How often do you see each other ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you see each other ?

We became official In May and since then we have visited each other 3 times for 5 days each visit and Monday I'm flying to see him for 12 days
    It can get so hard sometimes as to where I really depressed my self and wish I could see him more
    I give props to the people who have either never met or can only see each other once or twice a year.
    People who can see each other a lot are really lucky. But I actually got really mad at one girl who said she will become long distance. Yet they lived an hour away and were seeing each other every weekend -_-

Originally posted by itsjen516 View Post
    We became official In May and since then we have visited each other 3 times ...
    Oooh, how lucky are you I have been to my SO in August and he is coming here in March, which is like 6 months Usually we would meet about every four months, but this time it just did not work that way.

Comment

Originally posted by jana89 View Post
      Oooh, how lucky are you I have been to my SO in August and he is coming here in March, which is like 6 months Usually we would meet about every four months, but this time it just did not work that way.
      wow that's long that would make me so sad
      Like after I come back from visiting him I won't see him again till march and I'm not looking foward to it ! 2 months is a lot

Comment

Let´s be honest - every day without our SO´s is freaking hard .... But on the other hand, every day we are closer to be together forever It is important to find something that will keep you occupy, so you cannot focus on missing your loved one. There is a light at the end of this tunnel Good luck

Comment

I will be honest and say I don't think I could do it if we had to go more than 2 months at a time. I am just not strong enough. I admire the people who can stick it out...I'm just not one of them. We see each other every other month. We have been together almost a year and half. The plan is for him to move here sometime Spring to Summer 2014. I couldn't do the long distance thing for much longer it is just too hard on me emotionally with the ups and downs.

Comment

Originally posted by jana89 View Post
            Let´s be honest - every day without our SO´s is freaking hard .... But on the other hand, every day we are closer to be together forever It is important to find something that will keep you occupy, so you cannot focus on missing your loved one. There is a light at the end of this tunnel Good luck
            Exactly, it's not a competition to see who misses their SO the most or who gets to see them the most. Every day is tough, be that 6 days or 6 months. It's 6-months between our visit this time as it's too expensive to do more. Yes it's tough, I think I found month 4 the toughest, I now feel like I'm on the countdown so am positive again. We have good communication and I still feel incredibly close to him despite the long time between visits and he's worth waiting years for let alone months.

Comment

We're working on every 6 months. Though I may be moving closer to him in a few weeks so maybe that could change.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I'm hoping on at least 4 times a year <3 Which is, basically, everytime there's an academic break from my university

Comment

He works for 5 weeks on a ship and have 5 weeks off - so there's 6 weeks between our visits and then we're together for 4 weeks.
                  40% of the year When I move to Japan, we'll get to spend all his vacation days together, so 50% of the year.

Comment

The shortest has been about 5 weeks apart and the longest nearly four months apart. We have been able to only do long weekends though.
                    We are planning on a weeks holiday together (including both of our's kids) next summer.

Comment

Only twice a year, during major breaks from school. It's made up for because they're usually long visits. Hoping to see him also during Spring Break this year which is only 7 days, so I've never given it much thought to do until recently. This summer we're hopefully closing the distance though!

Comment

After i met him, i visited after 2 months for 4 days. When he visits for ten days next month, it will have been 2 months since my last visit. I hope to be able to visit him for a langweekend six weeks after that. It depends both of my work and my money - I will usually pay for hotell as well. Hope to go for a whole week in Easter and at least 2-3 weeks during summer holiday. I plan to bring my husband on some visits. My ideal is to see him at least 2-3 days every month, but i think that may be too expensive. Once every 6 weeks or 2 months is more realistic.
                        Last edited by differentcountries; December 17, 2013, 05:21 PM.
                        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

We usually see each other 2-3 times a year. It's really hard, but completely worth it.
                          We've currently been apart for 6 months now, but I will be flying out to him in 9 days, and then I'll get to spend 3 weeks with him!! <3

Comment

We do 7 months between visits. But we did live together from May 2012 to May 2013 so I guess I should be lucky

Comment

I've never met my SO... there's a small chance i will next month, but i've learned about holding my breath. if we don't meet next month, the plan is to meet in seven months, when he moves down to GA.

Comment

Working...
                              X