No announcement yet.

Are you Facebook official?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, because we work together and we keep our relationship separate from the workplace, and don't need anyone stumbling on that. That and my guy might check FB once a year.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

No, and probably never will-- we just have never felt the need. Plus its kinda a mess if something were to happen and we break up, and the relationship status change is shown on peoples' newsfeed. You get messages like "omg what happened" "is something wrong" "are you really single"

Comment

We are not and I am glad to see that many couples here think the same as me and my boyfriend!!! I too (and him too) think that Facebook is a useful tool if used right, but if you exaggerate it would just not be good for your life. We both think that it*s a wast of your time to spend many hours on facebook.
        I don*t feel the need to share my life with all my "friends" on facebook.

Comment

Lets see if I remember this right. In the beginning before we met he hadn't even added me, but we didn't use FB to chat, and he hardly posts things or anything. After we met in person we were FB friends, but not in a relationship yet. His family all knew about me except his grandparents, and they were worried that this would upset them. But! A month after, he surprised me and changed his status to in a relationship. Made my day. Had to go and find the blog I wrote lol Since then we've been switched from in a relationship to engaged! Yeah maybe the whole FB thing is silly, but I love that, im connected to him online too :P
          I love you Nathan <3
          sigpic
          5/25/09 <3

Comment

We aren't because neither of us has facebooks, well I have one its just I don't use it.
            https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
            Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

He hasn't had a Facebook page since 2008 (ex drama) but I'm listed as being in a relationship. It was a decision that we made and it was only one that was made after we met in person. Though neither of us minded the fact that we met online and felt something deeply for each other from that, we waited because he didn't believe we'd actually meet and I knew my family would freak out.

Comment

He's not on Facebook so not in that way, but on mine I have that I am in a relationship. All that need to know whom I am in a relationship, know

Comment

no we're not. We post pictures together but because he is still in the process of getting divorced we're avoiding any clear evidence for being in a relationship because his wife is crazy and even though they have been separated for over a year you never know...

Comment

We are Facebook official, but it didn't happen the day we got together.
                    It took some time to get used to the idea of us and the thought of letting others know about us kind of freaked me out.
                    We held off on it for a couple months at least. Even then, when we became "Facebook official," I didn't really like to talk to my friends about how we met as I still found it a little awkward.
                    But now, after two years, I say it loud and proud and I'll tell anyone who asks.
                    [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                    became official: 28.03.11
                    first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                    second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                    our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                    third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                    fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                    surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                    viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                    jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                    my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

he hardly uses facebook but he is listed as being in a relationship. What's more significant for me is that I have his mom on there so I have to be good!

Comment

My boyfriend and I used facebook to talk early on in our friendship after meeting online. We have our accounts linked as "in a relationship." We did this nearly a year after we met online and about a couple months before we met in person. It was good for us because it really cemented the fact that he wanted to be in a relationship with me and was okay with it on his profile. I don't think having it displayed on the page is a big deal especially if one half or both people don't use facebook much, but I like having it there, I can look at my profile and see "In a relationship with HIM" and one day I can change it to engaged and married but that's just the little things. I stay far away from the drama side of facebook though, I don't have those people on my facebook anymore, and no one really bothers to cause drama directly with me anyways, I'm too boring. lol

Comment

We didn't become Facebook official until months after we got together.
                          He never uses his, and the only reason why he started using his now is because of him being abroad.

Comment

We weren't for a really long time, even after having lived with each other for a year or so. Mostly because I was in a fake facebook relationship with one of my friends from high school. My SO finally told me he wanted me to change it so I did. And actually, my friend got mad for me "breaking up" with her. It was weird.

Comment

Nope and neither of us plan too.

Comment

My SO didn't have facebook for a really long time.. I think it was about a year into our relationship before I convinced him to get it (so he could look at my facebook albums of our trips/download the photos he wanted and stuff)

Once he got facebook we changed our relationship status straight away. We also changed to 'engaged' about 2 weeks after getting engaged - once we had told close family/friends in person or on the phone. When we got married we also waited over a week to change our relationship status to 'married'.
                                Met Online: February 2009
                                Feelings grew: January 2011
                                First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                                Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                                Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                                Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                                Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                                Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                                Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                                Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                                Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                                Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                                Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                                Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                                Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                                Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X