Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by standingoutsidethefire View Post
    Christ.

I'm pretty sure some of you just glaze over what a person writes. Of COURSE it's important to be realistic, and there's no point in getting too carried away, especially in a relationship that's just started. But a bit of optimism never hurt anyone, especially for those who are in long distance relationships.
    Optimism, yes, but ridiculous cliches help no one.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by standingoutsidethefire View Post
      Christ.

I'm pretty sure some of you just glaze over what a person writes. Of COURSE it's important to be realistic, and there's no point in getting too carried away, especially in a relationship that's just started. But a bit of optimism never hurt anyone, especially for those who are in long distance relationships.
      I can read just fine, and what I am reading right now, is you back peddling. Optimism is totally different than thinking love can conquer all. Saying love can't help you at all is pessimist, saying love can conquer all, is not optimist it's looking through the world in rose colored glasses, saving love can't conquer all is just realism.

I was optimistic when I met my first husband and when I met my second husband and when I met my SO now, but each time I learned to take a bit more of that rose color off my glasses and get a bit more realistic. I don't think being in an LDR versus CD has anything to do with it. Until you have walked a mile in a man's shoes don't judge him.

Since many of us are in long term LDRs here, I think it is fair to say that we have maintained plenty of positivity and realism in them to make them work.
      Last edited by Hollandia; July 17, 2014, 03:43 PM.
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
      X