Are you Facebook official?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you Facebook official?

Okay, I admit. This is a little petty and stupid. But I just want to know if you and your SOs are Facebook official.

Because we're not. He doesn't even put there that he's in a relationship. I put I'm in a relationship in mine but it's not linked to his because as much as Facebook is concerned, he's single. >

He says Facebook is stupid. And he barely updates his profile. But he still goes on there and comments on other people's stuff and whatnot. I guess I just want him to let the world know (even the Facebook world) that he's with me. But I'm kind of embarrassed to tell him that because I really do know it's stupid. xD

So yeah. What about you? All of you probably are since most of you've met and stuff.

My girl and I aren't "facebook official" yet. It's more of a mutual decision, actually. We'll do that when the time is right for us. Right now, we are only allowing certain groups of people to learn about our relationship, and that's basically enough for now.

Comment

We are now, because we're old and met and married and shit. But, there was four long years where he wouldn't even date me because we hadn't met, never mind telling people about us on facebook. Only a handful of people knew I meant anything to him before I made that first trip, and it was incredibly frustrating for me because I'd loved him for years, and though he loved me back he was too realistic to believe that it meant we necessarily would end up together. We were both afraid of being hurt and being laughed at. And some people do laugh - lots of people don't understand how you can have a relationship with someone you've never met.
      It will come in it's own time. If it really means a lot to you, talk to him about it. There should never be anything you can't talk to your SO about! But really if the time's not right, that's ok too. The best things are worth waiting for.
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Well my man is probably just like yours. He doesn't use facebook very often. He got it to be able to talk to his boss, since he has no phone.
        So when I added him it took him several months to add me as a friend and when I changed it to being in a relationship with him it took him many more months to accept that. But I never mentioned it to him, because I figured it's petty to be upset about it, I just waited until he noticed :P

You should probably just give him some time or if it is really bugging you, you can always talk about it to your SO - you might even find out why he hasn't, maybe it's as simple as he hasn't seen it, or he misclicked and can't find it now (happened to my man, he misclicked and I had to send it again!). Especially if he's not on facebook much!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

We are not. Because he doesn't have Facebook.

Comment

We are, but for longest time we just didn't bother with it...in fact when we approached the subject it was more a conversation like "Should we just do this? I mean it doesn't really matter, but hey since we're both on here, might as well just move over the relationship status" tbh, we've both tailored the privacy so that only family and very close friends can see our relationship statuses. So it's not like it's public anyway ^_^"
            Last edited by NerdyChick; October 19, 2013, 07:32 AM.
            First Visit - June 25, 2013 - July 15, 2013 (England)
            Second Visit - December 20, 2013 - January 13, 2014 (England)
            Third Visit: (Tickets Booked!) April 12, 2014 - May 10, 2014 (US)

Comment

No. I think its not necessary.
              The people who are close to me and I care about know I'm with him and I don't care about the rest.
              Also I hate all the noseyness from people when maybe someday it says 'SJ is no longer in a relationship' or whatever facebook makes of it.
              "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

We are, just because. There's no deeper meaning why we are other than I joked after we got together and said well we might as well make it FB official so we did. He's not on very often and rarely posts so it wouldn't make much of a difference if we were or not to me.

Comment

Only I have a facebok and I have info about being in relationship.

If he had facebook we would be official.
                  “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
                  ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
                  Closed the distance >21.03.2015
                  sigpic

Comment

On one of my accounts (i have 2 accounts, human and furry)
                    My relationship is official and shown on my furry account but on my human one its under settings where only specific people may see it :3
                    sigpicYou had me at hello

Comment

My boyfriend and I started dating in December, but as far as facebook was concerned we were single until like... end of April. It wasn't really a big deal to me until I found out he was leaving, I guess? But even then it wasn't actually a 'big deal'. He had posted a picture I'd drawn for him as his cover page, and I kind of just decided "Okay, so he's open about our relationship, let's go ahead and change this." But I agree with Zephii, there shouldn't be anything you can't talk about to your SO, if you find that it's important to you, say something. What's the worst that could happen?
                      started dating: 12/08/12
                      "i love you": 04/12/13
                      el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
                      montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
                      el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
                      montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
                      el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
                      el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
                      el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
                      san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
                      san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

We are.
                        I remember in the beginning of our LDR, I was unsure about what exactly my SO meant when he said, "I want to try and see if this works." I didn't know if he meant we were exclusive, or if he just wanted to try to maintain contact, or what... And I didn't want to sound stupid for not knowing, haha. So I semi-jokingly asked him if that means we could be FB official. When he said yes, that pretty much cleared up the vagueness for me.

Comment

Yep I changed mine about 3 months after the "Are we exclusive?" talk, then my SO connected his profile to mine about a day later. It stopped the crazy girl "friend" from harassing us both so it was a good move for our relationship lol

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

My boyfriend has had a Facebook since Facebook was in beta - but he very rarely uses it. I was his friend on there for a while, but after he broke up with his ex he deactivated his profile because he didn't want to deal with all the drama from her friends. When we started dating I just hid my relationship status from view (so that it didn't show anything). I asked him if it was OK to put up pictures of us in order to respect his privacy.

Around April of this year (we started dating in November 2012) I decided to become officially "in a relationship" on Facebook and made that visible to everyone. I let him know, and he surprised me and reactivated his Facebook account so that we could be linked on there. He still never logs on Facebook but his name is there
                            So, here you are
                            too foreign for home
                            too foreign for here.
                            Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

I'm in the same boat... sort of. I put it on mine, but he's still "single" on his profile. all because he doesn't want to tell his mother... she's knows about me, just not that we're in an actual relationship. I was okay with it at first. he keeps saying "eventually" and "when the time is right" well, we've been together for almost six months ._. when will the time be right...? when it's not long distance anymore. It is a little annoying, but what are you going to do?

Comment

Working...
                              X