Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curious_gal518 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I can assume that everyone is busy and I'm interested to know who is busier - you or your SO? And how do you manage your time around each other's schedules?

To start off, I'm busier between us two right now. I am almost finishing grad school (1 week deadline for the thesis minor revisions), I have a sporadic part time work that consumes most of my free time, and transitioning into a full time job in two weeks at a different company. My SO, on the other hand, works 1-3 a week and finishing up his portfolio so he could try to CD with me. So he has more time to spend than I do.

We send messages to each other throughout the day and sometimes we call when we're both free.

What about everyone else's?
    My situation is almost exactly like yours. My SO is in grad school (her final semester) and she is crazy busy. We seem to best communicate through texting, email, and phone calls when she is able. She seems to do best when she has next to no distractions. For me, I own my own business and I have more free time/flexibility. So it's difficult for me. So I try to keep myself busy as many on here suggest. I try my best to be understanding about her situation. It isn't easy sometimes. Especially because we are both introverts. So we also really appreciate our times alone. So when we both have free time, we may not be in the mood to chat it up.

Are you graduating this May? I'm looking forward to her graduating and seeing where the relationship goes after that. What state she will move to next (back home to California or East coast for a job or internship?). I'm hoping that she might move closer. Within a reasonable driving distance, but we'll see.

Comment

I think it's about even for us. He's still in high school, but I dropped out last year due to personal issues. I still do things during the day, and we don't get to talk much while he's in school for obvious reasons. But we almost always try to FaceTime for at least an hour every night before we both go to bed.

Comment

Unfortunately our situation has changed a lot since February... from September to February I was still doing my traineeship as industrial clerk with 2 times school a week which was only from 8 to 1 ... and three days work from 8 to 5... I also had a side job where I worked something like 10-15 hours per week (mostly after my school or on saturdays). He had a job where he used to work in two shifts, either 9 to 4 or 3 to 10 and one day off. We used to text all the time, at least when both of us were awake (7 hours time difference). We both were able to text while working so we really had a lot of time to communicate.

By the end of January I finished my traineeship and couldn't stay at the company I worked for although my grades were really really good. I decided to stay only in my side job for a while because I planned to close the distance and move to Cancun. So right now I am only working something between 10 to 30 hours each week. My SO changed his job... he now works as animator in a hotel... which i don't like at all :/ But the worst thing is that he now has to work from 9.30 to 5 and again do shows in the evening from 8 to 11. Some nights he also has to go to night clubs with the guests which means he is not at home before 2 or something And of course while he is working he is not able to text at all... At the moment we sometimes only text 1 or 2 messages a day... and that's really killing me. We went from texting all the time to hardly texting anything at all And then also this stupid new job makes it a lot harder for me... And the fact that I don't work a lot and am often just at home :'(

So he is unfortunately a lot busier than I am

Comment

It varies. We both have very demanding jobs that involve a lot of travel time away from home. Even after we are married and get the distance closed, we won't be seeing each other much more than we have over the last year. BUT, at least we'll both be coming home to the same place each time. :-D I can't wait for that.

Comment

Working...
          X