Leap of faith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leap of faith

My boyfriend and I were long distance for about a year, I was supposed to leave back to New Hampshire in December but my so mentioned me moving in permanently.

I thought about it, I hate living in New Hampshire..my mother is abusive and it has nothing I want or need for my future.

Florida has everything I want and need, my boyfriend, better college, better job opportunities. The best part is I will finally be happy. I have not told my mother yet but I will.

I am very happy to have such an amazing boyfriend, he means so much to me

The distance is over though and don't worry if we do not work out I have a safety net..my mother x) Goodluck to everyone and I will still go on here so yay.

That's exciting! Congrats! Wish you and your SO the best.

Comment

sounds like a no brainer congrats!

Comment

Congratulations, I hope everything works out

Comment

Congrats! I've been considering that leap forever it seems but I am afraid of all the "What if's" involved... One of these days I think I'll do it, but IDK when

Comment

My SO and I are hoping to close the distance next December. There are big things we still have to figure out. I'm excited, ready and a little nervous to take the leap of faith too. <3

Comment

That's great news! Sometimes you just have to find what makes YOU happy and just go for it!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
              Married April 18th, 2015!!
              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I wish the two of you the best of luck

Comment

congrats and best of luck with college and all your business! glad for your good news

Comment

Thank you everyone, it's really awesome. It still feels like I am leaving when I am not x)

Comment

Congrats to the both of you!! I wish you both all of the happiness in the world!
                      sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachelm920 View Post
                        Congrats! I've been considering that leap forever it seems but I am afraid of all the "What if's" involved... One of these days I think I'll do it, but IDK when
                        yeah..I know what you mean. I am still actually going through some "what ifs" since it happened so quickly but if you are happy together then sometimes you have to risk it..it's better then not trying and regretting everything. Then at least you know you tried.

Comment

Sorry to be a bit of a downer but aren't you worried that your back-up plan is the mother you say to be abusive? How reliable of a back-up plan is that?

I really hope it all works out for you (I really do!), as someone who moved 10,000 miles for a guy and then have it not work out, I know the importance of a solid back up plan. I managed to pull through without a solid support system here but it's rough.
                          So, here you are
                          too foreign for home
                          too foreign for here.
                          Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

I hope it all works out for you! Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ejoriah View Post
                              Sorry to be a bit of a downer but aren't you worried that your back-up plan is the mother you say to be abusive? How reliable of a back-up plan is that?

I really hope it all works out for you (I really do!), as someone who moved 10,000 miles for a guy and then have it not work out, I know the importance of a solid back up plan. I managed to pull through without a solid support system here but it's rough.
                              Yeah, well even if I did decide to go I would be leaving back to my mother,either way that would be my only choice unless I wanted to stay with my gram. I am worried about it all as well, I know some of my family would let me stay with them.

Although I do know Michael would never kick me out if we break up and his parents are good people, I mean if I get closer to my friends here they could even me a temporary backup plan. Everything should be fine.

I'm sorry about what happened to you, that must be hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X