Do you do something special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you do something special

When you and your SO part? I write notes in lipstick on mirrors/windows in his house for him to find when he comes back from dropping me at the airport. I also send personalized cards with photos of s (cardstore.com). Any other suggestions?
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

I usually hide little notes/letters in places I know he'll look once I'm gone When he leaves me, I hide a sappy, cheesy letter in one of his books that I know he'll read on the plane ^^

Met online: February 2011
    Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

I have given him something with letters in it each time I visited. First time I did the 52 Deck of cards, 2nd visit the Open when-letters, just gave him an Encouragement calendar. I also send him text messages and Viber messages the same day and next morning, to "warm him up" (he will be upset and not want to talk much) until I call and Skype the next day. He is a sensitive guy who likes to pretend he is tough and manly. These are my ways. Yes, and we also have sex right before I leave.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I don't do stuff like that often, but a couple of times I left a letter under his pillow right as we were leaving to the airport. I stopped because I was very sad when I wrote them and they only made him sadder when her found them :/

Last time I was at his place I hid my Christmas present for him in such an obvious place that he never found it
        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

We write notes on each other's bathroom mirrors that appear every time the bathroom steams up from showering.

I used to leave post-its at his flat and slipped a few notes in his pocket, also left notes and trinkets under his pillow. I haven't done anything like that in a while though. It's just getting more and more difficult. Plus I'm waiting for new inspiration.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Before I left for the airport I wrote him a letter and left on a table in the entrance of his home. I know a lot of people do that already, but I think it's a really sweet idea to write to them, something personalized.

Right before I walked through my gate he handed me a written letter to read on the plane. But when I got home and started unpacking I noticed there were things in there that I know I didn't put in there. He stuffed my suitcase with Lindt chocolate bars and another box of Italian chocolates. Oh and this game we played against each other. We did it on a piece of paper and he left it in there, and also wrote "I don't want to keep this as a reminder that you beat me!"
            hahahah I thought that was kind of funny. I also left behind two of my favorite shirts there in his closet.
            Kind of a way of saying I will come back again for them and to see you again
            sigpic
            Met August 2012
            Official Nov. 18 2012
            Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
            He's visiting April 7-28 2014
            I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

Comment

The first time around he hid 3 "I love you" notes in my stuff. We came up with 65 things we would do each day that I was gone until the second visit.
              The second time I left him 26 I love you cards around his room and a box of "Open when" letters and we worked on wedding / visa stuff every wednesday while I was gone.
              The third time around we didn't do anything, really. He is putting one black glass stone into the box for every day that I am gone. I am sure he will be out of stones, before I come back, but it's something he likes to do.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I've thought about leaving sexy notes for him in the bathroom mirror, but I freaking like my lipstick and don't want to ruin it scrubbing it all over a greasy bathroom mirror!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
                  I don't do stuff like that often, but a couple of times I left a letter under his pillow right as we were leaving to the airport. I stopped because I was very sad when I wrote them and they only made him sadder when her found them :/
                  Yeah I haven't actually done anything like this but knowing my SO, I'd imagine leaving him something would just make him sadder. Well I guess I inadvertently leave many things in his house when I leave... and that already makes him sad to see them but realize I'm not there anymore. And then I have the few things I take with me and I wouldn't expect him to hide anything in my case. It would make us think more of when we have to leave if we were to actually plan to leave something behind/etc so we don't really think of it.

Comment

I'm always really happy when I find something of his he's left by accident (or "accident"), and he seems equally as happy about it when it's the other way around. He left his used up travel size deodorant last year ..and I still sniff it from time to time. My first trip there, I legitimately lost a bra in his room. Next time we went on Skype, he was wearing it on his face . He was pretty heart-broken when he realized he accidentally washed it one day (nearly 3 months later..), so now I leave him a "fresh" one after every trip.

I'm thinking that, for his next trip up here, I'll write him a letter to read on the plane ride back. The lonely flight home is the worst part of it for me.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

He always make sure to give me lots of food. I have to learn how to travel lighter because every time I see him he packs my bags full with heavy stuff. He is like, I will not know what to say for a week, but I sure will feed you even from afar...
                      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Awwwwwww you guys! Such sweet ideas! Wish I would've thought of these when I was visiting! I go to him in 4 weeks but won't be leaving him for 3 months. Hope I remember to do something at that time.
                        February 2012 -- met online
                        August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                        April 2013 -- met in person
                        June 2013 -- broke up
                        July 2013 -- back together
                        August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                        October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                        April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

The night before I leave, I bake Whether it's cookies, cake, brownies, or whatever, I like to leave him with something sweet for a few days, after I'm gone.
                          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

when hes in the shower i will leave a little note on his pillow for him to find when he gets back to the room

Comment

I always write him a letter and give it to him at the airport when I'm leaving. This past visit, I surprised him with a treasure hunt before I left. I bought a bunch of his favorite goodies at the store and hid them in various places throughout his room. Then, I wrote a letter that gave him clues as to where to find the "treasure", and I gave it to him at the airport so he had something to look forward to after I left.
                              He loved it

Comment

Working...
                              X