when did you say I love you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when did you say I love you?

For those of you who are/ have been in a relationship before you meet in person, how long did it take before one of you said I love you? Some people believe in love at first sight, do you believe one can fall in love quickly by learning about them online?

My husband said he loved me two weeks after meeting online. I thought he was nuts. I didn't say I love you until we had met physically about 5 months later. I do think you can fall in love solely by learning online...the physical chemistry is another thing that would add to that love (or take away I suppose). But I relied on our communication chemistry first.

Met: November 19, 2010
    Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
    Made it official: April 29, 2011
    Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
    Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
    Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
    K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
    Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
    Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

We met july 2011 and spent 10 days together and another 7 days in oktober. After that we kept in touch for a while but we were not bf-gf.
      Feb 2013 I had an internship in his country, we spoke on day one and became bf-gf he said it in the beginning of March.

And no, I believe love at first sight is non sense. that means you are attracted to someones looks. Love is more than that.
      Last edited by SJ22; October 17, 2013, 03:05 PM.
      "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

He told me he loved me two months after meeting online and since then not a day has passed that he hasn't told me at least 5x a day lol. I think you can fall in love faster online because you really get to know their personality.

Comment

We didn't actually say it to each other til about 6 months in, but one night pretty early on when we were skyping, I got the distinct impression he wanted to. We talked about it a month or so ago and yeah, he knew really early on that he loved me. I knew pretty early as well, but I had originally been hoping to say it to him for the first time in person, but things haven't lined up yet financially with us visiting, and we just kinda had to get it out there.

I think you can definitely get to know someone on much different levels when it's LD like this, even though I'm so ready to be done with it and be close, lol.

Comment

We didn't say it until we met in person for a 3 month visit and it was only 2 weeks before he was due to leave. I wanted to make sure that when I said it, I truly meant it with every fibre of my being. I wanted to say it to him before we met, but I now know that meeting in person is a whole other ball game so I'm glad I didn't.

Comment

I think love at first sight could both mean you either fell in love with what the person looks like, but also what you saw of that person. If that is true my man fell in love with me at first sight - first sight of me on the zombie panic server and how I acted around people online that is
              He told me he loved me before we were a couple, because it was a make or break point since I was still in another (unhappy) relationship. I told him the next day, because I knew I needed him in my life

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

B told me he loved me after 6 months of meeting online. I was so surprised! I knew he cared about me a lot but when he said those words I about fell over! Of course, I said them back as I'd felt that way for a couple months by then.
                February 2012 -- met online
                August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                April 2013 -- met in person
                June 2013 -- broke up
                July 2013 -- back together
                August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

My SO is an extremely passionate guy. His emotions are more like burning lava whereas mine are more like room temperature most of the time. He said I love you first, of course, and it was only about 2-3 months after we started becoming close.

Comment

we would say we loved each other while talking online, but it didn't feel real until we finally said it in person. His first day here visiting me he said it to me

Comment

He said he loved me I think a few months after we met online. I was really not expecting him to say it. He had already said he had feelings for me and I felt the same but it still came out of nowhere. Up until that point, I still didn't believe he was serious. And I didn't know until he said it that I loved him too. I hadn't given it any thought because like I said, I didn't think it would be going anywhere. But when he said it, I said it back and I meant it

Met online: 1/30/11
                      Met in person: 5/30/12
                      Second visit: 9/12/12
                      Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

He said i love you first, about 3-5 months after we confessed feelings. I said it a few weeks after we became official because it felt like we had already been together and we stopped looking for other people long before we became an "item". We say it multiple times everyday

Comment

The first time?
                          I accidentally blurted it out over a game of Uno after we had been together for only a month. That awkward moment where you both know you said it but you both continue on like you didn't? Yeah... THAT happened.

The real time we said it was after 4 months, we were in bed and he hadn't said it and I was freaking out. One night, while PMSing, I started crying because I was afraid he would never love me.
                          In all honesty, I knew he did, I just couldn't figure out what was keeping him from saying it.
                          In that moment, he told me he had loved me for a very long time, but wanted the moment to be perfect. That he doesn't believe in saying it until 100% sure and a piece of him was scared of loving me so much. It was the happiest moment of my life, and it definitely wasn't the way I had hoped it would happen, but it was real, and that alone made it perfect.

I believe in instant connections, and I do think I loved him when I blurted it out that day, but I think in order to truly love someone, you need to truly know them. After spending day in and day out, and living together from date #1, I had no doubt in my mind that he was the one by the time we said those words to each other.

I don't believe in love at first sight, but I can say with my whole heart that the MOMENT I saw him standing there in line at Starbucks, I knew I needed him in my life. The chemistry was there from the moment we met, he felt it, I felt it... it was as if we were meant to be and something inside of us knew it.
                          Last edited by miss_jaclynrae; October 18, 2013, 01:31 AM.

Comment

The first time he told me he loved me as a week or so after we started dating-- it wasn't directly "I love you" though. In a text message he told me about how happy he is when he talks to me, and how he didn't want to seem clingy, but he's "never loved someone before", I quote in his words. I was so happy I can't remember if I said 'I love you too" after that, but we started saying "I love you" regularly after a 4-5 days after that incident.

(it was also amazing hearing him say on Skype 'I love you' for the first time <33)

Comment

I said "I love you" on our second date, and he said it back. We were sitting in his apartment drinking wine and Andrea Bocelli was crooning on his speakers, and it was something I just couldn't hold back anymore, so I said, "I know this sounds crazy, but are you feeling what I'm feeling right now?" And he was like, "Yeah, I think I am," so I said, "I love you...yeah, I love you!" And he said it back and we kissed and it was marvelous.

When I look back on that moment almost two years later, I think (personally) I did the "love process" backwards. I knew from the moment I met Stephen that he was unlike anyone I had ever met, and that I felt more like myself with him than I did with anyone ever before. It was like...I don't know, it was like I was interacting with an extension of my soul, if that makes sense. We were just natural with each other from the first moment, and I knew I loved him from almost that first moment, but I fell in love with him as time progressed.

The way I see my life now (our lives now?), there's B.S. and A.S.--Before Stephen and After Stephen. I didn't hold back when I met him, and I'm so glad I gave all of myself to him from the first moment we met.
                              "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Working...
                              X