No announcement yet.

Which one is easier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like the odd one out, but honestly I didn't find long distance to be that much of a different dynamic from near-proximity. I don't find it harder to resolve a conflict long distance or short. We have more to bicker over now we're CD though, we get more of a chance to irritate each other and be subjected to each others disgusting habits.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I think long distance is harder just because it's harder to hug or kiss them to make up and feel better. Though it's more like my boyfriend and I get moody with each other.. I tend to get emotional and speak with an annoying whiny voice when I get stressed which upsets my SO... and when my SO is upset or depressed he'll withdraw and become very quiet and it'll upset me because I know he's upset about something and I want to make him feel better. When we are closed distance, the stress levels of long distance are gone, we are together all the time and can cuddle and hold each other... it happens way less. Sometimes I can still get moody or maybe say something that my boyfriend takes the wrong way, but I think it gets solved easier. Though it's hard to say. It doesn't happen that often.

Comment

I think getting in disagreements long distance is more difficult, to the extent that you cant physically reassure the person you love after the disagreement has ended. For us, we've had less than a hand full of difficult nights, and after we've talked things through, there's always this silence when we are LD, and if we were together, that silence would be when we would hug or kiss, reassure each other that everything is going to be okay. But when you are LD, you cant do that, you can tell your SO it's going okay, you can reflect on the situation later, but you cant hug them, or hold them if they are still upset, the closure just doesn't feel the same.
        But on the other hand, closed distance fights can be bad if you have two people who don't know when to walk away and decompress, or rethink things. Distance can make it a bit easier to stay objective. Though even when my SO and I have had closed distance disagreements, we end up resolving them to the best of our ability, we both know when space is needed, the only difference is we can hug each other in the end, and the closure just feels happier. So for me, long distance arguments are definitely harder.
        First Visit - June 25, 2013 - July 15, 2013 (England)
        Second Visit - December 20, 2013 - January 13, 2014 (England)
        Third Visit: (Tickets Booked!) April 12, 2014 - May 10, 2014 (US)

Comment

Working...
        X