No announcement yet.

How often do you guys talk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyday. We Text each other throughout the day but it's never a conversation per say...more like "aw damn just missed the bus!"

The small stuff. I like the small stuff.

Comment

We Skype nearly everyday, but it's not always a long convo (at weekends yes). Then we chat every work morning. The occasional email. Nowadays it's mostly sending pics, links, etc. A good night text every night unless we've said good night on Skype. And the occational text during the day.

Comment

We've both been quite busy lately, so we send each other little messages and pics throughout the day. We do try to talk on the phone every evening. It's been working so far and I love it.

Comment

We try to chat on FB every night, but sometimes it is difficult to synchronize our schedules (he is coming home late from work, i need to sleep more because of studying). Sometimes we send a text message, once a while pics by e-mail and Skype on special occasions (New Years Eve, b-day etc.). I can´t do much of Skype, cause it makes me very sad to see my SO and not be able to touch him.

Comment

Originally posted by jana89 View Post
            it makes me very sad to see my SO and not be able to touch him.
            It is kind of sad. But my So make me almost forget "the screen " is there. And we kiss a lot over Skype, I think my phone had gotten more kisses than him by now!
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

We talk basically every day, but we don't Skype every day. When we don't Skype, we send each other WhatsApp messages throughout the day. I almost prefer it that way, because then we're able to send each other cute messages and random things

Comment

Me and my SO talk everyday and as we both have iPhones we use iMessage and FaceTime which are brilliant... Free texting yay! We have whatsapp and Viber too as a back up . We deal with a 5 hour time difference (I'm in the UK, he's in USA) though which can be a pain, usually on a weekend I'll FaceTime him from 10pm-2/3am depending on when he finishes work. On weekdays I'll try to be off FaceTime for around 12am.. That doesn't always happen though! It may be tiring but he is definitely worth it... Since I last saw him which is coming up 3 & 1/2 months ago we've FaceTimed everyday, which I am so thankful for . We also try and make it so every morning we both wake up to a text from each other.

Comment

At the moment we can only talk to one another over the internet (so when we're at our computers).
                  I admit it sucks a bit, because I'd love to be able to text him. Hopefully it'll change soon!
                  We still manage to Skype everyday, even if it's not for long, it's better than nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
                    Wow, talk about multi-tasking! I could never do that.
                    It's because we always have SO many things to talk about....the new book he's working on; how my business is going; what our kids are up to; what we did during the day when we were apart

And then sexy time of course.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                      It is kind of sad. But my So make me almost forget "the screen " is there. And we kiss a lot over Skype, I think my phone had gotten more kisses than him by now!
                      Aha yes! My SO and I talk on FaceTime whenever he had access to wifi and we kiss our screens often.

Met in July 2006
                      Dated very briefly in November 2006
                      Reconnected in July 2011
                      Something changed in August 2013
                      He visited in November 2013
                      I traveled in November 2013
                      I visit in February 2014

Comment

Originally posted by stormy View Post
                        Aha yes! My SO and I talk on FaceTime whenever he had access to wifi and we kiss our screens often.
                        ommmggg I thought only me and my SO did this LOLL
                        (One time I got carried away and kinda broke the webcam...the webcam on my stepsister's laptop is a little..haha..a little wonky)
                        But me and my baby talk errday errday ~
                        But he's gone somewhere for a week so I'm kind of sitting here crying ;-; and lurking LFAD
                        He doesn't have a phone so we only skype and talk on our online fighting game ;I
                        (And to make matters worse I don't even got data on my phone. I gotta hunt for wifi spots )
                        Last edited by TooFarAway; January 5, 2014, 11:43 AM.

Comment

My SO and I talk every day as well. It's easiest on my days off of work (I work 4 days on, 4 days off, 12 hour shifts of 6 am-6:30 pm for two days and then 6 pm-6:30 am for two nights). We have a three hour time difference, with me being three hours behind him, and he goes to bed around when I'm just getting home from work on my dayshifts. For my night shifts, I have to sleep during the day but we can usually talk for an hour or so. We chat via facebook during non-duty hours when I'm at work though. We try to skype a few times a week and talk on the phone too. We text if I'm not at work either since I can't have my phone on me. He's lucky, he can step off the floor if I call and he's at work and text me throughout his work day. It's not perfect, but we make it work. We've found that we're both better at talking on the phone than talking via Skype. We're working on getting better at that though.
                          Our love story:
                          Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                          Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                          Reconnected: August 2012
                          Began dating LD: November 2012
                          Engaged! March 2014
                          Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

We talk just about all day every day. Usually during the week it's mostly texting with some phone calls if timing is good, but phone calls are more frequent on the weekends.

Comment

He says good morning every other day. but nothing past that because he is at work and can't text. when im at work I can't text. I don't get to talk to him anymore and he is so stressed out and I think he is depressed. when he finally reached out to me after a few days he said he has been clamed up and talking to no one. I thanked him and told him I was there for him but he never texted me back. the next day I sent a little encouraging message. This week sucks for us....I think I can only handle so much. I hope this week I will have a chance to figure out a way for us to communicate better. fml....

Comment

Originally posted by TooFarAway View Post
                                (And to make matters worse I don't even got data on my phone. I gotta hunt for wifi spots )
                                Yep, that's what my SO does. I find it to be really cute. At the gym, starbucks, a friend's place, food courts. :-)

Met in July 2006
                                Dated very briefly in November 2006
                                Reconnected in July 2011
                                Something changed in August 2013
                                He visited in November 2013
                                I traveled in November 2013
                                I visit in February 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X