Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who's not getting to visit SO over Christmas/holidays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
    Nope, nope, nope. This year will be the fourth year in a row that we haven't been together for the holidays (making that a total of 0 spent together).
    Maybe you'll get to spend the holidays in 2014 together ...and those after that

Comment

Not sure yet. My best friend is pregnant and due on 12/26. She hopes she'll give birth early but babies are unpredictable. She and the father aren't together anymore and her family isn't supportive so sometimes I feel like I'm all she has and would hate to not be here when the baby comes. The SO says come anyway but I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by silvermoonfairy3 View Post
        It sucks for all of us who can't see our SOs, but seriously, I'm loving the ability to hear people commiserating! It sucks but we're all in the same boat.
        I agree! It helps to know you're not alone. That someone else is having a similar struggle. I'm so thankful I found this website! The support it has given me has been a huge help!

Comment

We had talked about my going up there for Xmas. But, now finances are bad for him plus his children are coming home for Xmas for the first time in 2 years (he's so excited!) and there's not enough room for all of us. So, it will probably be Easter again for us.
          February 2012 -- met online
          August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
          April 2013 -- met in person
          June 2013 -- broke up
          July 2013 -- back together
          August 2013 -- 2nd visit
          October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
          April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

I will be in the same town, but if this year is like the last 2, I wont see my SO at all. Working as a police officer and paramedic, he will be doing tons of OT, and at time and a half, I really cant complain. I do complain about him working 50 plus straight hours, but it doesnt do any good.
            everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

I had hoped to go to my SO around the middle of December and stay 'till the first week of January, but I'm pretty sure neither of us will have the money for it (my SO had agreed to help me financially), and even if we did, I'm not allowed to go. So, I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing my SO for Christmas... :/
              "The road to success is always under construction." - Lily Tomlin

Comment

I was supposed spend Christmas with his family, but I had to cancel the plans due to the dramatic changes in my family :-/ it's disappointing, but it's also the right thing to do.
                However, there is a small chance of getting to see him for a few days in mid December, along with my brother (whom he'd never met before!). It's going to be complicated and expensive but also worth it.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Not this year ): We're saving up for the wedding in September '14. Maybe he's gonna visit me in January/February.

Comment

Aw, totally understand being bummed out by that

I'm already feeling depressed about the fact that he won't be here next year for my 21st (big birthday milestone over here)

Comment

Working...
                    X