. The first time we ever met was at a Caribou Coffee place so lots of special memories associated with this also.

Comment

I don't think I have a specific trigger, but one that keeps coming up is that after a long, stressful day, my whole body just longs to hug him and just hold him for a while. Except I can't do it so it makes me so frustrated and sad.
      So, here you are
      too foreign for home
      too foreign for here.
      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

These days, anything, really.
        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Weekends. They're generally my trigger for sadness. I appreciate the break from the hectic environment of working days, but I don't like the idleness, it gets me down. Actually, Saturday and Sunday are my favourite days to work, I get to focus without pressure and distractions. Also, my SO tends to slip into a lethargic mood over the weekend (unless he's out and about) and it's quite frustrating.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
            These days, anything, really.
            Me too and it sucks!

Comment

Probably having to be up and awake at night without him. Sometimes I really wish I could be in front in terms of time, I get jealous that he gets to fall asleep to me every night. But then I get to wake up to him every morning and get snuggles in bed while he's at work, so I guess it goes both ways really.
              Also when he's out having fun or I am and we can't be with each other. That sucks. Just makes me wish I could be with him/he could be with me. Actually find myself avoiding social situations because it just hurts too much lately.

Comment

Working...
              X