What Movie Most Represents Your Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Movie Most Represents Your Relationship

I just watched 28 Hotel Rooms again. It's one of my favorite LDR movies. It's one I wish my SO would watch, because it rather candidly and accurately portrays my feelings sometimes.

Another of my favorites is Like Crazy. That one also portrays my feelings well. It also makes me hope that when the time comes, we won't run into the nightmares of visa red tape.

Going the Distance is the first one I saw, shortly after I got involved in this LDR. It's one of the funnier ones, and shows the awkward situations that can occur with Skype and not having enough privacy.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

To be honest, I've watched a few LDR movies (28 Hotel Rooms not included) and most of them frustrate me. None of them have felt like a proper portrayal of what it's actually like (for me at least) and so often the characters just seem to give up.

If we had a movie it would be The Lion King But it doesn't represent our relationship.
    Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
    First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

I love "Like Crazy" I think that one represents an LDR pretty accurately. The movie doesn't try to sugarcoat anything, it's actually really depressing.

Comment

I didn't like "Like Crazy" at all :P
        Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
        First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

According to this quiz: https://www.playbuzz.com/jennifers/w...r-relationship - our relationship is like Notting Hill. Except it totally isn't since I'm not Julia Roberts and he isn't Hugh Grant I don't know if there is one that works for us. Maybe When Harry Met Sally because we were friends for years before this relationship?

Comment

I got the result The Notebook. I guess I should watch it. Now I want my SO to do this quizz!

I've seen the other two movies mentioned by OP except 28 hotel rooms. The trailer didn't look great though.

I have to agree that in the movies they seem to want to give up, which spoils it for me.

Comment

I got 'The Notebook' too. I haven't seen ANY of the movies in the OP.

Comment

I got "When Harry Met Sally"...Guess I need to have a movie night with my SO.

Comment

Originally posted by blankita719 View Post
                  According to this quiz: https://www.playbuzz.com/jennifers/w...r-relationship - our relationship is like Notting Hill. Except it totally isn't since I'm not Julia Roberts and he isn't Hugh Grant I don't know if there is one that works for us. Maybe When Harry Met Sally because we were friends for years before this relationship?
                  I got Notting Hill too. :P I haven't actually watched the film but the description sounds pretty nice "You are a strong, independent person, who is sick and tired of feeling "fake". Your significant other completes you in every sense: they give you warmth, a shoulder to lean on and the truth (even if it's harsh)." I need to actually watch it one of these days. I might have even watched it but can't remember now. I like Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant, they were probably some of the first names I recognized as celebrities, especially Julia Roberts I think.

I'm not sure which film would best represent my SO and I. Of course no film will do a perfect job unless my SO and I made one about us one day lol.. but most romantic films have some thing in them that I can relate to. If I watch a British film, I get excited especially if it was filmed in somewhere not-London lol like somewhere in the north or north west or Wales. :P Or if there is any Skype mention in films, that's awesome. Oh or plane scenes.. any love scene especially cute ones. Or ones where they met online... I can't think of any specific movies that I would say are really that similar to our relationship but I can definitely see elements of our relationship and feelings and things in a lot of movies. :P

Comment

I watched The Notebook (first time in my life) and I've balled my eyes out! Wow what a lovestory!

Comment

I've never been too keen on romantic films, because I feel like they're all basically the same and just...eh. My s/o, though, has a secret soft spot for them. I should ask him if he's seen any that he feels reflect our relationship.

If I had to pick any movie from any genre, I would pick "Dumb and Dumber". I don't think the movie fits us, but the name sure does

Comment

I don't think our love story would fit a typical romantic movie. Firstly, I was already in a romantic relationship, and second, there is too little drama stuff! I have not seen much LDR movies, but I sometimes feel my life is like the airport movie with Tom Hanks.
                        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

According to the quiz, I got My Big Fat Greek Wedding, which I haven't seen (I know, I know), but I'd say we're somewhere between Silver Linings Playbook and The Fault In Our Stars. He's incredibly romantic, I'm extremely cynical, and we both have quirks that somehow just...fit.

Comment

Originally posted by blankita719 View Post
                            Dirty Dancing. Both of us love dancing, we always daydream about dinner and dancing for our first "real time" date. The magnetic attraction between us, the chemistry and passion is incredible, and we find each other irresistible. We work well as a team, cheer each other on, support each other when the going gets rough.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

He got My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
                              I went and did the test again answering like I would think he answered and it gave that result.
                              It's a fun movie, have it in my old dvd collection.

Seriously I can't think of a film that would be like our relationship.
                              There isn't drama between us (there is in my life otherwise, my ex makes sure of that now and then, but it doesn't have anything to do or affect our relationship with my SO, except that he has to hear about it. LOL)
                              We work well as a team and would make great life companions in the everyday stuff. Which I love like going to the grocery store, or shopping, or cooking together.
                              We don't have trouble deciding what to do and never fight. I guess our love story would make a really BORING movie LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X