Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahaha yeah Zephii
    They definately need a break
    It is just so frustrating to live like this... I guess we were just thinking in alternatives and this came up, but he was kinda serious when he said it, which got me thinking...
    Well, Tami is right. It is immature of us and we need to get our own lives, but it has been a little too hard on us because he is making money basically for surviving and I am still at med school and with my crazy schedule I can't get a job yet.
    I'll only get my diploma in 2 years and then we're hopefully going to close the distance here in Brazil. But we'll still have a problem which is getting a job for him since he doesn't speak portuguese. We thought about going to a english speaking country to solve this little issue, but it sounds too hard to be done. Especially because there is this whole process for validating foreign medical diplomas and there are people that spend a lot of time and money to manage to work as doctors in the country they chose. Some even give up... Honestly, it is comming to a point where I no longer know what to expect from the future and what to fight for. I am here just watching time pass by and trying to find a solution...
    If any of you were in this situation, how would you deal with it?

Comment

I'm not really in your exact situation, as I am a few years younger and am only just starting school, as well as my SO and I were close distance for about 8 months or so before he moved away, but I can see a few similarities to what you may be dealing with.

I'm planning to go to school where my SO lives next year, in order to close the distance for a few years (even if temporarily) and we will be living with his parents. My SO will have just turned 19 at this point, and I will have just turned 18. Although we're working on saving up a little bit of money during this time, we won't have nearly enough to get our own place, nor do I think the income we will be getting will allow us to do so. Although it's possible that two college students on part time jobs could do that, his parents have been very gracious to allow us to stay with them until we are stable enough to move out. I don't think there's anything really wrong with living with living with your parents while you try to get on your feet, as long as you have a plan as to when and how you are moving out. For example, by the time we get to university (which would be 2 years after moving there) I would hope we have our own place (i.e. renting a place with roomates or something).

We have also faced the issue of language. He can't move here and go to school because my province is predominately french-speaking, and he would need to speak french to get a job here (he's uncomfortable with living in my parents home without a job, and having me be the working one). It'll be a lot easier for me to get a job where he lives, even with a lot of the population speaking spanish. Eventually we'd move to a more english-speaking place (either in the US or Canada) so that we can both work comfortably. It might be a difficult process, but if it makes things easier for you, then why not give it a try?

As for getting married and moving in and all that before having even met, I wouldn't say that's a good idea. I think you really need to be able to spend time with each other before hand and get to know how the other is in person. A lot can hide behind a computer screen. Although in some cases it's possible, it's better to be safe than sorry. Also, being married under your parents roof might take a toll on your relationship. I say it's better to be independent and stable before throwing yourself into that big of a commitment.

Sorry if this was long and rambly. I hope it helped, though and feel free to send me a message if there's anything you want me to clarify :P Best of luck to you both!
      started dating: 12/08/12
      "i love you": 04/12/13
      el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
      montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
      el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
      montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
      el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
      el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
      el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
      san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
      san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment