How often do you guys talk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you guys talk?

I talk to my SO like only during the weekend properly, sat down, on skype or facebook for hours. Otherwise its messaging on a phone app through the week. How often do you guys talk as in proper long convos?

Usually every evening.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Ahhh you're lucky with the time differences right My girl is like 8 hours behind me, its tricky as hell!

Comment

All day everyday -- we have full on convos via Facebook Chat, Google Talk, emails -- all at the same time. We currently have three convos going on right now while I post this. Two emails and Facebook chat. We'll Skype later tonight once my daughter is in bed.

During the weekday, it's emails. And thne more emails and chat at night. On weekends, we email in the mornings, then go our separate ways for the day and now we're emailing and chatting again.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Yes, we only have one hour time difference. He works long hours most of the year though. From next month his daily routine will consist of getting up, working ten hours, work out, studies and Skyping with me. We text a little too. Very little email as he is not comfortable writing long text in English. I prefer to send him videos (Eyejot or Skype) if we cannot talk, or lots of emicons
          Last edited by differentcountries; January 4, 2014, 07:03 PM.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

In my previous LDR he was 5 hours behind me. I wound up staying up very late and he wound up getting up early so we could text/email.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Thats awesome! You guys speak really often, I used to speak that much to my girl too originally when she lived in Florida as it was a 5 hour difference, not as much really.

Comment

As long as he has access to his phone (he's in the military) we text on and off through out most of the day usually. We get in one phone call (even if it is just a few minutes) every day, usually in the evening. We have a three hour difference so I know what you mean about how it can make things even more difficult. When I was visiting family we only had a one hour difference and it was REALLY different, and great.

There are days on end when I do not get to speak with him, what I usually do is email him as if I were talking to him and I know he will get them once he has internet again. I also rarely delete his voice messages on my phone so that I can hear his voice during these times... these both help me a lot. He uses the time to write to me, another form of communication he would like us to use more often.

We are still in our honeymoon phase soooo, pretty much we can't get enough right now.

Met in July 2006
                Dated very briefly in November 2006
                Reconnected in July 2011
                Something changed in August 2013
                He visited in November 2013
                I traveled in November 2013
                I visit in February 2014

Comment

Oh, he has also said that me not being a person who goes to sleep early (I'm usually awake until at least 10:30pm, even if I have work the next day) has done wonders for us.

Met in July 2006
                  Dated very briefly in November 2006
                  Reconnected in July 2011
                  Something changed in August 2013
                  He visited in November 2013
                  I traveled in November 2013
                  I visit in February 2014

Comment

We're both homebodies so we talk pretty much constantly unless one of us is out. We skype a LOT. Like we're almost always in a call these days. Unless like I said, one of us is out or asleep. And then occasionally I, for some reason unknown to me, feel the strange need to spend time with my family downstairs, at which time we don't talk.
                    "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

My SO and I talk pretty much all day, every day. We both work and go to school but when we're not at work/school, we're on Skype with each other. We Skype every night for ~5 hours at least. We usually leave Skype on when we're sleeping too; it's comforting for me.. even though we all know Skype has terrible connection and I usually wake up disconnected from him.

When we're at work/school, we're usually texting all the time still. I'm lucky that I have international texting as part of my phone plan, so I don't have to worry about finding a wifi connection all the time to Facebook him!
                      [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                      became official: 28.03.11
                      first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                      second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                      our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                      third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                      fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                      surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                      viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                      jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                      my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

It's beautiful that so many of you people have such a strong communications foundation KUDOS

Comment

When me and my SO used to be in LDR we used to skype everyday straight after school/college or work we call each other straight away if one of us is out sometimes at work or school we texted each other when ever we could. On a weekend we spend all day together since we woke up till we go sleep same as when we had things to do. Heh ^^

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post
                            All day everyday -- we have full on convos via Facebook Chat, Google Talk, emails -- all at the same time. We currently have three convos going on right now while I post this. Two emails and Facebook chat. We'll Skype later tonight once my daughter is in bed.

During the weekday, it's emails. And thne more emails and chat at night. On weekends, we email in the mornings, then go our separate ways for the day and now we're emailing and chatting again.
                            Wow, talk about multi-tasking! I could never do that.

Comment

We email each other several times during the day, and we try to Skype or phone chat every day. When we do Skype or talk on the phone, I try to give him undivided attention. I'm not able to multi-task like others! I do get how nice it might be to do like some here and Skype while doing other stuff. But, I love how my SO and I just focus on one another at least once a day for phone or Skype talking. When he and I Skype, all I want to do is gaze into his sexy, warm eyes! Forget everything else!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X