Valentine's Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Sadly, as I start to get my clay mojo on today my printer runs out of ink.... (I'm printing out a 'chat' as we met on a chat/webcam based site).

Guess tomorrow will be a late night! lol
    Just be glad we made it here alive
    On a spinning ball in the middle of space

Comment

Originally posted by Rane View Post
      Of course, I still need to finish mine, cause I came up with my idea I thought was absolutely wonderful a little late, and with a new job I haven't had as much time to work on it... >.> But with Michelle and Frank as my witnesses, I will have it done and ready for her to open on Valentine's Day! /nod.
      Aww! It's okay if its late though! I know my package to you will be sitting in customs until it feels like coming out, so it might be late too.
      I swear the Canada customs is a black hole. O_O His mail to me zips here like wheee! My mail to him, well, lets just say I sure can't ever send him cookies.

Comment

I won't even remember it/acknowledge it haha. I know I'll be working at the dance studio and it will be full of dates going for their first dance lesson!

Comment

Neither one of us are too materialistic, and Raine probably won't even realize it's Valentine's Day, until he gets my package, haha! I was in Finland for about a week and a half over the holidays, and I made a picture book of our adventures, so I'll send that along with some cookies I'm making, and some chocolate covered potato chips, since he's never heard of them before, and decided to tease me about how American it was to stick chocolate over potato chips when we talked about them recently. Oh, and a card, of course. I don't feel bad at all for not warning him though, we decided on no Christmas presents, so he gave me an adorable necklace on New Year's Eve anyway, calling it a "traditional New Years gift". Jerk
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't think we are going to do anything special but he did get me some kind of jewelry which I am so curious as to what it is.. I have feeling its some sort of promise ring.. I kinda told him to get me something as a promise to me that we will meet.. I'm still not 100% sure on what to get him.
            He just gets me... <3

Comment

We're not materialistic either - but I will send him a card and I've just this minute sent him a text saying "13 days til Valentines Day. *ahem* card *ahem* x"

I like getting cards and keeping them.

It was his bday on 27/01 and I couldn't afford to buy anything - so I think I am going to get a joint V-day/B-day present and go to a spa overnight so we can relax, be together and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by uk_girl View Post
                We're not materialistic either - but I will send him a card and I've just this minute sent him a text saying "13 days til Valentines Day. *ahem* card *ahem* x"
                Hehe, love it

He's got no excuses now!
                In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                My dog Sam ♥

Comment

I made him a bear at build-a-bear that I've been sleeping with for a few weeks.
                  I made him a website containing a story I wrote about every time we've met, songs that remind me of him, random facts about our relationship and lots of photos. It also has the song lyrics and the reasons for why I chose each song. (it has taken me weeeeeekks to finish it)
                  I got him a GPS because he always calls me for directions even tho we're not even in the same state.
                  I made him a card
                  I sent him a glass frame that's etched with "love" and other mushy sayings with a photo of us inside.
                  and I got him some goodies (chocolates, candies and the like)

I just hope he likes all the effort!

Comment

Originally posted by JoMarie View Post
                    I made him a bear at build-a-bear that I've been sleeping with for a few weeks.
                    I made him a website containing a story I wrote about every time we've met, songs that remind me of him, random facts about our relationship and lots of photos. It also has the song lyrics and the reasons for why I chose each song. (it has taken me weeeeeekks to finish it)
                    I got him a GPS because he always calls me for directions even tho we're not even in the same state.
                    I made him a card
                    I sent him a glass frame that's etched with "love" and other mushy sayings with a photo of us inside.
                    and I got him some goodies (chocolates, candies and the like)

I just hope he likes all the effort!
                    He should! Whoa... very nice and thoughtful stuff! I should have done the whole website idea... maybe for a just because

Comment

Some of the effort you guys go to blows me away

It's so great. Like you said, I hope they appreciate all the thought and work you're putting in!
                      In a relationship with

My Albums:
                      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

the website was awful and took me forever as, i had no idea how to go about it. I had to have my friend teach me and I called her a ton to help me when I was stuck with something. Good thing she likes me because the site is so personal I didn't want to share it with anyone else..

Comment

That's good you had someone to help. I know a pretty decent bit about very simple web design, so i could probably get one done with only a minor headache or few LOL glad I took that class, so now I understand enough to look up my own tags and stuff when a visual designer just won't do what I want it to!!

Comment

Just bored and browsing on eBay and came across personalised money boxes.

Bought one for my boy as I thought he could put any excess cash into it towards his train fare etc.

Could be an idea for others if anyone's struggling to think.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I've bought the above one, but obviously personalised it with the name of the fund and a little picture

Comment

Originally posted by uk_girl View Post
                              Just bored and browsing on eBay and came across personalised money boxes.

Bought one for my boy as I thought he could put any excess cash into it towards his train fare etc.

Where's he from, erm, (what's your name? ) ?
                              In a relationship with

My Albums:
                              Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                              My dog Sam ♥

Comment

ahh i have no absolutely no clue yet. ive had this on my mind for weeks. and since he gave an amazing xmas present (a handMADE (not wirtten!!) calendar til my birthday in july, everyday another cute poem he wrote or some stuff for me to do and i only gave him a leather wristband with a line of our song imprinted, so i suppose its my turn to come up with something amazingly cute, sweet and thoughtful. but im just out of ideas.
                                hell be here on vday i.e. hell already be coming on the 11th so i have to be done by then. so not that much time. but on the day itself well go to the movies and cuddle lots and ill be crying (as always) and hell give me kisses on the forehead. oh and i wont finish my popcorn and hell say that he told me before i should take the smaller box an yea, i guess well go out for dinner somewhere, not too expensive, just some nice, comfy italian place. oh and of course laze around the rest of the day

Comment

Working...
                                X