No announcement yet.

When it rains, it pours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you and we will stay calm we have no issues I think the talk is more just to talk about how we can both be more patient that's one thing me and him do have . It's excellent communication so it can make things run a lot smoother even when one of us don't fully agree.

Comment

piratemama - you are a strong person..things will get better. Keeping you in my thoughts...

Comment

My SO asked when would be a good time to Skype, and he made time for us to talk. We visited for about an hour and a half. He made me feel much better. I think some of the times we couldn't talk at night were just dumb luck of him having opportunities to get out when I needed him. We had a positive talk, and he reassured me about my daughter's wreck, too. He will stand by me whatever. In talking about what needed to be done, he was using "we" and "us." I can't say how much better that made me feel.

When I told him how I felt that I was bringing only negatives, he said I had way more positives. So, I'm going to focus on all that is good and right and try to let go of all my worrying.

Thank you all for your caring, supportive comments.

Comment

Good! I'm glad you got to talk to him for so long -- you needed that! I do tell B when I have problems and that man calms me down within minutes -- he balances me!

Is there anyone who can help you with your Mom? I know how stressful it is. I've been doing it for 5 years without much of a break. Thankfully, my sis and brother are taking over her care when I leave Friday for B's -- a nice loooong 3 month vacation (and marriage).
          But if you can get your daughter or anyone else to help, for just a couple afternoons/mornings a week, that will give you a breather.
          Dealing with dementia of any kind is very hard on the family members -- it can be tiring/sad/maddening/frustrating. It can wear you out, let alone the other issues you're having to deal with!

Hang in there, you can get through this. But, please, lean on your guy when you need to do so. That's what relationships are for.
          February 2012 -- met online
          August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
          April 2013 -- met in person
          June 2013 -- broke up
          July 2013 -- back together
          August 2013 -- 2nd visit
          October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
          April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

I have nothing to add others hasn't o say I am sorry u r going through this!
            sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
              My SO asked when would be a good time to Skype, and he made time for us to talk. We visited for about an hour and a half. He made me feel much better. I think some of the times we couldn't talk at night were just dumb luck of him having opportunities to get out when I needed him. We had a positive talk, and he reassured me about my daughter's wreck, too. He will stand by me whatever. In talking about what needed to be done, he was using "we" and "us." I can't say how much better that made me feel.

When I told him how I felt that I was bringing only negatives, he said I had way more positives. So, I'm going to focus on all that is good and right and try to let go of all my worrying.

Thank you all for your caring, supportive comments.
              Good, I was just wondering how you are doing. Glad to hear you were able to speak on Skype with your SO and get some much-needed moral support from him. So nice that he was using "we" and "us" and assuring you of his caring and support. I love it when mine talks that way when I'm having problems.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

Working...
              X