Depression-- how to tell my SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormy View Post
    ... Well I told him, in a text. His response? "Baby! No!!!" then a few minutes later "I am here when you're ready to talk" and we did later on and he was so supportive and empathetic that I am almost tearing up now. "You could never scare me away with something like that". *swoon* ...
    Your man seems like an awesome guy Congrats on him and hope you will get through hard times

Comment

Originally posted by jana89 View Post
      Your man seems like an awesome guy Congrats on him and hope you will get through hard times
      Thank you Jana!
      He has most definitely changed the entire game for me. I have never felt so genuinely cared for. Thank you for reminding me that there is no mistaking his kindness.

Met in July 2006
      Dated very briefly in November 2006
      Reconnected in July 2011
      Something changed in August 2013
      He visited in November 2013
      I traveled in November 2013
      I visit in February 2014

Comment

Originally posted by mellif View Post
        Thanks so much guys for the feedback <333 Really helped. I told him. He listened to me, and told me that if I ever started feeling really sad, that I should tell him and he'd try to help out. Made me feel much better. Glad I told him, because it would've been much more painful for me if I hadn't. I feel like I don't have to deal with the emotions all on my own now. It's nice. c:
        Ahh I missed this!! Good on you!
        I'm happy it worked out!

Met in July 2006
        Dated very briefly in November 2006
        Reconnected in July 2011
        Something changed in August 2013
        He visited in November 2013
        I traveled in November 2013
        I visit in February 2014

Comment

Definitely tell him! I suffer from moderate-severe depression lately as my health is suffering so much and my boyfriend knows and supports me 100%. If your SO appreciates you, you should not be afraid to tell him!

Edit: Glad you told him!

Comment

I was glad to read you had plugged up the courage to tell him, Mellif, and that it went well

Comment

Working...
            X