No announcement yet.

is there any other LDR close to you ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was LD with my ex, my brother was also LD with his (now ex) girlfriend. So that was kinda nice having someone else who understood living in the same house as me.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I was surprised how many people said "oh hey, that sounds familiar" when I told them about having entered a LDR. Turns out that quite a few of my friends have been in LDRs before, one is currently looking like she'll get into one, and at least one is in one at the moment. It lead to some interesting conversations, and I was very glad about it. It turned out as I'd expect - Most of my friends had given it a shot, but for a number of reasons, the LDR didn't work out for them. It reassured me that I can find help and understanding, and it reminded me that I definitely need to keep my game up and continue to invest effort to make things work.

~
      It'll take a lot more than words and guns
      A whole lot more than riches and muscle
      The hands of the many must join as one
      And together we'll cross the river

Comment

a friend of mine from school got into a ldr just a few months before i did! her bf lives in japan, whereas my gf is just in the netherlands, so i have it slightly better than she does, haha.

also my stepsister's mother is in a long term ldr with a guy in israel... but i don't exactly talk to her much, it's still interesting to know there are people around who are in the same boat, though!

Comment

Being in college, I know a lot of LDRs. People who have SOs back home, people who stay together over the summer but live in two different countries or states...
          It's actually really, really nice to have a lot of people in the same situation as you. Creates a good network.
          The most import, my roommate and best friend was in one up until recently.
          Every long lost dream led me to where you are
          Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
          Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
          This much I know is true...
          That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you

|First Met: 02/28/14|Exchanged Numbers: 03/07/14|First Date: 03/14/14|First Kiss: 03/21/14 |Became a couple: 04/05/14|

Comment

One of my coworkers is from Brazil and lives in the Netherlands to study. She is still together with her boyfriend who lives in Brazil. I always feel so spoiled with my England - Netherlands when we talk about our boyfriends, haha...

Comment

Two years ago, I was at the airport in Dusseldorf waiting for my flight back home to the US when I met a guy who was also flying home to the US. He lived in New Jersey while his SO lived in Poland! As I was also coming home from a visit with my SO, it was really nice to talk to someone IRL about the difficulties of LDR's.
              Besides him, though, I have all you good people to talk to

Comment

My SOs one year older brother is in a LDR with a woman living in another part of Turkey. I have "met " her a few times over Skype and she seems nice. We will try to organize it so that the three of us (me, SO and his brother 's gf) visit the home town /family house at the same time in the fall. I think we could share some pointers about LDR.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by emsimes View Post
                  Two years ago, I was at the airport in Dusseldorf waiting for my flight back home to the US when I met a guy who was also flying home to the US. He lived in New Jersey while his SO lived in Poland! As I was also coming home from a visit with my SO, it was really nice to talk to someone IRL about the difficulties of LDR's.
                  Besides him, though, I have all you good people to talk to

I also met a guy from New Jersey with a Polish SO (I think he was attending her graduation or something?) on the train when I returned from a visit a few years ago.
                  There seems to be a strong New Jersey - Poland connection

I know a few people who have been long distance at some point (it's pretty much unavoidable if you go to university, study abroad, do internships, a gap year, etc).

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post

I also met a guy from New Jersey with a Polish SO (I think he was attending her graduation or something?) on the train when I returned from a visit a few years ago.
                    There seems to be a strong New Jersey - Poland connection

I know a few people who have been long distance at some point (it's pretty much unavoidable if you go to university, study abroad, do internships, a gap year, etc).
                    Maybe we met the same guy?

Comment

I voted don't know since I don't know who is still together or anything with my old classmates/friends... I'm rather introvert and rather have few close friends than many not so close ones. No one I talk to on a regular basis is or have been in a LDR, unless you count national service which I guess you could do... But I don't and I would think most share my opinion

Originally posted by François View Post
                      Hey, good idea, if someone is from north east of France, I'd be up for it too ...
                      Well I'm obviously not from France but I plan to spend at least a couple weeks in Chamonix around January/February with my SO next year
                      We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

I actually do know someone else in a LDR however we don't necessarily get along very well, sadly, so we've never really had the chance to talk about our relationships. I do know her relationship is slightly different than mine though. We're also at different stages in our relationships. Her relationship is a few months younger than mine and they have met a few times and are discussing closing the distance, while in my relationship we have not yet met and are not sure about when the distance will be closed. So, unfortunately there isn't much for her and I to really discuss about our relationships.

Comment

My sister and her husband are LDR at the moment due to military stuff.

Other than them, a family friend recently mentioned being in a relationship of some sort with a guy on the other side of the country. They started CD, but then he had to move to go take care of his mother. Also, it seems really common in college settings for people to end up in LDRs. I can think of a handful of people who are in relationships with people who, either during the school year or during the breaks, are in a completely different state/country.

I don't know if there's anyone local who's in an LDR for reasons other than military or school, though.

Comment

Yep. I have quite a few friends that started CD, became LDR's, and are now happily CD again. Most of them ended up that way because of college/University. I have other friends who are LD because of the military too.

Comment

A coworker of mine is in a military LDR and recently i found out a close family friend has a gf who lives all the way in Jordan! I think it's great that more people are opening up to ldr's and giving them a chance. I never even considered or planned on being in an ldr but I wouldn't trade my BF for any other man!

Comment

Working...
                              X