No announcement yet.

VOTE! New Member Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i really love the propositions here : ) i havent yet created my list, but its on the way ; )
    Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
    And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
    ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurl View Post
      I think the fictional ones are good... but using real life celebrity couples I am not so keen on.. I dislike brangelina...and fictional characters tend to not invoke as strong of a dislike as real life people I think (though I could be wrong LOL)

Oh..and the problem I see with using deities and the like are that, unless you use pairs (the ones who were coupled together as a part of their identities), then you end up with all male, all female...and so on and so forth. Not sure if anyone here would have a problem with the levels they are on being a different gender than they are but twas a thought I had *shrugs*

Yeah I take your points there, as well as Frank's about the break-up, I only chose Brad & Angelina cause they must be one of the most beautiful couples ever!

So I'll change my suggestion toooooooo:

1. Barbie & Ken
      2. Homer & Marge
      3. Adam & Eve
      4. Anthony & Cleopatra
      5. Romeo & Juliet

In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
      Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Snowy.Winter View Post
        1. Postage Stamp (A very important thing in an Long Distance Relationship).
        2. Ribbon and Bow (As in the ribbon from the Love Letter Satchels and a bow on gifts).
        3. Plane Ticket (Some LDR's use these to see each other).
        4. Scrapbook (As in memories of being on the forum but also in their other half's lives).
        5. Fantasy Dream (As in dreaming of the future).
        I think this is a cute idea!

Comment

While the relationship statuses are a good idea, I don't know if we should use them because some people might get confused and think it actually applies to that person's relationships, like "newlywed". And like Frank said, we don't want anything that will make less-active members feel discouraged or less important.

I loved the idea of fictional couples. Here are my ideas:

1. ??
          2. ??
          3. Elizabeth Bennett & Darcy (from Pride and Prejudice)
          4. Romeo and Juliet
          5. Odysseus and Penelope (they were apart for 20 years - perfect for LFAD!)

Comment

What about the number of posts for each level?

I was thinking something along the lines of:

Level 1 - (Lurker) - 0 posts
            Level 2 - 10 posts
            Level 3 - 50 posts
            Level 4 - 100 posts
            Level 5 - 500 posts
            Level 6 - 1000 posts

Too steep? Or would you include levels at every 100 posts maybe? Or would that be too many levels then? So then just ones at 250 and 750 for example?
            In a relationship with

My Albums:
            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

This is a tough one! Tbh I don't think you should use the titles that indicate the stage of your relationship, I don't think the number of posts really tells whether you're married or newlywed etc. lol, people who have just been together for a little while can still post a lot!

I would definitely go for Lurker being the first level, it's only humour and I'm sure no-one would take it personally. I think the titles should somehow relate to this forum instead of famous couples or stages of the relationship.
              I don't have many ideas but here's my list:

1) Lurker
              2) Random poster
              3) Blogger
              4) Reporter
              5) Shorthand

Comment

While the stages of relationship idea is super cute, the one thing that came to mind for me was like the people that still post here after their LDR has ended, in a bad way.... I know that if I had been really active and excited and my title said "Happily Ever After" but my LDR ended, I would be devastated. XD And at LFAD we really value the opinions of those older members that maybe are no longer in an LDR, and to me the relationship titles would alienate them a little.

On the other hand, I do kind of like the famous couples. That's a neat idea too.

Anddd on the OTHER other hand, I like Tanja's idea. XD Maybe we could have:
                1. Lurker
                2. Something
                3. Somethingsomething
                4. Somethingsomethingsomething
                5. Addict

Sorry, I know I'm tons of help. >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                  The thing about lurker is that it can be taken in a bad connotation to someone who just signs on.
                  The same goes for other ideas. You don't want a brand new member to be called something that would slight them.
                  Yeah, I do agree. Even though we all know it is in good humor, we know that there are those out there who would take it too seriously. Trust me, I've dealt with getting emails from people who take some of the things we have on the site too seriously. Namely the kiss phone thing. It is obviously a joke, and was just added to the list because I thought it was hilarious! But people have called me creepy and weird because they thought I was being serious.

So maybe think of an alternative for Lurker? Newbie, LFAD Noob...

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                  This is a tough one! Tbh I don't think you should use the titles that indicate the stage of your relationship, I don't think the number of posts really tells whether you're married or newlywed etc. lol, people who have just been together for a little while can still post a lot!
                  Originally posted by Veiled_Dreamer View Post
                  While the stages of relationship idea is super cute, the one thing that came to mind for me was like the people that still post here after their LDR has ended, in a bad way.... I know that if I had been really active and excited and my title said "Happily Ever After" but my LDR ended, I would be devastated. XD And at LFAD we really value the opinions of those older members that maybe are no longer in an LDR, and to me the relationship titles would alienate them a little.
                  I agree with this as well. It is a good idea, but not appropriate for those members who are not with their SO any longer. It WOULD alienate them.
                  Read my LDR story!
                  Facebook
                  Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                    So maybe think of an alternative for Lurker? Newbie, LFAD Noob...
                    I think those are worse!

Originally posted by Tanja View Post

I would definitely go for Lurker being the first level, it's only humour and I'm sure no-one would take it personally. I think the titles should somehow relate to this forum instead of famous couples or stages of the relationship.
                    I don't have many ideas but here's my list:

1) Lurker
                    2) Random poster
                    3) Blogger
                    4) Reporter
                    5) Shorthand

Nah, not for me, hun. I think that's far too generic. We might as well keep Junior Member etc

I think it should be love/couple/relationship related in one way or another, to make it personal and relevant to what this forum is all about.

I can understand the points about the stages of a relationship deterring others though. I can appreciate that. How about the fictional couples idea then? I'm sure we could get a fair few of those together between us too...
                    In a relationship with

My Albums:
                    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                    My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                      How about the fictional couples idea then? I'm sure we could get a fair few of those together between us too...
                      I don't love this idea, because how can you rate which fictional couple is better than another? Are people even going to know who all of them are? I see one fictional couple and I am not going to assume it is better than another one and go oooh they are a higher rank on the board! :P

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
                        I don't love this idea, because how can you rate which fictional couple is better than another? Are people even going to know who all of them are? I see one fictional couple and I am not going to assume it is better than another one and go oooh they are a higher rank on the board! :P
                        I don't know, I've always thought of Romeo & Juliet as the most famous pair of lovers throughout history though I guess, hence then being number 5. In my list of 5, I started with Barbie & Ken, then Homer & Marge. It's not really a case of one being better than the other lol, I just put them in some kind of order. I don't think it matters all that much, it's just a nice little something to go above your avatar

Ah well, I've thrown my suggestions into the hat, I guess whatever is chosen won't please everyone lol, I don't envy Michelle & Frank having to make the decision
                        In a relationship with

My Albums:
                        Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                        My dog Sam ♥

Comment

I think those are worse!

We need a friendlier name than lurker. Anyone have better ideas?
                          Read my LDR story!
                          Facebook
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                            We need a friendlier name than lurker. Anyone have better ideas?

Erm, how about... newcomer, fledgling, freshman, novice, or just beginner?

Edit: Newbie wasn't so bad btw, it was the Noob one that caught my eye

That's more of an erm, offensive? (it's not really offensive though is it lol, but you know what I mean) type of term, in here at least.

What about LFAD newbie?
                            Last edited by Andy; February 1, 2010, 02:28 PM.
                            In a relationship with

My Albums:
                            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Newbie wasn't so bad btw, it was the Noob one that caught my eye

That's more of an erm, offensive? (it's not really offensive though is it lol, but you know what I mean) type of term, in here at least.
                              Well, traditionally, in the days of yore of the Internet, hacker-speak had "newb" being simply a new person whereas a "n00b" or "noob" is an annoying/underskilled newcomer. So I agree, "noob" is kind of offensive but newbie isn't. </computer geekdom> XD

I kind of like novice, if we're going to go with the more generic names. But I definitely would prefer a set of titles more relative to LDRs or romance in general.

Comment

How about rating it with a number of hearts for example? Like this:

3 .

Like that, I couldn't add all the images up to 5. lol but you get the idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X