LDR cheated when drunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RachelS View Post
    I no longer blame myself, he confessed to cheating on me on a separate occasion months ago with my one true friend out there or so I thought. the point he started to feel depressed when I so desperately tried to be a good girlfriend and help him through a dark phase. He doest need saving he can save himself
    I'm still talking to him and will make my decision when I see the supposed man of my dreams

The moment he fessed up on it all a weight on my mind was lifted...I have done nothing wrong these past months
    So now he's confessed to cheating on you twice? Oh, sweetie, now you've got two red flags waving out there. It is time to let go and move on.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

He cheated with your friend?

Leave him. That alone shows he puts his wants over hurting you.
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Twice? Nope. I'm sorry, but he's never going to change and never going to be fully committed to you. He's already proven that. There's nothing for you to wait and see about. He is not the "man of your dreams". If he was the man of your dreams, he never would've cheated.

Take it from someone who has experience, sweetie. I was with my ex for 5 years too. Didn't mean jack. He never changed. Also, we lived only 40mins from each other and he cheated (three times! Not counting all the other girls he flirted with). They never change.
        Last edited by whatruckus; September 24, 2014, 10:03 PM.

Comment

I agree with above posters that his recent confession is another red flag.You should not be relieved you have done nothing wrong, you should be scared his depression is making him impulsive, reckless and in a bad position to take care of your needs. I am actually pro that you curb his drinking, alcohol might enhance even a tiny depression, I have curbed my husband's drinking several times for this reason. No person is dream stuff but you need to make sure he is real stuff, that he is willing and able to make changes.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
          X