possible to fall in love in one week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possible to fall in love in one week?

Met a lovely guy on a random chat room last wednesday, cut to today he tells me he loves me and hopes we last forever and that he is done looking.

My question is how is that possible? We are in a ldr but how can we make it work? Ive been through this a couple times, but this time i want it to work! Any opinions on falling on falling in love so quickly? Thank you

I admit to falling in love with my SO just as quickly but I never said it in fear that it would rush the relationship. I could seriously see growing with him, expirancing life's wonders and getting old together. So, it is quite possible...rare, but possible.

Comment

It might be possible.. but at the same time.. after a week you both still have a lot to learn about each other, even if you talk multiple hours a day. I think it's more of a strong like or maybe strong 'lust' he feels. It seems he really likes you though in my opinion a week seems very early to say you love someone.

Either way, my advice is take things slow, and don't feel any pressure to say it back until you are ready.. he definitely should be anticipating waiting a good few months at least because after 1 week, you probably know you like someone and want to spend more time with them.. but saying you 'love' someone is a big deal when you are in a relationship.

Take things slow and keep getting to know each other and find out if you really do love each other. But don't worry about love right now.. the best relationships are typically based on strong friendships first.

Comment

It's called lust. You are excited by the spark, it is not love. It is your endorphins sending your brain happy feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
          It's called lust. You are excited by the spark, it is not love. It is your endorphins sending your brain happy feelings.
          Yup, this. A guy I met on an online game wanted to tell me he loved after a few weeks of knowing each other. We were not compatible at all, he had little regard for what I wanted or what my preferences were- he just wanted a girl really bad. Needless to say, we did not remain friends.

Comment

I was head over heels pretty fast, but it just couldn't have been actual love at the time. Maybe this will come across as harsh, but you can't love someone you don't know yet. The rush of falling for someone is something special, and you should enjoy that, but you can't go wrong by taking things slowly.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

There may be feelings involved but saying "I love you" seems a bit too soon after just a week.Take your time and get to know him. Good luck!

Comment

I agree with squeeker; a week sounds way too fast to be in actual love with someone. I was in love with my SO after 4 months and now after 5 years of knowing him, 3 years of being best friends, 2 1/2 years combined of dating, I still fall more in love with him each day and I realized that the love I initially had for him wasn't that strong. I'm sure he likes you a lot and could feel a strong attraction towards you but you want someone to love you in that "life long, forever and always" way which I don't believe is possible after only a week.

Like squeeker said, get to know each other and take your time. There's no need to rush it and relationships that happen very quickly can end just as quickly. Good luck!
                Our love story:
                Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                Reconnected: August 2012
                Began dating LD: November 2012
                Engaged! March 2014
                Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Reading your other thread, I just thought you ended it with him...?

Comment

Personally I don't think love has a calendar or any requirements. You can fall in love with someone whether you've known them for a week or a year. In my situation, my boyfriend told me he loved me about 2 weeks after we met. Initially I thought he was crazy and I was scared! I wasn't planning on starting a new relationship after just getting out of a horrible CD relationship, so how was I gonna deal with a LDR? But I kept talking to him anyway after telling him it was crazy that he loved me and didn't know me. We've been together for 10 months now. It has taken a lot of time and effort from both of us but we do love each other and we're happy.

I think people make too much out of the word "love".... love is just a special connection you have with someone. It doesn't matter who it is. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't love someone you just met. The word "love" is only so powerful because it is what we made it.

It's a cliche but follow your heart. Do what feels right because only you can really know. I hope everything works out and I wish you the best!
                    Last edited by Sarah96; February 28, 2014, 05:16 PM.

Comment

It often takes longer to fall in love, but it can happen quick too. I even know people who fell in love during one night (and are now married)! Of course you do have to get to know each other a lot more, but that initial spark of "I think this person is for me" can happen quickly. Yes, a lot of times it is a passing feeling, but other times it will not fade away. I fell for my so in the course of thee days, and having spent the next couple of days dating him I was spinning fast into loving him. How did we know we were compatible? Does it matter? With my husband I knew him for 4 years before I started to feel attracted to him, even then it took 6 months before I was really in love. Love comes in many different shapes and colours. Once you have faith in someone, you can just try, and put an effort into exploring that relation untl you get to know each other well.
                      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I don't know, my SO and I said "I love you" to each other have 5 days and we celebrate a year in April. So go figure.

Generally I would agree that's too fast, but we seem to be an exception. Some people just know when it's real.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post
                          I don't know, my SO and I said "I love you" to each other have 5 days and we celebrate a year in April. So go figure.

Generally I would agree that's too fast, but we seem to be an exception. Some people just know when it's real.
                          This, pretty much. Even though my SO waited a bit to say it. I was still somewhat skeptical of him at least at that time, but that was almost 3 years ago.
                          https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
                          Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

Totally disregarding BabyGund's post, because she is violating forum rules..

Is it possible to fall in love in one week? Totally. Falling in love happens quickly and most of the times you don't even notice, but there is a difference between being in love and loving someone.
                            If you think saying I love you after a week is too soon, then don't say it. Some people say it. My man told me after 2 months, I told him after 4.

For your other questions - how to make it work? LDR is not much different from any other relationship. Be attentive, try to make each other happy, talk and communicate

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                            Married: 1/24/2015
                            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

i think it can happen. its all based on connection and how you feel. still give it time to make sure it is love

Comment

Working...
                              X