Just a thought...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought...

I know being in a LDR is tough; you have your good and bad days. I hope I'm not the only one who feels like this sometimes. When arguments occur and you and your SO aren't speaking, are you upset with your SO but at the same time you're still in love with your SO? Is this a normal feeling when LDR couples fight? Is this a true love feeling? I've never felt like this in my other relationships.

I've had that feeling plenty of times. There's always ups and downs. But I think that when you truly love someone, you love them even when you're upset with them. I can be angry with my SO for something he's said or done, but I still love him. It's almost like whenever you're in a fight with a family member (parents, siblings or the like). You can be furious, but you still love them.

Met online: February 2011
    Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Yes, when I really love someone, that feeling never goes away- even when we are angry, fighting, or even don't feel like we "like" each other all that much at the time.

Comment

If you are with someone long enough, you will most likely get upset with him at some point. It doesn't mean the love has stopped. Sometimes the people we love the most, upset us the most. They have the most power to do that, because we care so much what they think. The real test, for me, is how we can handle those times of crisis.

Comment

If you get in a fight with your mom, or best friend, do you still love them? Of course you do You can (and will) get upset with the people you love, or are in love with, quite a bit. You might want to choke them, but you still love them, an argument shouldn't change that.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

It is impossible for us to stay mad at each other. When we have a cloud burst or even a thunder storm with gale force winds, we almost always end up apologizing before the day is over, sometimes in the same conversation. It's really funny sometimes, one minute we are on a collision course, and the next minute we are laughing and flirting as if nothing even happened. The times that we have backed away, we are always back to each other the next day. Both of us apologize as soon as we realize we hurt each other. We love each other too much to drag things out, and we hate to fight, because we are so close we both feel it.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

I always had it this way in relationships. Actually, this is the relationship where I have faught the least, and we seem to fight less and less. Sometimes the postvisit blues or the distance or thoughts about the future can be hard, though, I mean it is not him, but at the same time it is him, if you know what I mean.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Arguments and disagreements will come up, but the love never fades

Comment

What everyone else says! :P The love is always there even if we get into little disagreements or whatnot. And that is what makes us more eager to talk it through, figure out why we were upset or what went wrong, and work through it, and get back to a better place.

Comment

This can happen in CD times and LDR times, I don't think it is so much an LDR thing but a relationship thing, the distance just makes it more painful when it happens.
                    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Even if we don't talk to each other when we fight, we never go to bed without saying I love you to each other, because there is always a chance you might not talk to them again and then you would regret not telling them how you felt for the rest of your life.

So yes, I agree.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                      Married: 1/24/2015
                      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Oh, I don't think nice thoughts at all. I am out for blood. But he gets so sad, he is impossable to fight with. He hates to make me angry, and I hate to make him sad. He did make me sad second last visit thought, I cried live for the first time. I think he liked that. Guess it was a new experience for him. I told him he doesn't recconice his own feelings. Guess he liked that too. We ended up very close. I feel sometimes I am the only one who really knows him. Yes, we faught only 2-3 times in 6 months.
                        Last edited by differentcountries; March 27, 2014, 07:14 PM.
                        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I just recently went through something like that and we talked it out. I was so used to him talking to me every chance he got that I wasn't used to him not talking to me at all and even ignoring me, not responding, when I didn't even know that we were in a rough patch. I know he's busy studying for tests but I hope to talk to him soon again. We talked last week and haven't talked for a few days and I don't want to stress him out. I just wish it was only me and him talking like the first few months but I know that's not realistic. Our separate lives happened and he was on winter break when we first started talking to have that much time to talk to me.

Comment

^^I don't know that that's really what she was talking about...

We've only had one actual fight I think... maybe two. But I have been upset with him several times and him with me, and through all of that I have of course still felt love for him. A lot of love. It's what makes me want to fix our problems, not just get them out of the way.
                            "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

Originally posted by bribri2729 View Post
                              I know being in a LDR is tough; you have your good and bad days. I hope I'm not the only one who feels like this sometimes. When arguments occur and you and your SO aren't speaking, are you upset with your SO but at the same time you're still in love with your SO? Is this a normal feeling when LDR couples fight? Is this a true love feeling? I've never felt like this in my other relationships.
                              I have this feeling every single time I have an unresolved argument with my SO. I'm pretty sure this feeling is absolutely normal when you're in an LDR and I'm sure most people on this forum have that feeling at least once in a while.

The reason why arguments in an LDR are so much more difficult to deal with is because you can't physically see your SO, you can't just pay a quick visit to his/her place to make-up. The fact that you're probably not seeing your SO at all for a few days after an argument might give you room for a lot of over thinking, and over thinking is never good and will cause a lot of stress and it will make you feel upset. This is normal however and once again probably something most people on this forum go through at least a few times.

Comment

Working...
                              X