Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itsjen516 View Post
    I love that it's like those things that are just ment to be
    That's exactly how I feel! I guess I'm not the only sentimental sap lol.

Comment

i love reading all this

Comment

I'll tell the day we met in person So it was my first time EVER leaving the country and I was doing it to meet some guy that I had only been talking to for three months! When we had conversations over Skype he would throw in "So when are you coming to visit?" and I would laugh it off and say "When you buy me a ticket!" This went on for a while until the day came when we actually looked at plane tickets. They were cheap and he threw in, "Is now a good time?" I admit I was taken aback. I had no idea what to say and I knew that this was going to be an opportunity of a lifetime to see Sydney. I said "sure, why not?" He bought the tickets and then in the next few weeks I had to hurry and put a rush on my passport and get my visa. He was living with his parents at the time and they decided it was a good idea to offer me his bedroom while he slept on the couch. He was not having this! He figured we needed our own place. This would have set off flags in someone else, I'm sure. "Hey, let's get away from people and I'll lure you to my apartment where we can be alone." Yeah, wouldn't fly with most people but I trusted him. In the weeks while I was getting ready he scoped out apartments and settled upon one. He bought it and moved his stuff in. We also needed to have our own place because his parents are extremely religious and didn't want him shacking up with some random girl he met on the internet. He elaborately told them that for three weeks I'd be staying in the motel down the street from him which only worked because his parents didn't offer to come see me in my "motel room." I don't know why they bought the fact that I'd be staying in a room by myself for three whole weeks...I guess they just turned a blind eye to it

Okay, so that's the lead up to. When my plane finally arrived in Sydney I was a wreck. My hair was frazzled, I had bigger bags under my eyes than my luggage, and my lips were chapped. I was not happy when customs decided to randomly stop me because I allegedly did not have enough luggage to be staying for three weeks. I got the wand over my bag to check for drugs and got twenty questions from the officer about who I knew in Sydney and where I'd be staying, etc. This did NOT help my mood. After I was deemed to be telling the truth he sent me on my way. I got a text from my boyfriend asking where I was because he was out in the front waiting for me and I was starting to get nervous. I headed to the nearest bathroom and primped and prettied myself as best as I could which took another 15 minutes. He had apparently been waiting for me for two hours BEFORE my plane even arrived so my holdup in customs and my bathroom break made him all the more anxious.

I came out and went towards the front of the airport in search of a tall, lanky blue eyed boy and couldn't find him anywhere. Frustrated I sat down and began to text him. Up comes this handsome, adorable, tall blue eyed beauty and I smiled so big it felt like hangers were holding my mouth open. We hugged and he was so shy He barely said a word when we met just, "I brought you some trail mix." He made me some trail mix because I went on and on about how much I loved it and wanted to have a snack after the flight. He held my hand to the car while carrying my bags. We stopped at Krispy Kreme to get an entire box of donuts. Krispy Kreme shut down in my town so I was so excited to have a taste of them again! I was ecstatic to be in Sydney! It looked so different to my small town! He then said to me, "Let's go home," and held my hand in the car the whole way.

Plus he goes on to this day about how long I made him wait in that airport. I'm like it wasn't my fault!

Comment

So nice to read all you lovely cute stories!

I met my boyfriend in Portugal. We both live in the Netherlands, and after our graduation we went on a holiday to Portugal with friends. On the 5th evening, me and my 2 best friends were at a boring beachparty and my friend said to my other friend: I dare you to go and sit with those boys. We thought she wouldn't do it, but she did. After a few minutes, we walked to my friend and those boys and there was only one spot to sit left. I looked to the guy i was sitting next to and i fell in love ^^ He was very nervous though but at the end of the night we kissed The day after that kiss, we went to a poolparty and he was there too! That same evening, we had the most perfect date, we walked on the beach and we went for dinner at a very romantic place. Unfortunatly he lives 3.5 hours away from me. But we're still going strong

Comment

From Feb. 2011 till Feb. 2012 I was studying at the University of Southern Denmark in Odense as a guest student. I was in a relationship when I was leaving to DK, but it ended after like three months. In June 2011 I finished the first semester and was packing for summer at home. My birthday is on 26th of June and I was supposed to go out with a friend of mine, still in DK. But on 25th he just changed the plans. So there I was, sitting alone in my dorm room, not exactly happy. Out of nothing, I got this idea to go to the local bar, wait till midnight, drink to my birthday and go to bed. I dressed up and went out. In front of the bar I met a friend and we talked for a while. I noticed he was not alone there, but with some other guy, who I have never seen before, but for some reason could not look at without smiling silly and blushing. Well, I played cool and went in the bar, sat there, had a beer and just tried to breathe and clean my thoughts. After a while, my friend and the other guy came in as well and sat next to me. We were introduced and said Hi, but it was it. Then suddenly R. turned to me and asked how I was. I just could not believe he is really talking to me! However, I got over the first shock and we kept talking, and somewhere in the middle of night I realized this might be the one I was dreaming about my whole life. I could not care less about his age or country he lives in, I just knew this was HIM! The ultimate birthday gift When they kicked us out of the bar eventually, he walked me to my dorm room and kissed me good night Next day he texted me if he can see me again. We were again talking to late night and before walking me back to dorm, he borrowed me his favorite book, because we talked about it the other night and I did not know it. I said I would love to read it, but I was leaving home two days later and he responded, that “at least I will have some reminder of him during summer and there will be a reason for us to meet when I come back” (he can be so sweet when he wants). The next day he left for his brother´s wedding and I left in two days home. We added each other on FB, but for about two weeks did not really talked much. Then suddenly he posted the music video called More than anyone by Gavin DeGraw on his wall with comment “you know who you are”  From that day we started to chat much more and getting to know each other. We found out we have very similar history and that we like each other a LOT. At the end of summer we would chat every night for 5 hours! Then the August came and I was coming back to DK. He promised to wait for me at the train station to drive me back to dorm, but I was still so nervous I almost puked When I got off the train I could not see him first and my heart almost broke, but then I saw him, standing there with the biggest smile and with a red rose. He ran towards me, hugged and kissed me …. And from that day we talk about us being couple

People usually say it sounds like a cheap romantic movie, but I promise that is how it happened

Comment

Me and my SO met online on a gaming website, GaiaOnline. We were both into RPs at the time, and I had asked him if he was interested in starting one with me. Turns out there was a whole miscommunication, and we had back and forth laughs about it. Before we knew, it had turned into a friendship. We'd send a message, eh, once a day or two. Soon enough, we discovered that we had interests and similarities not far from each other.

For about a year or so, we became quite good friends. Looking back, I laugh at how young I was and am baffled by his interest in me at all. But about a year in a half or so in, he started to pursue me. I wondered as much, but it all was just a hunch. Soon enough the day came by where he came out with his feelings point blank.

I myself was speechless. But I humored him, myself, and expressed my feelings as well. Quickly we became much, much closer. We began sharing our deepest feelings, our past.

Through the relationship as a whole, we have become best friends. We've been together during hard times, tough nights alone.

Three, four-ish years later and we're still going strong. If all goes well, we'll be able to meet about a month from now; start a possible future in six.

Comment

Originally posted by her View Post
                Me and my SO met online on a gaming website, GaiaOnline. We were both into RPs at the time, and I had asked him if he was interested in starting one with me. Turns out there was a whole miscommunication, and we had back and forth laughs about it. Before we knew, it had turned into a friendship. We'd send a message, eh, once a day or two. Soon enough, we discovered that we had interests and similarities not far from each other.

For about a year or so, we became quite good friends. Looking back, I laugh at how young I was and am baffled by his interest in me at all. But about a year in a half or so in, he started to pursue me. I wondered as much, but it all was just a hunch. Soon enough the day came by where he came out with his feelings point blank.

I myself was speechless. But I humored him, myself, and expressed my feelings as well. Quickly we became much, much closer. We began sharing our deepest feelings, our past.

Through the relationship as a whole, we have become best friends. We've been together during hard times, tough nights alone.

Three, four-ish years later and we're still going strong. If all goes well, we'll be able to meet about a month from now; start a possible future in six.
                4 years and you never met OMG how do you do that ! That would make me so sad

Comment

My boyfriend and I met earlier last summer on an online multiplayer game. I started a group on there (sort of like a guild) after my previous one fell apart from silly drama. I was in the main chatrooms trying to find members and advertising the group a bit when he said that he was interested in joining. So, I sent him some private chats and he eventually joined. He almost left the next day, but we started talking and became friends. (At this point, I didn't think he was much different than the dozens of other people I'd done the same thing with. ) We continued to be friends for several months. Eventually, he became one of the leaders of the group. There was some trouble...some harsh words, and I kicked him out of the group at one point...but we started to realize that not only were we still friends, but there were some other feelings there too.

One day, while I was talking to him privately, he said something I agreed with and I blurted out, "I love you". I'm not sure why I said that instead of "I agree" or "you're great", but that's what happened. We pretended it was nothing for a while. Eventually, we had an honest conversation, and we admitted that we liked each other. A lot. In "that way". So, we spent more time talking, and we realized that we had a real connection. We had very similar views on a lot of things in life, and we both felt that we really understood each other. I think that's when we both fell in love.

We like to think about how crazy it is that we met in the first place. I mean, at least a dozen different things had to work out in the specific way they did for us to have ever met, much less become friends and fall in love. Thank goodness for online games.

So, we've officially been together for 1 1/2 months now. Hoping that we're together for a long time to come.

---------------(♥)---------------

Comment

Working...
                  X