No announcement yet.

possible to fall in love in one week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, it can happen. I think it's harder to go that fast when you just speak and are not in the same place, touching each other.

Anyway, I fell in love in just one week spending a fall break with some friends. Actually I think we didn't need even the whole week, we started to like her after 3 or 4 days even if at the start we didn't notice.

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
      Totally disregarding BabyGund's post, because she is violating forum rules..
      Huh? How is that?
      February 2012 -- met online
      August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
      April 2013 -- met in person
      June 2013 -- broke up
      July 2013 -- back together
      August 2013 -- 2nd visit
      October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
      April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Originally posted by Benni View Post
        Huh? How is that?
        I guess by writing in blue.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Love in a week? Nah. But you can feel lust/infatuation/have a great time after a week and everything work out and later fall in love and live happily ever after.

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
            BabyGund used a colored font. So what? I don't see the need to "completely disregard" her post but that's just me.

I agree with LB. Love in a week? I don't think so. Love is something that takes time to develop.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahjane1992 View Post
              BabyGund used a colored font. So what? I don't see the need to "completely disregard" her post but that's just me.
              Yes, it's just you. Obviously you're not color-blind. I'm not either, but many people are, and some colors can be very inconvenient for them to read.
              I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                Totally disregarding BabyGund's post, because she is violating forum rules..
                That's not totally disregarding...

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                  You mean like this? Hmm..... didn't know there was such a rule.
                  June 2013 -- broke up
                  August 2013 -- 2nd visit

Comment

https://members.lovingfromadistance....o-s-and-Don-ts

- Do not use anything other than the standard font/color/size/etc. Reading things like this is neither easy nor enjoyable, and even small changes can make things much more difficult for people with visual disabilities.
                    You'd think such clear guidelines would be enough.
                    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Hmmm....... I wonder why we have the choices, when composing a post, if we're not allowed to use them?
                      June 2013 -- broke up
                      August 2013 -- 2nd visit

Comment

Off the top of my head:

Maybe it comes de-facto with the forum software and the administrator doesn't have the time to deal with disabling it?

Maybe it's OK to use a different font or color for one word or one sentence to make some kind of a point?

Maybe the administrator is just counting on the members' common sense and general sense of empathy towards visually impaired people?

Comment

I don't really understand the problem with colours and different fonts eithers. I mean if someone uses it and your computer doesn't show it properly (which apparently is the case for snow) you can let the user know that not everyone can read their posts. Then they can either decide they want their comments to be visible and readable to everyone... or not.
                          It's their loss in the end, if their contributions end up useless for most people on here.

That said: If some guy from the internet told me he loved me after one week, I'd be majorly creeped out. Coloured fonts or not.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I wouldn't trust anyone who told me they loved me after a week of knowing me. It sounds weak to me.
                            You're still very much in the "honeymoon" phase of your starting relationship - I truly don't think a strong sense of love is capable between you two.

Comment

You wanna know why we shouldn't use different fonts or colors?

This is how her posts look to me, it is a screenshot, not manipulated:

Rules are to be followed. I don't understand what is so hard about this.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                              Married: 1/24/2015
                              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by churchgrim View Post
                                I wouldn't trust anyone who told me they loved me after a week of knowing me.
                                It is not a matter of trust, it is about taking a leap. I mean SO said in pretty clear words within the first week or two that not only did he love me, but I was also the woman of his dreams and he was already picture us growing old together! Now that is crazy talk... But love is crazy... Crazy good. As long as you realize that you have to not only talk the talk but also walk the walk, there is nothing wrong with going out a little strong. I mean the relationship is in the day by day events, weather you say I like you or i love you.
                                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                                X