Before Bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before Bed

Our chats right before I go to sleep are really important to me, and I was wondering what you guys' perspectives on them were. My SO and I only have a three hour time difference, with me being the later time zone, so usually he will tuck me in and we'll *cuddle* or -cough- otherwise until I go to sleep. He has a laptop and I have a BlackBerry that has MSN on it, so we're lucky that we never have to go to sleep without talking to each other first. I honestly don't think I could go asleep without being "in his arms" and the nights he "comes to bed" late after a late dinner or whatever, I almost always stay awake for him.

Usually we just snuggle and say sappy things. XD I love asterisk-snuggling. >.> I think on the old site someone mentioned they did it too, but do any of you guys do that? Do any of you have any other "bedtime rituals"?

Nope, not really. It's usually just "alright, I'm off to bed, love you!"

We're quite boring.

Comment

hahaha, well i have class 3 nights out of the 7 nights of the week, me and my SO are on a 3 hour time difference so somenights ill just go lay in my bed and talk with her for a bit humm her to sleep, she loves that. she loves going to sleep together on the phone we do it almost every night we can and for the nights im at school she is heading to bed when i go on my break so we get a quick chat most of the time, but she seems to like the morning talks when she gets up to go to school which is 3 am my time, :O sometimes ill call her and im soo out of it just rabbling on and on but she loves it.

Comment

Garnet and I don't have any specific bedtime rituals, besides always saying goodnight and that we love one another before going to bed, be it over IM, or email if one of us ends up having to go to bed before the other.

Comment

i think im one of the few here that dont talk to their SO at regular times or dont text even though we could: p
          i do have a kind of ritual before sleep, because i email him almost every night before going to sleep (we have a 10 hour time difference, so hes usually at work)
          i guess i just love leaving him little emails with goodnight snuggles inside : )
          Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
          And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
          ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Nah, we just say goodnight and go to bed lol - but when we're actually together there's a lot going on, a quick cuddle before going to sleep among other things

Comment

Eeeeeeeeerm, we just delay leaving as long as possible usually

We've got much better though! Seriously, one of us could say we were about to leave, and it could be another 2 hours before we left! Lol!
              In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
              Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
              Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
              My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                Nah, we just say goodnight and go to bed lol - but when we're actually together there's a lot going on, a quick cuddle before going to sleep among other things
                A long cuddle if I get my way

She's always so warm and comfy!
                In a relationship with

My Albums:
                Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Right before bed is the only time we DO have to talk, so we usually talk on the phone for an hour or so (:
                  You are at the beginning of your life, perhaps you will have many loves... but if you are fortunate, you will have only one love.

Comment

We have a 10 hour time difference, so we're both always going to bed at crazy hours. Our before bed chat usually consists of a lot of huggles and snuggles and I love yous and skype smileys. :P

Comment

Oh, I can definitely see where with a 10 hour time difference it would be hard to say goodnight properly. =( I really respect you guys that cope with the time difference issue.

The quote thing is being weird. O.o But I'm replying to Andy's post where he said:
                      We've got much better though! Seriously, one of us could say we were about to leave, and it could be another 2 hours before we left! Lol!

Yeah, us too. XD Our "goodnight" usually lasts like an hour. O.o Unless I fall asleep on him. >.> Which he always laugh about because I'll be like, "No, not sleepy at all!" and two minutes later I'm out. -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Veiled_Dreamer View Post
                        The quote thing is being weird. O.o But I'm replying to Andy's post where he said:

Yeah, us too. XD Our "goodnight" usually lasts like an hour. O.o Unless I fall asleep on him. >.> Which he always laugh about because I'll be like, "No, not sleepy at all!" and two minutes later I'm out. -_-
                        Haha! Yeah I know a young lady like that

To be fair though, I think she's only fallen asleep on me maybe 4-5 times, usually when I've gone for dinner or something, and that's amazing comsidering how sleepy can get! Out like a light watching TV all the time
                        In a relationship with

My Albums:
                        Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                        My dog Sam ♥

Comment

I guess our 'bedtime ritual' is lots of kissy noises and 'i love you's and 'goodnight's that go on longer than intended too lol

Comment

Ours is pretty basic. We lie down, and talk until we're dead tired And then we fall asleep on webcam. I have a horrible internet connection, so the call usually drops before morning If one of us wakes up in the middle of the night, we've agreed it's okay to call back. I don't mind being woken up, and I can fall asleep again right away. He usually tries talking to me after he calls back, but I'm such a zombie when I'm half-asleep

Comment

we usually go to bed at the same at despite the time difference.. we usually text each other while we're in bed until one of us gets too tired and says goodnight
                              He just gets me... <3

Comment

Working...
                              X