Do you have days were it's just harder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have days were it's just harder

I feel some days are amazing we can talk for hours and it's a lot of fun other days we both just seem off miss each other even more and the conversation are on the dull side. I hate those days so much. When we are togther it's not like that at all but sometimes threw text were both kind of on the lame side ? I'm not sure how to word it.
    Do you ever have days like this ? Were it's just a bit off. Maybe cuz were past te annoying honey moon stage lol

Yep, have those days quite often. Sometimes there just isn't much to report for either of us, and we get tired of talking about the same humdrum stuff. Sometimes he's busy, sometimes I'm busy, and we just don't have the time for in depth conversations.

Sometimes I give myself a day off from messaging my SO, seems to make me appreciate the contact that we have a bit more. Just today I asked him if we could both make a bit more of an effort, and he was happy to go along with it. It's not really poems or declarations of undying love, the romance is long gone, but it's still good to be in contact on a regular basis. I just don't expect the big stuff any longer!
    London girl, American cowboy. "Like a western Dirty Dancing."

Comment

Yes I think when we are tired the conversation tends to be a bit more dull. Those days it is still good to see each other and we focus on that.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I think it's totally normal. Some days, my SO and I have great conversations that last for hours! Other days, we Skype for about 10 minutes because there just isn't much to say. I think it can be nice to take a break from talking at times, because it makes conversations more interesting the next time we talk. Sometimes it's scary to think that the "honeymoon stage" is over with, but in the end, I think that's the best part of the relationship because you really get to know your partner and learn how to be together. I wouldn't worry too much

Comment

My SO and I definitely have these kinds of days. It happens a lot right after a visit too.. the post visit blues, as some would call it. It got pretty bad after the trip that I just took to New Orleans. It got so bad that he almost decided to let the distance get to the better of him and break it off. After lots of crying and talking, he decided not to do it though. It's taken some time to get over it and there are definitely days where we miss each other a lot.
          [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
          became official: 28.03.11
          first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
          second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
          our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
          third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
          fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
          surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
          viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
          jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
          my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

im really glad this is normal it makes me feel better. i was starting to worry that something may be wrong. we have never had issues other then sometimes a small bicker lol but never a real fight.

Comment

It's amazing you wrote this now. I'm having one of those days today. Sometimes it feels like something is wrong, but I know it's not. These kind of days usually follow a really up day for me and my SO. We had a great day yesterday, but today has felt kind of blah. My SO has a life besides me, so he was out doing some things that aren't his usual. That kind of buzzed my radar, but I talked to myself about it. Then, he's not wanted to Skype today which is really unusual. We Skype most everyday, esp. when we are both alone. Tonight would have been a perfect night. I'm kind of bummed about it, but I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

A LDR is like any other relationship, with ups and downs. It happens for lots of reasons, but you can't ride high all the time. Love is when you are able to have that deep peace and happiness even when you aren't riding high.

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
                It's amazing you wrote this now. I'm having one of those days today. Sometimes it feels like something is wrong, but I know it's not. These kind of days usually follow a really up day for me and my SO. We had a great day yesterday, but today has felt kind of blah. My SO has a life besides me, so he was out doing some things that aren't his usual. That kind of buzzed my radar, but I talked to myself about it. Then, he's not wanted to Skype today which is really unusual. We Skype most everyday, esp. when we are both alone. Tonight would have been a perfect night. I'm kind of bummed about it, but I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

A LDR is like any other relationship, with ups and downs. It happens for lots of reasons, but you can't ride high all the time. Love is when you are able to have that deep peace and happiness even when you aren't riding high.
                ya thats how we get like we try not to skpe alot we sent alot of vidoes though but sometimes is blah others its amazing!
                right now its fine he was out all day with his family and stuff so its good to talk about it later but for a while now its been blah alot

Comment

Yeah we have that too, sometimes I'm just super annoyed by the distance and I have to really make sure I'm not taking it out on him. And some days it just feels like we don't have anything to talk about. But so far, those times always have passed and I'm sure they will in the future, too.

Comment

I wanted to add that I've learned to wait it out a day or two before I panic. Usually, everything is fine the next day. Sometimes I think my SO is just thinking over something. It's hard not to freak, worry, and imagine all kinds of scenarios. That's just not a good way to think, so I'll try to talk myself into laying back and watching what happens.

Comment

I agree that it is an oddly strange feeling knowing that I'm not the only one experiencing these feelings. Like today, my SO and I were laughing and joking around for what felt like the first time since I got back from my visit. This morning we were joking around and then this evening I got into a funk and I felt like I was getting anxious about our relationship. I am not a very patient person and so when Unger that way I just have to tell myself "it's okay, you're okay, and this is just a phase." It's very hard at times but I know that i have my SO to rely on.

Comment

I know the feeling! BF and I have never met so idk how we are in person yet but there are definitely days where it feels like we have NOTHING to talk about! We spend the entire day repeating the same things over and over and it drives me crazy. Sometimes if I mention it he gets a bit defensive and responds with "well we say that stuff any other time so idk why it makes a big deal now"... so usually if we're having a dull day I find as many funny pictures as I can and send them to him, usually they start a conversation :P

Comment

Yes, it is fun to do different things. We love the possabilities of the Viber app. On dull days we will Skype short but send lots of emicons. And sometimes I send him songs links over Skype.
                          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah96 View Post
                            I know the feeling! BF and I have never met so idk how we are in person yet but there are definitely days where it feels like we have NOTHING to talk about! We spend the entire day repeating the same things over and over and it drives me crazy. Sometimes if I mention it he gets a bit defensive and responds with "well we say that stuff any other time so idk why it makes a big deal now"... so usually if we're having a dull day I find as many funny pictures as I can and send them to him, usually they start a conversation :P
                            og that's a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah96 View Post
                              One thing that I did, that my SO and I enjoy when conversation lulls, is I bought a Would You Rather book. It has so many wild and crazy scenarios that whenever I read any questions from it we can immediately find things to talk about! It is a really nice thing to have and it lifts the mood when one or both of us is having an off, or more sad day!

Comment

Working...
                              X