When it's TOO perfect... O.o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it's TOO perfect... O.o

Seriously, our relationship is flawless. We agree on everything, we never fight, we're both extremely happy, it's never boring. He is the sweetest, kindest, most loving man I ever met. I'm so lucky. This is perfect.

And that's exactly why I feel like something absolutely terrible is going to happen! I don't have a track record for good luck, at all. and suddenly this? suddenly im not doubting the whole soul mate thing. but i know he loves me, i know he would never cheat on me or leave me. so, what? death? crap. lol

My point is... does this really happen? is this what's like to be in a normal, functioning relationship or am i really that lucky? Our relationship isn't years old, but it's not new either. eight months, now.

What are your relationships like?

All relationships are different.
    You might say that you've been together 8 months, but 8 months isn't THAT long, especially considering you're in a long distance relationship - it's quite possible you're still in the honeymoon phase. Not saying that this couldn't just be how your relationship is, even as time passes. Just saying it's not something that should cause you any worry. Things run their course.

My SO and I also agreed on almost everything the first year or something and only had one fight - now it's a different a story.

Comment

Originally posted by milaya View Post
      All relationships are different.
      You might say that you've been together 8 months, but 8 months isn't THAT long, especially considering you're in a long distance relationship - it's quite possible you're still in the honeymoon phase. Not saying that this couldn't just be how your relationship is, even as time passes. Just saying it's not something that should cause you any worry. Things run their course.

My SO and I also agreed on almost everything the first year or something and only had one fight - now it's a different a story.
      We never had any major disagreements until we moved in together Apparently household issues are a hot topic for both of us.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

The same as yours...perfect
        Glad to know there is some one else with the same "problem"
        We don't agree on everything, but the things we disagree are minor, less important things...like er he likes cellery and I hate it.
        I think we just click and work well together. He is so laid back and easy to get along with. I love it.
        We do tease each other a lot, but we both know it's just kiddings. I guess it's that both of us have the same (insane?) sence of humour.

Been together for just over a year, Skype nearly everyday etc, we're just unable to pick a fight LOL

EDIT you could say we've been LD for 1,5 years coz that's how long we have been in contact everyday.
        Last edited by Ahava; December 19, 2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I've been dating my boyfriend for almost 3 and a half years now. We've had our arguments, but they're mostly over little things.

Don't worry about your relationship, it's not bad to get along. Because the two of you are human, you'll have at least one argument during your relationship. It'll happen eventually. But don't stress about it.

Comment

I too can get that feeling. He is so wonderful that i sometimes think i am bound to loose him. I think he has similar thouhts, could be because of the polyamory thing too.i love the fact he wants us (and everybody) to get along. I have had relationships with fighting and confusion and i am so grateful to not have that. Sometimes i can get hurt by random remarks or misunderstandings, or he has stuff going on, but i always feel that we come out as a stronger couple and that we learn from that. We are not similar but i love our connection. He makes me so curious. And the fact that he gets so well along with my husband is a gift. My fear is that relocation can be difficult or that it will bother him that he can't marry me. He makes me mellow and romantic.

Living together typically tend to bring out issues, even visiting can have that effect.just try to be curious and generous towards both of you. Typically girls are a bit too agreeable in new relationships. I never had that problem though. I sometimes stretch myself in trying to understand, sometimes i have to be a bit open about how i feel. And i believe i am teaching him to talk about feelings. He is used to taking everything in stride, but i love it when he opens up. I
            Last edited by differentcountries; December 19, 2013, 04:30 PM.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
              We never had any major disagreements until we moved in together Apparently household issues are a hot topic for both of us.
              THIS! XD
              Yes, we started to have major disagreements when we moved in together. The whole household issues and general lifestyle topics can really create friction XD

Comment

I remember my man saying that he saved all his good luck to get me and it seems like I did the same thing!
                I never had good luck, the only thing I won were useless things that I didn't want to have and then I come into this relationship with this man who clearly cares about me.
                We had bad things happen to us and we conquered it together.
                I suppose that's when you know you're in a good relationship?

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                Married: 1/24/2015
                Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Eight months is QUITE new in my opinion.

Enjoy your relationship and don't make comparisons to others.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                    Eight months is QUITE new in my opinion.

Enjoy your relationship and don't make comparisons to others.
                    Agreed.

Enjoy the bliss while you have it before the "honeymoon" stage ends. Who knows? You might lucky and have a 50 year long one.
                    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Enjoy the perfection while it lasts, eventually that honeymoon phase ends, and real-life punches you in the face
                      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                        Enjoy the perfection while it lasts, eventually that honeymoon phase ends, and real-life punches you in the face
                        This made me laugh a whole lot. I think it's because "punch you in the face" and a smiley face are used consecutively.

OP: Just enjoy it! Relationships change and grow just as the people in them do. I feel like every couple will argue and disagree at some point, but some less than others. I think it's too early to tell what your relationship will be like in the future, but it seems like a really good start to me. When people leave the honeymoon phase and reality "punches you in the face", they forget reasons why they liked the person in the first place and stop fighting for the relationship. I really think that's why most relationships never make it out of that transition. So yeah, enjoy it and I hope you two can make it last forever.

Comment

Amen, sistah. I feel ya. I always think, "Why are things going this well? But soon enough, something's going to come and fuck it all up." I just try to svor it while it lasts.

Comment

I relate to that. My relationship is actually pretty easy for the most part, too. No real fights, we get along and communicate super well. My girl and have been together for 8 months as well, and many might say that's still pretty new, sure... But hey, I don't believe that's necessarily the only reason why we think our relationships are super good, you know? I do believe in compatibility, and I think that's what's at work here. I can only say that for my relationship with certainty, though. But if you feel like you and your guy are totally compatible, then that's great. :-) Some people may think it's just the honeymoon phase and it's all going to turn to shit once it's over, but I don't believe all relationships have to be like that.

Just concentrate on your relationship. Don't worry about what others tell you. Certainly don't worry about it becoming more troublesome in the future because no one knows what the future might hold. Maybe you'll find yourselves feeling like you're still in the honeymoon phase 15 years from now, who knows? I certainly hope mine will me like that, and there's nothing wrong with hoping. But fear will cause all kinds of trouble because it plays tricks on your mind.
                            Last edited by Fretboard_Magic; December 19, 2013, 09:41 PM. Reason: "k", not "g".

Comment

I felt the same and people were telling me really it's not healthy to never fight
                              Till this day we still never had a fight and it's still really fun but we have been annoyed at each other lol and bicker lol but work it out right away
                              Your fine don't worry Nothjng will go wrong and I'm sure one day you guys will bicker even if it's not a fight just means you have good communication

Comment

Working...
                              X