Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it worth it?

I seem to be having another one of those weeks where I question if it's all worth it. It's not often that this happens, but when it does it's really bad. I just question my entire relationship and if the distance is worth it. I love him to death but sometimes I'm not sure if all the waiting is worth it and I feel like a terrible girlfriend for thinking this! My biggest fears and insecurities definitely show during this time. My jealousy of closed distance couples is insane when I start doubting my own relationship. I can't help but lay around and question everything. There are days where I get so upset over nothing and am on the verge of ending it. I know it's not healthy and even though times like this are rare I wish they didn't happen at all.

*sigh* my rant is over :-/

You feel pain, so you question your life. So does almost everyone. Not a nice place to be though.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I think it's natural to feel this way from time to time. Just stay strong; you know you'll get through this. Remind yourself how much you love your boyfriend.. It's gonna be hard but it will be worth it.

Comment

I feel this way from time to time.. No one can tell you whether it's worth it or not though. That's something you need to figure out for yourself. :hugs: I hope you get feeling better soon. It's not nice being down like this.

Comment

Honestly, at 17, I don't think an LDR is worth it. Be young. Don't wait your entire youth away.

Comment

You are young at 17, but some people do find true love at that age. Only you can know if it's worth it or not, but the fact that you even ask the question is telling. I've no doubt my SO is worth any amount of wait!!! However, being far away from the one you love is truly draining. You may simply be down and depressed from being apart from your SO. When I'm feeling down like that, I try not to make any major decisions. Give it a few days or more and see how you feel. Talk with him about how you are feeling. An LDR is hard, the hardest thing you can go through, but it's totally worth it with the right person. Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

I'm kind of in the same boat. Lately I've been wondering if the distance is worth it and I can't help but fantasize about a "normal" relationship. I've never really had a good functioning relationship that has been short distance and whenever I see one I always get sad and wonder why I can't find someone closer or why my current significant other can't be closer. What makes you stop being sad and questioning everything? Maybe you should continue to do those things. My boyfriend is confusing all the time. He hates to tell people that we're together because he doesn't want judgement (I honestly don't understand this) but he's always for me letting guys or just people around me that I'm taken. I don't know if I'm being too sensitive or if I should mention it..I totally get that you're doubting your relationship because I am too. Feel free to message me if you wanna talk privately.

Comment

Working...
              X