No announcement yet.

We're getting married...problem?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What this coworker says is just crap dressed up as advice. If you don't want one night stands you are hardly at loss. She should try to heal her bitterness somewhere else.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

She may genuinely believe that you're making a shitty choice. So what? I've known plenty of god fearing cheaters and think crying never is naive. So what? People have asked me if I'm sure I'm ready to move in with my SO and a couple have given me the horror stories of how it will end my relationship. So what? My point is that people will always have and will always express opinions. Sometimes people you're close to will say you're wrong and sometimes so will strangers. It's honestly something you just have to learn to deal with because people will always be people.

Comment

I once tried to talk my best friend out of getting married for very valid reasons. I can promise you the reasons I gave her were way more relationship and guy specific than that. The problem wasn't that marriage is flawed, but the two people in it were flawed as were their expectations. They still got married, and I am now supporting it genuinely hoping I am wrong.

I was previously not a marriage person, but finding the right guy is slowly edging me into it My SO is older as well, but doesn't have the same desires as yours so he is taking things at my very slow pace.

There will always be SOMEONE telling you not to do it. Basically, unless it becomes people that know and love you like family or close friends presenting valid concerns, I would just brush it off. No need to let negative people get into your dream wedding thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
          There ya go. She is bitter. No need to take any of this really serious!
          Agree with this, I was going to post about how she's probably bitter, and not to worry, but snow already has it covered.

Your life is what you want to do with it.
          https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
          Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

I am a wholehearted believer that marriage is not for everyone, but the people who can decide that are the people themselves. It sounds like you've talked about it and you're ready for it, so screw her :P Let her be bitter, and take heart in the fact that you aren't experiencing the same thing
            "A kingdom for a kiss upon my shoulder."

Comment

Thank you all!

Also, I don't want it to sound like Stephen is pushing me into anything. Ever since I was little I wanted to get married young, and I am so happy to be marrying Stephen. We are such a good partnership and everything feels so right.

Comment

Simply put, the person the OP is referring to, is filled with jealousy, coming from a very bad experience.

First Visit: September 2016
                Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
                Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
                For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                John 4:12
                I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

I would say "sorry your life sucks so much, but mine doesn't"

That person is bitter. Getting married is a personal decision. It's not right for everyone, but it is right for some.

Comment

Working...
                  X