No announcement yet.

There's always this one song...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alicia keys-Distance and time, Im just about to get a tattoo of lyrics from this song too!
    "If you have to walk a million miles, i'll wait a million days to see you smile" Also he sings the song "happy- by Never shout never" to me which always reminds me of him when i hear it

Comment

We don't have a song... Neither of us can remember any of the songs which played the night we met and which ones we were dancing too - we were too caught up in the kissing hahaha. And since then we just kinda have failed in having a song... But I'm determined to rectify that soon!

Comment

oh we got a few:
        I'd Come For you by Nickleback
        Never Gonna Be Alone by Nickleback
        Here I Am by Bryan Adams

Comment

We don't have an actual song, unfortunately.
          But if should chose a song, which can always remind me of our relationship, it's a Japanese song called: イチブトゼンブ (Ichibu to Zenbu) by a rock group called B'z. It has nothing to do with the lyrics, it's just that this song is always there.

When we first met, he asked if I knew B'z, I said I liked this song. He only knew their older songs, so this made him listen to the song. (I could hear it from his room). Now he always listens to this song (and another of their songs) and he even sings it sometimes. Guess this is one of the only songs we both love - since our general music taste is different.

Comment

Ours is "Far Away" by Nickelback. And then when we're together properly, I think our second one will be "Never Gonna Be Alone" also by Nickelback. If you've heard both songs, you'll know why (:
            [CENTER]

Comment

We've got a few...we're trying to find a metal/deathcore song that would work, because we both love the genre. But for now, our song is "Wherever You Will Go" - The Calling.
              This little girl's heart is California bound.

Comment

Give you all the love, by Mishka, among many others!

Comment

Me and Luke don't have an official song yet. He did mention to me 'Oh, It's love' By HelloGoodbye, but that was a while ago and we were never really clear about what our song was exactly..
                  When I hear 'If It's Love' by Train or 'Love Song' by The Cure or 311, I think of him. I like to think of 'Love Song' as our unofficial 'our' song XD

Comment

We have a lot of songs...

But ultimately "our" song is Never Saw Blue by Shawn Colvin. My bf can't even listen to it without crying, well its too instense, he won't listen to it anymore, but I plan to walk down the isle to this song instead of the Wedding March.

The song that is his song, in my eyes is and will alway be To Be With You by David Archuleta
                    His song for me is Smile by Uncle Kracker

Another one of our songs is Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Lady Antebellum. We will dance to this one in our wedding...ya we aren't engaged but talk about it all the time.

The other song is the one that he wrote me. Its called The One Who Holds Your Heart.

We are music freaks! He is an awesome singer, I LOVE when he sings to me.

Comment

So I am a total Rocker Chick who loves all things rock/punk/alt he is a top 40 kinda guy... We really don't have a song we claim as "our song" however he has been obsessed with Usher's OMG since the say the single was released because he says that it reminds him of me. I randomly get text messages that say "pow pow pow". It is a good thing I love him because I am horrified to admit an Usher song is what the man I am marrying feels best exemplfies how he feels about me.

Comment

Owl City's "Vanilla Twilight" is always one of the songs that makes me think of him--I actually have an entire playlist dedicated to him--but this one is really special because this is the one we had our first slow dance to. And it fits us really well.

Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly
                        But I'll miss your arms around me
                        I'd send a postcard to you, dear
                        Cause I wish you were here
                        The silence isn't so bad
                        Till I look at my hands and feel sad
                        Cause the spaces between my fingers
                        Are right where yours fit perfectly
                        But drenched in vanilla twilight
                        I'll sit on the front porch all night
                        Waist deep in thought because when
                        I think of you I don't feel so alone

There's also another song called "Sunrise" by Milk Inc. that I still can't listen to--I don't think there's anything in that song that doesn't fit us, and it's so sad. It makes me think of the last time I ever physically saw him and having to say goodbye.

See, how the sunlight fades away
                        It's the end of our last day
                        My final night with you
                        One last kiss that underscores
                        That I'm forever yours
                        Will you miss me when you go?
                        Promise me, you'll wait for me

Don't want to see the sunrise
                        I don't want to see the sun
                        Don't want to see the sunrise
                        'Cause when the morning comes
                        It'll take you away from me
                        Ohh, tomorrow you'll be gone
                        So far away from me
                        Ohh, tomorrow you'll be gone

Look, how my smile tries to disguise
                        What you're reading in my eyes
                        At the breaking of the day
                        One last gaze at the stars above
                        This is more than summer love
                        Will you miss me when you go?
                        Promise me, you'll wait for me

Comment

Mine and Garnet's song has always been Lucky, by Jason Mraz. I think the song and reasoning speaks for itself, even though maybe the distance part doesn't apply anymore, the essence of the song will always be there.

Comment

So many amazing songs..some I have heard of and some not...very interesting read...
                            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                            X