No announcement yet.

Some days, the distance is just hard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for this lovely post! I'm having one of those days... 4 months passed, 4 months to go, but this and all the positive comments made me feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickilee View Post
      Thank you so much for this... I just got back from seeing my hunny for the weekend, and that overwhelming feeling of heartbreak is hitting me like a train.
      Ugh. Those first few days (or that first week...) always sucks. Hang in there! Hope you get to see your sweetie again soon

Comment

Currently having a whole bunch of those "It's just hard" days. Thanks for writing such an eloquent piece.
        London girl, American cowboy. "Like a western Dirty Dancing."

Comment

You hit the nail on the head! It's definitely worth it, but it is hard as hell. I've been having a few rough days lately. My SO and I are both in very time-consuming programs so our schedules are opposite. Trying to find a time that works for both of us to talk is really tough. I miss him like crazy. When he gets stressed, he pulls away. He's been plenty stressed, taking 18 credits and working 2 jobs. Some days, I question if it's worth it, but I remember how far we've made it already...almost 3 1/4 years. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, when we'll finally be together for good. I try to focus on that, as well as the fact that we're planning on getting engaged within the next few years. But days like this are just freaking hard.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Originally posted by loveknowsnodistance27 View Post
            You hit the nail on the head! It's definitely worth it, but it is hard as hell. I've been having a few rough days lately. My SO and I are both in very time-consuming programs so our schedules are opposite. Trying to find a time that works for both of us to talk is really tough. I miss him like crazy. When he gets stressed, he pulls away. He's been plenty stressed, taking 18 credits and working 2 jobs. Some days, I question if it's worth it, but I remember how far we've made it already...almost 3 1/4 years. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, when we'll finally be together for good. I try to focus on that, as well as the fact that we're planning on getting engaged within the next few years. But days like this are just freaking hard.
            I totally hear you on this one. Things have improved a little for us (I have a couple days during the week off again now) but I totally get how it feels to be on completely opposite schedules. Up until this past week, the only chance we had to Skype was when he was home from work, and by then, I was falling asleep with my headset and light on. It's funny how sometimes, everything feels easy, and everything's awesome, and then you get a stretch of days that make you question everything hang in there! Just keep remembering how amazing it feels when the two of you are together

Comment

Every word of what you said here is so so true. Very well put! This is exactly why I love this forum, everyone on here understands exactly what long distance is like because we are (or have done) all going through the same thing. And just like you said, it isn't always easy to understand what it is like if you've never expereinced it for yourself.

Thank you for writing this!

Comment

I completely agree with you
                sigpicYou had me at hello

Comment

Thank you for your words. They have helped me get through a tough moment of missing my SO.

Comment

Unfortunately I've been having those hard days everyday for like 3 months now....like you, I've also been with my SO for four years. During my junior year of college I promised myself I would move to him when I graduated. Well...I graduated, and we're still not together....and my one chance at a job there went out the window as of yesterday afternoon. I'm so lonely sometimes...I know it sounds like I'm asking for pity but I'm not lol...I went to school out of state and all of my friends went back home. All the friends I had here where I live have moved out and so it's hard to go out and get my mind off things.

Comment

That is exactly what I needed to hear right now

Comment

This is a great post! I always feel the same way. Unlike you though I'm not that talented at being polite. I've been with my bf for 2 and a half years. We see each other once a month in the summers. But the winter is very difficult we will be lucky to see each other once over the whole winter. I work at a ski slopes in the winter and all the employees are friendly and like to joke around. But they don't believe me that I even have a bf. like what? But if they do believe me, they say oh he's probably cheating on you... How do you be polite after that one?

Glad to hear I'm not on a boat by myself☺️
                        Thanks for all the support guys ❤️

Comment

The last few days have been really tough for me.
                          I started a new job which has added stress to my life. Plus school assignments out the butt.
                          I'm really hating the distance. If I wouldn't lose my job, I'd be tempted to hop on a plane and see my SO.
                          But I know that's not rational. I just miss him so much.
                          I'm not normally a crier, but I've been really emotional the last few days.
                          I just miss him

Comment

well said!!!

Comment

Svalla, you have no idea how much I just needed to read this. So close on giving up, telling myself I am no longer strong enough to keep on going long distance. At least 4 more years of distance upon us, but for now I'll try to go on. Thank you.

Comment

it is hard i was actully just going to make a post with the same topic lol

Comment

Working...
                                X