No announcement yet.

Positive Side of LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, time spent together online is precious and therefore the things we talk about as far as our relationship goes are straight and to the point. There is no beating around the bush as to how much we each care for the other one. I doubt I would have heard such loving and wonderful things said to me if we were CD or at least as soon as they were said. We're both serious about this and we know it. No game playing, no guessing. I think LDRs make you spend your time together communicating well and give you the incentive to open up to your SO,letting both parties know where they stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Benni View Post
      Wow, that made me stop and think. B and I are the same as you and your SO. I think if we'd met CD we wouldn't have taken the time to explore each others past and talk about all the scars/pain of past marriages/relationships.

Meeting online, and getting to know each other that way for a year before meeting in person, was a great way for us to have really deep conversations and to learn so much about each other -- and ourselves!
      I knew I liked you right off for a reason. It's because we intuitively understood each other.

Comment

Wow! I am glad to see so much opinions about LDR and i couldn't find all similar which is really good to know.
        Its very much interesting to read about all the stories and how you guys feel when you are in LDR.
        Some of your opinions have really change my mind on LDR.

Comment

There's really no positives for me. My bf and I lived in same area, and met and dated here before he moved away temporarily for work. And it just sucks to go from that to this. He'll be gone for a year and it feels unbearable to me, but I know a year can fly by. But if it were any longer, there is no way in hell I would do this. I guess the one positive is that I get to visit him in Japan but I'd trade that for him being here.
          Last edited by oceangirl38; April 9, 2014, 11:50 AM. Reason: missed word.

Comment

Working...
          X