Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do You Keep Things Interesting?

Hey guys and girls,

Pretty new here. I just wondered, how do you keep things interesting and motivating, without suffocating the other person? When you are apart.. Is everyday constant texting/talking bad? That seems weird to ask.. but you have to miss eachother right?

It's definitely good to miss each other every now and then, but every couple is different. Setting up Skype dates and going through the things to do list are some of the top advises I dare say when things are becoming dull and routine. It is hard to find things to talk about when you do nothing but talk, especially if you also text throughout the day. There's tons of questions to ask on the net as well, if you're really drained of ideas
    Welcome!
    We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Talk about what you wanna do/plan trips for the future or plan visits with each other. I think it's fun going through the details with them to see what they wanna do.

Tbh, not every needs to be all that interesting. You get used to the distance and some days you just won't need to talk all day. But it's good to have SOME communication everyday.

I agree on skype dates as above posted.

Comment

We talked lots when we were long distance. Probably more than a lot of people would deem necessary. We didn't always have a ton to talk about though. So we would just go about our daily lives while we were texting or on the phone. For example: I would be on here while talking to him. I would tell him different things going on on the board and we would talk about it. It just made us feel closer if we could hear each other on the line, even if we weren't having a full blown conversation.

Met online: 1/30/11
        Met in person: 5/30/12
        Second visit: 9/12/12
        Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

As another poster stated, every couple is different.

For us, we talk every single day, message each other whenever we can, and Skype as often as possible. We talk from anywhere from 2-4 hours a day, and I love of minute of it.
          We were inseparable when together though too, so none of this is surprising for us.

What we talk about? I honestly can't pin in on any one thing! I honestly told him just today that the fact we can talk for 4 hours straight and STILL hate getting off the phone is crazy! We talk about everything, plans, the future, people, life, dreams, news... we just talk, exactly how we would when we were home together.

We miss each other so much even with all the constant contact. We loved our little life together when he was home, we miss cooking together, doing laundry, our little bath tub talks, and massaging one another's feetsies while watching a movie after a long day.

Comment

We do talk every day, but some days more than others. It all depends on if we're busy or how the network is that day.
            Don't feel pressured to have a deep conversation all the time. It's easier at the beginning I guess, but don't worry when you don't have anything "interesting" to say. A lot of the time we'll just talk about our day or play a game together. It makes us feel part of each others lives.
            On staying motivated, I agree with kikidee. Try to plan visits and fun things you can do together.

Comment

Working...
            X