Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things are going well...with one exception

See my "Crap. Again?" Post below.

David and I will be officially together for 2 months next week. It's been great. Our first date was an overnight one and lasted 30 hours (yep, got that out of the way and WOW! lol) We've had a total of 5 "dates", only one was shorter than the first one, and this last one was a 4 day road trip to Niagara Falls! We've spent a lot of time in hotels, as we've only had one overnight at my place and one at his. Therein lies the problem. (We are 3.5 hours apart.)

I work odd days. Will have weekends off twice a month, and 2 weekdays those other 2 weeks. He works M-F, and has his son on Tuesday nights, and Friday through Sunday. Which in and of itself isn't the issue, as I met his son last visit and we got along well. It's his parents that are the biggest problem, making the distance thing worse.
    I can't even go up there and spend my days off with him overnight, because his parents have been staying with him for 3 months since they sold their house because they haven't been able to find another. They have his room, and he sleeps on a twin size air mattress on the floor of his son's room. His house is smaller than mine, about 900 sq ft. Mine is almost 1200, for comparison, just to show you how cramped it is. And they have boxes stored in every possible inch of the place. So I can't even spend the night if I go up there and meet him after work for a few hours when I have the next day off. I tried it once, driving home at 9:30pm after spending almost 6 hours with him, and I was so tired that I had to pull over several times and it turned the 3.5 hour drive home into a 5.5 hour drive home. We've gotten a hotel once, but can't keep doing that as it's expensive and it already costs $40/50 in gas each trip.

With my schedule, it's impossible for him to come here, because he either works or has his son on my days off.

There's no end in sight for him to have his house back, because his mom can't seem to find any houses she likes, and the winter housing slump is about to hit. And he's too damn nice to tell them he can't stand having them there any more.

I'm really frustrated. Other than that, everything is going great! More stories to come!

Any words of wisdom?
    Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a fairytale!

PS: any way to change my username at all?

And why can't I change my signature line from the mobile site?
    Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a fairytale!

Comment

Glad it's all worked out apart from the parents thing

Comment

Being a child of divorce, I know how important time with your parent can be when going between houses, but have yall talked about him coming down one weekend you have off and bringing his son? It could be like a mini vacation for his son and his son may enjoy it where you are!

However, your SO may not want you tow around each other but so much until you two have been together longer. Still just a thought though!

Comment

Actually, he brought up the idea of them coming here, but honestly, I feel like that might be a disaster. His son is a typical 11 year old boy, who doesn't spend much time outdoors (is a gamer). I don't have cable, Internet, Netflix, or video game systems. His poor son would be bored out of his mind.

Comment

If the hotel room money is the main problem, maybe you can get cheaper accomodation through Airbnb.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

There are no Airbnbs in his area. Honestly, it irks me that he can't even have a guest in his home because his parents have taken over. The only way I got to stay for the 2 nights I did over Memorial Day is because they went to visit his sister out of state. He's miserable beyond belief, too, but they're his parents, and he feels he shouldn't ask them to leave because they put a roof over his head for 21 years. I feel like they should have rented an apartment, and that they're taking advantage of him. They're not paying him anything, and his fridge is so chock full of their food that he can't fit anything of his own in it, so he tends to eat out a lot, because his mom will bitch if he eats something of theirs that she was "saving for later".

And don't get me started on 3 adults and a pre-teen boy all shoved into a 2 bedroom 1 (extremely small!) bathroom, 900 sq ft house! Poor David will go and lay on the dining room floor to text me at night just so he has a change of scenery from the tiny air mattress on the floor, because his mom is sprawled out on the couch and his dad on the love seat!

I don't let him know how much it bothers me, because I know he's supremely irritated, even though he won't do anything about it. He's just trying to wait it out so that there's peace in the end. But WHEN is the end?!? They've already been there for 3 months. The housing market isn't likely to cough up their dream house in the middle of winter. I mentioned tonight about what if they're still there at Christmas, and the glare I got VIA TEXT was enough to ice your soul! lol

Comment

I'd just refrain from mentioning them staying there. Listen when he has to vent and what not but you just have to wait it out and work around it while doing so, right now it's not your problem. Glad everything else is working out though.
                We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Originally posted by TampaLove View Post
                  There are no Airbnbs in his area. Honestly, it irks me that he can't even have a guest in his home because his parents have taken over. The only way I got to stay for the 2 nights I did over Memorial Day is because they went to visit his sister out of state. He's miserable beyond belief, too, but they're his parents, and he feels he shouldn't ask them to leave because they put a roof over his head for 21 years. I feel like they should have rented an apartment, and that they're taking advantage of him. They're not paying him anything, and his fridge is so chock full of their food that he can't fit anything of his own in it, so he tends to eat out a lot, because his mom will bitch if he eats something of theirs that she was "saving for later".

And don't get me started on 3 adults and a pre-teen boy all shoved into a 2 bedroom 1 (extremely small!) bathroom, 900 sq ft house! Poor David will go and lay on the dining room floor to text me at night just so he has a change of scenery from the tiny air mattress on the floor, because his mom is sprawled out on the couch and his dad on the love seat!

I don't let him know how much it bothers me, because I know he's supremely irritated, even though he won't do anything about it. He's just trying to wait it out so that there's peace in the end. But WHEN is the end?!? They've already been there for 3 months. The housing market isn't likely to cough up their dream house in the middle of winter. I mentioned tonight about what if they're still there at Christmas, and the glare I got VIA TEXT was enough to ice your soul! lol
                  Lots of parents would let their kids stay with them rent free for a couple of weeks/months if they needed it, and vice verca. I do however agree that they have started to outstay their welcome. He should probably sit down with them, perhaps together they could find a suitable temporary appartment for his parents. However yours is a new relationship so be aware not to meddle too much.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Make you don't bad mouth his parents to him. No matter what they are his parents and always will be. I would suggest his son pack up his console and a few games and stay with you two at your place. You don't have internet? Is it worth it to get it? It would be cheaper than hotels and gas. Maybe he could split it with you.
                    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X