Being younger...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dezface View Post
    I think when you're young you always perceive yourself as more mature than your age. Then you get a bit older and realize you really weren't at all.
    I'll agree to disagree with you on this. Of course you get more mature with age but I know plenty of people who did not believe they were more mature than their age. In my situation, it has been something I've heard since I was in 4th grade and I have been more mature than my peers. I think maturity also has to do with what each individual believes too.
    Our love story:
    Attended the same high school 2004-2007
    Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
    Reconnected: August 2012
    Began dating LD: November 2012
    Engaged! March 2014
    Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Heavenly_Love12 View Post
      I'll agree to disagree with you on this. Of course you get more mature with age but I know plenty of people who did not believe they were more mature than their age. In my situation, it has been something I've heard since I was in 4th grade and I have been more mature than my peers. I think maturity also has to do with what each individual believes too.
      I believe there is quite a difference from "perceiving yourself as mature" and being mature. Or at least, that's what I believe.
      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by youngisthan View Post
        I think what matter is love and not age, if you are truly in love nothing can come between your relationship.
        Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
          I believe there is quite a difference from "perceiving yourself as mature" and being mature. Or at least, that's what I believe.
          Yes, I think the real hallmark of being mature is realizing that there will always be something that you don't really cover, that in some areas you are really not the best there is. That we all have something in our personality that is really annoying to others and /or that makes it hard for us to voice what we truely feel and want. If you see that, and know what it is, and decide to work on it to be a better person, that is a mature approach, but still a bit of mature resignation is due; "this is how I am, and well, in some ways I am a pain in the ass". I mean, they say love is just the neurosis clicking...

The maturity people have in other relationships are not neccesarily reflected in a romantic relationship because the dynamics are so different. People always have opinions about how other people's love life is, which of course they really don't know for certain because they are not in that relationship. A friend of mine, who is perfectly balanced with friends, will forever whine in a relationship (so he and his ex says). My men are the kind of guys everybody tells me "he must be such a nice boyfriend"....well, they really are easygoing "nice guys", which makes them non-confronational, so that I have to do guesswork and drag out of them every resentment or worry or critique they have of me, which can be tiresome, especially in the start of a relationship where you don't know the other person so well. And I people (even friends) think I am probably hard work in a relationship, because I can be confrontational and not always aim to please, but really in a romantic relationship, apart from the occational "drama" where I will be tough or sensitive, I am an easygoing, aim to please, cakebaking sort of girlfriend that just want a man to be happy (but I did that too much with my ex, she did not have the easygoing side of her so it became a bit unbalanced). Romantic life often works to show the "other side" of a person's personality. We humans are a complex bunch.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
            We humans are a complex bunch.
            Yes, yes we are.
            "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Working...
            X