Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodbye to the relationship I've been nurturing for almost three years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so sorry, Secrecy. That's a shitty way of ending a relationship. I hope you can get some closure and peace. Stay strong
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Against people's better judgment, I decided to text him asking if we could talk, because I knew that he said he had nothing more to say, but I did. He ended up texting me back saying that he will tonight, and that, "Thank you for texting me when you did, and I'm sorry I did things the way I did." Hinting towards he may have acted the way he did out of stress, as I may have thought. I dunno, we'll see how it goes tonight when he gets back home from work.

Comment

I don't think it was a bad idea to text him and ask to talk, because you're entitled to a thorough explanation. But please don't get your hopes up that he might change his mind. You could get hurt even more :/
        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
          I don't think it was a bad idea to text him and ask to talk, because you're entitled to a thorough explanation. But please don't get your hopes up that he might change his mind. You could get hurt even more :/
          I'm not really getting my hopes up - I'll just be happy to be able to talk as adults instead of having things left strung out on a wire like they were before. Even if he feels the same, at least this way he can act without stress clouding his judgment.

Comment

I am sorry it came to an end, and ended like this. Sadly, it seems some people don't like to dwell, they prefer to act and then you sort of are to blame whenever they feel bad. It is probably their way of feeling that they are in control of their own lives with drawing a line at something problematic.

The upside of things are; you are not responsable for his moods anyone. Even if deliting him can appear drastic, I am glad that you react with anger, and not just sadness.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I am very sorry things ended for you in this way, Secrecy I admire your resolve to continue forward! However, do you honestly think that there is an answer he can give you that can make things any easier for you? I don't want to sound harsh, but I think you heard all you needed - he wants out. It is his loss and it is now up to you to rebuild your life, your confidence (not that it is lacking, which I do admire!) and your happiness, and from what I read I believe you definitely have the strength to do that. Good luck!

Comment

I am sorry you are going through this, especially during the holidays.

Best Wishes

Comment

I just wanted to update that we've talked and sorted everything out - explanations were given, and we're back together with a lot clearer understanding of what exactly happened, and a newfound respect for communication, at least on his end. (He was always really bad at discussing the serious topics.) It's a long story, one I don't care to get into, but I just wanted to drop in and say that this is one LDR that's still kicking, and not over yet.

Comment

Happy for you

Comment

Working...
                    X