No announcement yet.

Same Taste in Music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow this brings back old memories my boyfriend and I definitely have a very similar taste in music. It's one of the first things we talked about when we first started talking. I remember our 2nd phone call which was over an hour, all we talked about was music and bands we like and didn't like. Part of that was him trying to make me comfortable because I'm very shy on the phone, so he just kept talking, it was cute We've since introduced each other to newer bands and we still talk about music occasionally. Although I listen to all the same music he listens to, it is SLIGHTLY different since I'm a musician and tend to listen to some classical music and other instrumental pieces at times.

Comment

We're similar in that we both like the rock, folk and classical. He's however got me into Bluegrass and some American bands and I've converted him to a few British bands.

Comment

Yes and no His taste is far more varied than mine, he likes everything from metal to house, with a lot of pop thrown in, whereas I'm a harder-edged rock kind of girl. I despise pop, and have a tendency to dislike most female voices, and he loves 'em. I should say that everything he loves is at least 20 years old though I try to get him to listen to modern stuff all of the time, he's pretty OK with that, and claims to like most of what I've forced into his ears.

Our differences aren't huge, we know most of the same music at least, but the real difference is in some of the songs that were enormous hits in either Europe or the US that didn't make it over to our respective continents. We've been more surprised by the songs that the other didn't know, to where my guy insisted that I MUST have known a certain song, and just forgot! It doesn't happen much, but it's kind of funny when it does.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

We have completely different tastes in music...whenever we're together, we always have to take turns playing our music. He always complains about mine, and I always complain about his lol

Comment

We dont like the same music at all haha! He loves to listen to this oldschool music like Elvis (I know he's a legend, just not my kind of music haha!) but he also likes modern music, but he starts to listen to the songs when they just started to get annoying! For example, Lucky from Pharell Williams was played on the radio almost 10 times an hour, and i couldnt hear it anymore. Right after they stop to play the song on the radio, he starts to like it, and play it over and over again. And its like that with almost every popular song haha!

I love boybands. I listen to Westlife, Boyzone, Take That, BSB all the time. Judge me, haha! He doesnt really hate it, but he doesnt like to listen to it either
            With you or with no one.

Comment

We both have varied tastes and like everything but heavy metal/"scream" music.
              We both however prefer country above all else as a genre.
              "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post

the real difference is in some of the songs that were enormous hits in either Europe or the US that didn't make it over to our respective continents. We've been more surprised by the songs that the other didn't know, to where my guy insisted that I MUST have known a certain song, and just forgot!
                This is us too. Sadly, he is sometimes right with the memory thing as I have a shocking amnesia for song titles and band names.

Comment

We both have a varied taste and our preferences overlap quite a bit. But we also have a lot of differences too. My taste in music (and films, and art in general) is considerably better than his though, and I'm not above pointing it out when I get the chance.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Ha, not really. i'm into most music. I mostly like whatever I can sing to, which basically constitutes r&b and pop. or anything acoustic.

he likes hardcore screamo and rap.

we can agree on some rap and mostly indie music.

Comment

I love country, while my SO pretty much hates it.
                      He loves sports radio, whereas I could love without it.
                      So yea, our road trips get interesting. I try to go easy on him though.

Comment

We generally do have the same taste in music. He always tells me how I have a great playlist. Actually, even both my roommates have said I have a great playlist.
                        My interest, though, he likes oldies like Elton John, etc. but we listen to Shaggy together <3, then Macy Gray and some today music, but mostly back in the day for us. We're both a big fan of Maroon 5, but especially Shaggy. We also like songs which have piano and rap beats together and not necessarily any lyrics.

Comment

My SO grew up sheltered so he only listened to Toby Mac and Skillet. I was raised on music, so my preferences are very vast. I've been teaching him about good music and the timeline for music. He really is interested in it and I think I am getting him into some of the artists and bands I like.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

We have pretty different tastes. I grew up in the American South so I of course tend towards country and bluegrass. He likes a lot of math rock which I've tried to get into but just can't seem to! We both like 80s music though and I converted him to Mumford & Sons

Comment

Working...
                            X