Confusion about my SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confusion about my SO

My SO and I met online on a Christian dating website and have been in an LDR for over a month. The first 2 1/2 weeks, we would text throughout the day every day, especially after he gets off work. Then our conversations declined and I only got 3 to 5 texts from him a day. He said I am not receiving some of his text messages. Well, I'm not sure if he is getting all of my messages. He said he isn't mad at me and that he was tired one night after work after not hearing from him almost at day. He said still misses me and loves me. I've tried asking him to email me or if we can instant message or skype or something other than text. But he never answered that question) doesn't respond to any of my emails. Neither on the site where we met nor his personal email. He did give me his email address. Then, a few weeks ago, he didn't text me for a week. He talked to me for 3 days but never said where he was or why he wasn't texting me or anything, even when I asked. I tried to tell him and explain to him that I get sad and frustrated when I don't get to talk to him at all. I don't know if he understood because he just said oh. He is a busy guy with work and very intense school for 12 to 14 weeks (becoming a state trooper). And I understand that. Now, I haven't heard from him in 2 weeks at all I don't know if he is ignoring/avoiding me or he has phone issues or if he is not allowed to have his phone on in school or what. We're only 2 hours away so the time is the same.I am worried, scared, confused, frustrated, and missing him too much. I don't want to lose him although we just began this journey of our relationship. Did I somehow scare him away? Am I texting him too much even when he doesn't answer? I have been texting him almost every day. Should I back off some?
    I use Google Voice on my computer to text. Because of my Muscular Dystrophy, my speech is not clear. Most people don't understand what I say verbally. I would call my SO if I knew how good and patient he would be at trying to figure out what I'm telling him.

Has anyone been in a situation like this? Any advice would be appreciated.

Major red flag, forget him and move on.
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Of course I dont know him and all of your situation but it seems like its more comming from your side and not a whole lot from his...
      He should do a little more effort
      "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

Reading your text got me thinking (like Black_Halloween said) red flag.
        Have you heard of catfish?
        Have you seen his pictures?
        If the whole relationship is just based on text messages, I would be worried.
        He may not even be what he says he is.
        Get him to Skype you and if he doesn't, call it quits!
        (Freaks can appear even on christian dating sites).

Comment

I second Ahava. Being busy isn't an excuse. I'm in school and have a demanding job but I always make time for my SO.
          Sometimes we FaceTime at night when I'm doing homework and it's good just to be able to see him there.
          Ask him about Skype. Just texting isn't gonna cut it. If he keeps making excuses, I'd be straight up and ask him what's going on.
          He's not being fair to you. Not talking to you for a week or 2 isn't called for.

Comment

Agreed. Seems to me like he's trying to slowly phase himself out so as maybe not to hurt your feelings...
            Perhaps you could try laying off on all the communication efforts and see if it makes him reach out to you instead. Then at least you'll know he's still interested. I don't know how much I'd push him to communicate though if he isn't taking you seriously...when men feel like they're backed into a corner most of the time they'll choose the easy way out.

My SO is in an intense program and literally does not stop working all day, but he still makes time for me even if it means we're both on skype but put ourselves on mute so he can concentrate. It still makes it feel like he's here.

Comment

He hasn't contacted you at all in 2 weeks? Sorry hon, but I think that's your sign right there. That would not work with me at all. I know you're probably hopeful, but you've tried and he obviously hasn't at all. When you love someone, even if you're stupid busy, you make time during your day to contact your partner. Even if its one little text or email. Sorry this is happening. *hugs*

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
              Married April 18th, 2015!!
              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Even if he is busy that is not an exuse to not answer you i would forget him if I were you. Like with my SO even when he went to china he made en effort to try and talk to me even if it was only 3 text or so and we had a 13 hour time difference. There is no exuse at all and I would really move on if I were you. A relationship should not make you fustrated at all it should make you happy and it dosnt seem like that's what it is with what you said

Comment

The only thing I ever learned from a chick flick is that if a guy wants to contact you and talk to you, he'll find a way.
                  "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

Originally posted by SJ22 View Post
                    The only thing I ever learned from a chick flick is that if a guy wants to contact you and talk to you, he'll find a way.
                    ....was that from "He's just not that into you"?

Comment

Your relationship is very new. He hasn't talked to you in two weeks. I think he's wanting to cut ties with you without actually having to tell you he's not interested anymore. Let him go, stop texting him and find someone that actually wants to be with you.

Met Online: 02/2012
                      Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
                      First Met in person: 09/22/2012
                      Started Dating: 10/30/2012
                      Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

I'm sorry, but if he was truly interested in getting to know you, he'd make an effort to contact you.

Comment

I must agree with everyone. If a guy really likes you and wants to get to know you, he will find a way to message you regardless of what's going on. He definitely would not go two entire weeks without sending you some sort of text or email. I'm sorry, but I would say call it quits.
                          sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

Never watched catfish.
                            Yes, I have pictures of him.
                            The first 3 weeks he mostly initiated contact. I think when I asked him at the last minute about meeting and going to the state fair, he got scared and wasn't quite ready to meet me in person at the last minute. After that Saturday, he still talked to me but a little less. But when I did not text him for 2 days, he texted me the next night. I didn't get on my computer until late that night so I got his message late. Him being busy is not his excuse. He never said that. I said that because I know he is busy. I asked if we're breaking up. no answer. He is a very laid back, always happy guy. kind of quiet. But I don't think he would just disappear on me, come back and text me for a few days, and disappear again and maybe come again.
                            Last edited by mikesgal2013; November 20, 2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

I agree with what everyone else is saying-if a person wants to get to know you and is into you, they will do WHATEVER it takes to do so, despite how busy they may be. If he is not willing to put forth the effort to get to know you and be with you, then it is probably best to cut your losses and move on.

Comment

Working...
                              X