Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twothree :Why don't you create your own thread ? This has got nothing to do with the thread subject. I feel for your family, and at the same same you come out as condecending. That is not helping anyone.
    Last edited by differentcountries; December 18, 2013, 11:54 AM.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
      Why don't you create your own post? This has got nothing to do with the thread subject. I feel for your family, and at the same same you come out as condecending.
      I agree with snow_girl and sarahjane on this one. Sounded to me like 23 was trying to give the OP some perspective.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
        Twothree :Why don't you create your own post? This has got nothing to do with the thread subject. I feel for your family, and at the same same you come out as condecending. That is not helping anyone.
        TwoThree made a very good point, even if you don't like it.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
          I agree with snow_girl and sarahjane on this one. Sounded to me like 23 was trying to give the OP some perspective.
          At the same time, it honestly deserves it own thread, if it really needs to be mentioned. I understand how the OP feels, in regards to the DS being a sentimental gift from her SO. It's counter-productive to compare a broken item to a dead person, as valid as the point is.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahjane1992 View Post
            Because in the big scheme of things, what really matters? A material item that can be replaced? Or a family member who passed away and cannot be replaced? I can't speak for TwoThree, but that's how I feel personally. Especially around Christmas. I think TwoThree was trying to give the OP some perspective.
            I also understood it this way

Comment

People can feel sad about a multitude of things to different degrees of sadness. I would also be sad if I broke a gift Frank gave me. But there have been much much sadder days in my life. This wouldn't change how I would feel about breaking his gift though.

You don't know what tragedy the OP may have had in her life. I am sure breaking a nintendo 3ds is not the saddest thing that has happened in her life. But today this is what she feels sad about.

There is no need to "one-up" the OP. This isn't a contest.
              Read my LDR story!
              Facebook
              Instagram

Comment

I lost the tablet Mike got me when he first visited within 4 days...then he got me a new one and after a few months my sister dropped it and broke it and did not even care. Thankfully yours is working now

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                  People can feel sad about a multitude of things to different degrees of sadness. I would also be sad if I broke a gift Frank gave me. But there have been much much sadder days in my life. This wouldn't change how I would feel about breaking his gift though.

You don't know what tragedy the OP may have had in her life. I am sure breaking a nintendo 3ds is not the saddest thing that has happened in her life. But today this is what she feels sad about.

There is no need to "one-up" the OP. This isn't a contest.
                  I honestly don't believe TwoThree was trying to "one-up" anyone. I think the goal was just to offer perspective on what really matters, especially around this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahjane1992 View Post
                    I honestly don't believe TwoThree was trying to "one-up" anyone. I think the goal was just to offer perspective on what really matters, especially around this time of year.
                    If this is the case it was done passive aggressively and as someone noted, "condescendingly."

If I told someone I broke my toe and it really hurts and someone told me "well my aunt broke her leg," I would feel like the person was being condescending. Like I shouldn't feel pain at all because I didn't break as much as her aunt? Sure, I am glad my leg is not broken but my toe is still broken. My toe still hurts.

OP never said she was depressed and didn't want to go on living because she broke a nintendo 3ds. If that were the case, twothrees perspective would be much needed. However, it was unnecessary since OP was just sharing that she was upset she broke a gift.

There are many threads here about sadness and people missing their SO. Should we hijack all their threads because someone is further away from their SO or has seen their SO less? Absolutely not. It would not change their emotions or make them any less valid.

My point is please respect others becauses as I stated before:

Read my LDR story!
                    Facebook
                    Instagram

Comment

Thank you people who gave me advices about my broken - now repaired (maybe for a while repaired nintendo) !

There were also comments what made me a little shocked...
                      I want to say to that people that Yeah thank you all but I really know what does real tragedy mean!
                      And yeah breaking something even a gift from your LOVE isn't anything same next to it!... I personally have experienced worst things in my life than that!

I just shared my own little story about today what was sad for me, as every of you share your sad or happy stories!

Just think for a while before you say such things to someone... IT'S NOT FAIR...
                      Last edited by dandelion; December 18, 2013, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I am glad to hear your Ninendo got fixed! I know I would feel upset if something I got from my SO broke.

I love this forum because people share everything from silly stuff to every day good & bad to major days that are happy or sad. Wish for us all to take good care of each other.
                        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                        X