Adjusting back to normality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting back to normality

I came back from Liverpool after visting Si last Monday, and so far all the...missingness etc hasnt got much better lol >< doesnt help that its still summer holidays for me since im in the UK and college doesnt start till the 9th of September, so i tried to fill up my time but its not helping and ended in me being slightly stressed with life xD We've somewhat planned our next visit...I know its late October but im not sure when half term is, however thats not a very comforting thought atm because I just wanna go back so much. We was together for nearly 3 weeks, 24/7, since neither of us work etc and only spent one night sleeping apart. Its hard to readjust back to 'normal' life... Also only my second visit..and my first one was very short, I did miss him after however it wasnt long enough to get comfortable in his house, get used to his routine and all that
    Didnt really think id be this bad at coping with being at home again ><
    how long does it normally take you guys to adjust back to normal routines and for the pangs of wanting your SO to somewhat disappear?
    <3 My Si Shake

Unfortunately it doesn't entirely go away...and for me each time it gets harder. I purposely OVER schedule my life the week I get back so that I am forced to think about my job/kids busy schedules...so that I don't have to concentrate on him not being around and me hurting soo badly. Just focus on YOU and try to think of the happiness you felt with him...and that you have found your partner...and that is a GOOD thing. We ALL understand how you feel...really spill it on here...not sure if you blog...but it can be a good thing..it helps me.
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
      Unfortunately it doesn't entirely go away...and for me each time it gets harder. I purposely OVER schedule my life the week I get back so that I am forced to think about my job/kids busy schedules...so that I don't have to concentrate on him not being around and me hurting soo badly. Just focus on YOU and try to think of the happiness you felt with him...and that you have found your partner...and that is a GOOD thing. We ALL understand how you feel...really spill it on here...not sure if you blog...but it can be a good thing..it helps me.
      Yeah, the week I came back I had quite a bit going on so I was kind of happy about that. However it turned into a situation where as soon as one thing was done it created two other problems lol but things have calmed down a bit now so im just gonna focus on working and such until college ><
      Ive thought about blogging before but never really got round to doing it...lol not sure why xD
      <3 My Si Shake

Comment

I like blogging on here...for a couple of reasons...one i can just get it out.....and noone in my real life knows I am on here...and two...people that read it on this site...UNDERSTAND. They have been there/done that/going through it now.

Good luck!
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I agree it never really goes away! ive visited my SO several times and it just gets harder, i keep on the go all the time over time at work hanging with mates or just cleaning my room, ive even got into a bad habit of watching films til i practically pass out so i dont dwell on the fact that he is not around when i miss him most. but we talk daily and text throughout the day, the distance had allowed us to get close in a way that would never of been possible living close, as we have had to learn to communicate verbally instead of relying on physical contact which is actually really nice he understands me better than anyone else i know even my best friend. You just gotta always communicate with each other and not be afriad to tell each other how you feel, and i find concentrating on the good times helps too

Comment

It's hard when an amazing trip is over. I deal with it by trying to keep myself busy and keep my mind off of things. It's hard because when I'm with my SO I feel like it's a dream come true, but when he goes away it's hard to get back in the routine of things.

Comment

its hard and i always try keeping myself extremely busy, not that it help much,i still keep on thinking of him all the time, but it makes me feel like ive achieved something throughout the day and not just hang around and be depressed the whole day....but it never goes away , its ok after a week or so, but its always there

Comment

It never really goes away entirely. Like for me it's like I think about him all the time, I wake up and the first thing I think of is him, trying to keep myself busy as well and talk to him as much as possible and distract myself in talking to friends and all, but when I watch movies like 'Dear John' they just make me so sad and then I miss him even more or when I listen to sad songs. It's ok for most of the time but sometimes the sadness and missing him and wanting to be with him overcomes me and then I'm just like
                "If it takes...forever....I will wait for you...For a thousand summers...I will wait for you...'Till you're back back beside me...'till i'm holding you...'till I hear you sigh, here in my arms..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzigirl View Post
                  It never really goes away entirely. Like for me it's like I think about him all the time, I wake up and the first thing I think of is him, trying to keep myself busy as well and talk to him as much as possible and distract myself in talking to friends and all, but when I watch movies like 'Dear John' they just make me so sad and then I miss him even more or when I listen to sad songs. It's ok for most of the time but sometimes the sadness and missing him and wanting to be with him overcomes me and then I'm just like
                  I completely agree! It never fully goes away no matter what im doing whether it be working or just hanging with friends i just cant help but wish he was by my side. I find it harder when im with my best friends Amy as she has just started seeing her boyfriend and they are always cuddled up n when we are all sat watching a film and they are cuddled up and im sat on my own i feel terribly alone

Comment

Originally posted by Talent_2 View Post
                    I completely agree! It never fully goes away no matter what im doing whether it be working or just hanging with friends i just cant help but wish he was by my side. I find it harder when im with my best friends Amy as she has just started seeing her boyfriend and they are always cuddled up n when we are all sat watching a film and they are cuddled up and im sat on my own i feel terribly alone
                    Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. No matter what he's always with me, in my mind, just not physically and every night when I go to bed I feel alone because he always was in bed first and then I'd crawl into bed and he'd lift his arm so I could sleep on his cheast. I think it's great when other people are happy with their partners, I love people seeing happy, but I'm just happiest when my bf is with me, that's when I feel complete and strong and feel like I can conquer anything with him, sounds cheesy I know but that's how I feel :$
                    "If it takes...forever....I will wait for you...For a thousand summers...I will wait for you...'Till you're back back beside me...'till i'm holding you...'till I hear you sigh, here in my arms..."

Comment

Working...
                    X